Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Felt sick today. Took a nap, woke up starving with an empty stomach but feeling like I needed to puke, so I was left with a really bad conundrum. At least I fended off my dizziness (from low blood sugar) by sipping some soda.

Feeling sick is so annoying, though.

Also, on an off topic note, I've discovered that total starvation makes me crave apples, since that's what I ate the first couple times in my life that I woke up in that "So starving that standing makes me dizzy" state.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

2016 Oct 06, 17:23:52 #18501 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 07, 20:59:50 by Chishio Kunrin
No spoilers please.

I refuse to watch any of these 'early' episodes until they air in the U.S.

Not that it may matter since Starlight is on a thin leash with me now. If her dumb stuff continues............

Back to 'NOT REDEEMED' character.

:\
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Call me the Dead Sea because I'm super salty right now. :\

Every once in a while, especially a week or two before a new volume premieres, the RWBY crew holds a Q&A somewhere on the internet. They've been holding their Q&As on various different platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. This time, they held it on Tumblr and gave 7 days of time (they announced it on Sept 30, answered questions on Oct 7, left their Ask Box open that whole 7 days) for people to submit their questions.

So, out of the surely countless questions they received over the course of those 7 days, how many did they answer?

That's not what I'm salty about, but it is kind of annoying. Why give people 7 days to submit questions and then only set aside enough time to answer 36 questions? Why?

Especially when they favored the same exact kind of questions that they've been favoring in pretty much every single text Q&A they have held for a while now! That's what I'm salty about! Because all it ever is, is:
- Mostly a bunch of voice acting questions that all end up so similar that they blur together
- Stuff like "I love you guys." "I love you Barbara" "I love the roosterteeth girls. This isn't a question I just love them" "You got any music recommendations?" (What?!! Seriously?!!! Why did these get answered?!)
- "What would the characters' favorite memes be?" "What anime would the characters watch?" "What houses in Game of Thrones would the characters be in?" (I have nothing against these questions)
- Often at least one "Did you ever think you'd (blablablah) such a popular show?" question
- What's your favorite character to write for/character/outfit/Grimm/moment/etc (These get asked so often)
- If you could voice any character/If you could voice a different RWBY character/etc (These also tend to get asked)
- What's the best part about making the show/working for Rooster Teeth/etc
- Maybe a small few questions about the show proper/upcoming volume/volume that just finished

Why am I salty that those questions get favored so much?
Every time CRWBY (crew + RWBY, the RWBY crew) announces a Q&A, the people who frequently use the RWBY wiki get together, discuss what kinds of questions they should ask, and list what they're going to ask.
And the only Q&A, in a long time, where CRWBY has actually answered any questions that wiki users have asked at all was the Facebook Q&A, and that was probably only because the wiki admins used the RWBY Wiki Facebook page to ask the questions. Even then, CRWBY only answered a small few of the more important wiki user questions, and I only recall them giving a serious, definite answer to a couple of those.

The wiki users are frustrated because they feel ignored. It's tiring trying to ask serious questions about things we're curious about, things we're confused about, things that would improve the wiki's articles, and things that the fandom has been arguing about, only for those questions to almost always be ignored in favor of what I listed above.

In total, the RWBY wiki got 2 pieces of info out of those 36 answers in the entire Q&A: The village from the Volume 4 Character Short is on the outskirts of Vale and the short takes place before volume 4. The "How long is the timeskip?" question wasn't useful because they already said months ago (in, like, July, I think?) that the timeskip is 6-8 months.

So, yeah, I'm incredibly salty.

P.S. Don't give 7 days to ask questions and then only answer 36 of them and have those 36 mostly be a concentration of the same stuff you always answer in every single Q&A.

Jcfraven

Regarding the leaked finale..

Spoiler: show

It. Bloody. Sucked.

Usually I am more eloquent in my description of how good or bad an episode is, but honestly, that episode is not worth it.

Do not misunderstand, it is not that I dislike the Changeling reform, and cliffhanger. Both of those things are very interesting, and can lead to a lot more universe development.

My issue with it is that, just like with Magical Mystery Cure, it was way too rushed, there were too many things that made little to no sense, and the only real redemption in it was the humor. However, I actually enjoyed Magical Mystery Cure more than this finale, because at least the end of MMC made sense, whereas there was no real reason for anything that happened in this finale to occur.

Oh well, this whole season has been a huge let down, so I suppose I should have expected it. Feel free to discuss to the contrary, if you wish.

Invultrois

2016 Oct 11, 08:07:39 #18504 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 12, 15:42:15 by Princess Darcy
You know when you are in your college years you often find yourself in trouble because of what you did, well it's happening to me quite often now.

(Just a tad too personal for these forums.  Redacted. ~Darcy)

Sorry if this aren't the right place for these type of things, but I'm annoyed by myself so I guess it counts eh?

Night Pony

Ruby's swings in the Volume 4 trailer are nothing like the ones in Red trailer.
They are slow, wide and looks more like you'd do with a greatsword than a scythe.
It's bugging me.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Oct 11, 16:15:49
Ruby's swings in the Volume 4 trailer are nothing like the ones in Red trailer.
They are slow, wide and looks more like you'd do with a greatsword than a scythe.
It's bugging me.

Apparently, a bit of it was them trying to emulate what you can do in the video game, Grimm Eclipse. She even uses one of the special moves at one point.

Now, what really annoys me is how the new gorilla Grimm was instantly ruined by that meme. *Sigh*

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Oct 12, 01:01:54
Apparently, a bit of it was them trying to emulate what you can do in the video game, Grimm Eclipse. She even uses one of the special moves at one point.

Now, what really annoys me is how the new gorilla Grimm was instantly ruined by that meme. *Sigh*

Makes sense but it should really be the other way around. The game should emulate the show's moves with more spinning rather than the other way around.

Gorilla to be honest reminded me something from [PROTOTYPE]  game with his infected type patch on his right shoulder.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Oct 12, 04:02:35
Makes sense but it should really be the other way around. The game should emulate the show's moves with more spinning rather than the other way around.

Gorilla to be honest reminded me something from [PROTOTYPE]  game with his infected type patch on his right shoulder.

Ah, according to the concept art, the red patches on its shoulder are actually burns. Seems that Grimm had been through a lot.
But yeah, it didn't remind me of that meme, but tons of fans everywhere sure did...

I think (and hope) they only did the Grimm Eclipse moves for that Character Short.

10-11 more days, man.
Kinda sad that it seems no one recorded the volume 4 opening or the episode 1 clip they showed at NYCC. All we have is people telling us what they saw, and we can't confirm any of it because there's no video, so we just have to go with it.

On the bright side, though, it seems that Miles was telling the truth when he said that volume 4 will have some light and fun stuff like the previous volumes and won't be all dark and serious all the time. The episode 1 clip apparently had a bit of silly banter about our traveling characters' team name.

However, annoyingly, apparently there are certain shippers making a fuss about Sun being there for Blake. How dare he help his friend because it threatens a fan ship, am I right?!

Night Pony

Well they mentioned the more the Grimm the more dangerous they become.
It didn't for me but it's easier to remember/say. And you know everything that's a gorilla is homage to the meme these days.

Hope so otherwise they would ruined one of the appeals (not that the combat wasn't good as it was but it could've been better).

Well we shall see them soon enough.

Yay for comedy!

Black sun, right? First when i heard of it thought it was something sci-fi related. lol

Stardust Dragon

So many things I want to do, so many things I HAVE to do, and so much sleep that needs to be had.  How one actually balance a schedule escapes me...

And for some reason, my worries right now are "should I post all 4 of my OC's to the forum at once and risk drowning anyone who might be interested in text?"
Well, that and trying to remember where it was posted that LoE will have 3 character slots per account.  I swear I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember where and want to confirm my memory isn't just dying.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Oct 16, 06:00:16
Well, that and trying to remember where it was posted that LoE will have 3 character slots per account.  I swear I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember where and want to confirm my memory isn't just dying.
Yeah, only 3 per-account, unless they changed things which is possible.
But does it really matter? The game is 100% free so you can have as many accounts as you like, which means 3X as many characters as you like.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Oct 16, 06:52:41
Yeah, only 3 per-account, unless they changed things which is possible.
But does it really matter? The game is 100% free so you can have as many accounts as you like, which means 3X as many characters as you like.

I guess the notion of making a second account feels "wrong" somehow, like it's cheating.  That, and one character is going to have to be marked with the "dishonor" of being on the "spare" account, unless I make one account for each of the four OC's I intend to have.  Or maybe it feels wasteful to me; I just want everything to be efficient and easy, regardless of what reality actually says will happen.

LostSanity

I've made a decision.

I'm not only going to accept it. I'm going to embrace it.

I'm sick and tired of getting crap for my opinions, what they are, and even how they are stated.

That's why I made the change to the custom user title.

If I what I stated is attacked... I WILL defend it.

Fair warning.

ovO
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sweet Brew

Every time I join some new brony sit the people are always... ehh... I just can't stand them. lol
I just want a decent SFW chat please. >.<

Chromastone64

Spoiler: Okay, being British, I'm just saying that this is a joke over here by now. Even if I wholly believe it. • show

Give me a T
Give me a R
Give me a U
M
P
What's that spell?
BRAT!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 23, 20:23:16
Spoiler: Okay, being British, I'm just saying that this is a joke over here by now. Even if I wholly believe it. • show

Give me a T
Give me a R
Give me a U
M
P
What's that spell?
BRAT!

I am not trying to start anything, just as a forewarning.

Honestly, that would be hilarious to hear, because of how honestly stupid it is. Is he the best candidate? Absolutely not. Even so, at least he is not a corrupt hypocrite, who will willingly and pridefully destroy the remainder of our country. With him, there is at least some form of chance What do I know, however? I am simply a well-read American Christian.

Chromastone64

2016 Oct 24, 09:02:24 #18517 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 24, 10:47:56 by Chromastone64
Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 23, 20:27:25
I am not trying to start anything, just as a forewarning.

Honestly, that would be hilarious to hear, because of how honestly stupid it is. Is he the best candidate? Absolutely not. Even so, at least he is not a corrupt hypocrite, who will willingly and pridefully destroy the remainder of our country. With him, there is at least some form of chance What do I know, however? I am simply a well-read American Christian.

Yeah, it's not meant to be anything serious :) . He's just a laughing stock over here.

Post Merge

OVERWATCH.
JUNKENSTEIN'S REVENGE.
STOP
BEING
LEEROY
JENKINS
AND
DEFEND
THE
FREAKING
DOOR.
>:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Stardust Dragon

My boss: Hey, I need you to check if these new gadgets are working.
Which I have to do via the thing you didn't bring to the control console and was left dangling 18 feet up, 10 feet away from where I can grab it?
Boss: We weren't using it.
You literally only made MORE work!  >:O I TRIED to make this idiot-proof as possible, how do you keep disappointing me?!

Chishio Kunrin

2016 Oct 31, 10:55:49 #18519 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 31, 11:10:37 by Chishio Kunrin
For some unknown reason, my sinuses seem to be draining a ton in my sleep, and I think that's why my throat hurts when I wake up every morning lately. Also kind of explains why my stomach has been upset. Ugh...

Edit: Oh, also, I really wish Rooster Teeth would just write the RWBY Youtube video subtitles themselves and lock everyone else out of editing the subtitles.
Really.
Seriously.
Please. I'm begging you!

Fans tend to put dumb jokes and their own commentary into the subtitles, which makes it confusing for the people who actually need the subtitles due to being deaf or hard of hearing or their first language not being English.

On top of that, the RWBY wiki keeps getting people who show up and edit things and get into edit wars trying to change everything to the spellings they found in the Youtube subtitles, which have a tendency to be wrong, as we recently found out from the volume 4 World of Remnant videos.

The fandom had some problems with it being hard to figure out how to spell the names of the continents and such that were revealed in the new World of Remnant videos. The RWBY wiki's regular users sat down, discussed it all, and did some research. Since the locations in RWBY have real words for their names (though, Vytal is an intentional misspelling of Vital, to look cooler), the wiki users did some research to look for real words that sound like the ones we heard in the WoR videos.

The wiki came up with: Sanus, Onym, Solitas, Alsius, Windpath, and Kuchinashi.
Youtube came up with: Sanas, Aunima, Solitas, Alsius, Windpath, and Kuchinachi.
With the premiere of the first episode, the wiki changed Onym (a suffix) to Anima. To be fair, in the WoR video, Qrow didn't enunciate that last "a" very well at all.
So many different people kept going onto the wiki one after the other and trying to edit every instance of "Sanus" to "Sanas" and pointing to the Youtube subtitles as their source, and the users kept having to explain over and over again that fans write the subtitles.
Miles Luna (co-writer of RWBY) later tweeted: Sanus, Anima, Solitas, and Alsius.
So, it turned out the wiki was right.

And now..
Youtube subtitles: Xione Village
Wiki: Shion Village
Who's right?! Most likely the wiki. Shion is a flower that, in flower language, means remembrance, and considering that episode 2 is called Remembrance... yeah.

Go Up