Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Aug 30, 22:56:13
"It's $60! and he lied!" but most people make that money back in a day or two at work.(Not everyone does though, and I get that.)

That's an irrelevant point. Product pricing is not based on what the consumer can afford, they're based on what the consumer is willing to pay. If a restaurant charged me $13 for a glass of water then I would feel very ripped off, doesn't matter that I can make that back in an hour.

I seriously doubt the guy tried to lie, chances are he couldn't get all the promised content in by the release date, he didn't try to leave it out, the fact that the release date got pushed back a few times just shows this.

Sean Murray lied about multiple features no matter how you want to spin it, claiming he didn't is just pure fanboyism. Do you honestly believe he didn't know all the features of the game he created and worked on for years? It was intentionally deceptive advertising, period.

Being disappointed in the game or sad that you spent the money and it turned out to not be what you wanted is okay.
But the way people are raging and swearing up a storm is inexcusable.
When the love of my life stabbed me in the back I didn't act even half this bad.
A kid losing the love of his life behaved better than an adult who didn't get the game he wanted? Seriously?

I don't know anyone who is emotionally hurt or devistated over it, people are just rightly teed off that they were swindled. I don't like No Man's Sky, but instead of losing sleep over it, I simply won't buy it. I'm not any poorer for it, my life is exactly the same as it was before the game was released.

Gamers are just getting so many entitlement issues, they think of free DLC as "How it should be" and not a generous gift.

Never in a million years did I think expecting something that you were promised and paid for could be considered "entitlement". This makes me very sad.

People need to learn to appreciate the work others put into things regardless of how much of a disappointment is was.

Yeah no. I can't respect a man or a company that knowingly and maliciously deceives their paying customers. Hello Games is quickly going to learn that integrity and reputation means everything in the business world, no one is ever going to trust them again after this debacle.

Sweet Brew

QuoteNever in a million years did I think expecting something that you were promised and paid for could be considered "entitlement". This makes me very sad.

lol, No I wasn't referring to you, so no worries.

QuoteSean Murray lied about multiple features no matter how you want to spin it, claiming he didn't is just pure fanboyism. Do you honestly believe he didn't know all the features of the game he created and worked on for years? It was intentionally deceptive advertising, period.

It seems to be more like he couldn't fit the stuff in the game in time.
But if he was intentionally putting out false stuff then I would understand accusing him of lying.

QuoteI don't know anyone who is emotionally hurt or devistated over it, people are just rightly teed off that they were swindled. I don't like No Man's Sky, but instead of losing sleep over it, I simply won't buy it.

See, you're looking at it through a rational mind.
These other people I've been seeing have been acting emotionally hurt by it.
Those are the people I'm referring to that I'm sick of.

QuoteYeah no. I can't respect a man or a company that knowingly and maliciously deceives their paying customers. Hello Games is quickly going to learn that integrity and reputation means everything in the business world, no one is ever going to trust them again after this debacle.

I don't think they actually were trying to lie, but if they were then I would understand not trusting them and all that stuff.
Really though, the main thing that annoys me is the people just raging and yelling about and not stopping.

If people just took your approach and said "Whatever, they'll pay for it" then I would be fine.
It's just the inexcusable anger the other weirdos are showing off.

Julius

People are raging so darn hard over a simple game, they say "It's $60! and he lied!" but most people make that money back in a day or two at work.(Not everyone does though, and I get that.)

I really don't want to touch the other things you said, but this... This... You really have no idea how hard life can be in a lot of places for you to think that of "Most people"... :/
Purr~

Peace Keeper

Hehe. That's why I don't get overhyped on games. I just wait to see how it does, and if it gets my interest, I go buy it. I never preorder stuff, or buy them on day 1, or 7.

Then again, it may come in a surprise. Either way, it probably do these features like Minecraft. Every update comes in with these features or new ones little by little. Better than have em all and be all broken first (*cough* BF4 *cough*).

As for they not liking the genre of gameplay, not sure what they were thinking of the game when they wanted to buy it x3 . Pretty sure if you enjoy Minecraft, you probably find NMS interesting.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Julius on 2016 Aug 31, 09:07:52
I really don't want to touch the other things you said, but this... This... You really have no idea how hard life can be in a lot of places for you to think that of "Most people"... :/
That's a bit quick to judge, but I can tell this is started to upset some people so I'll stop now.

Chrisgotjar

Looks like it's time for me to step in.

Just remind ya'll not to get too heated over this No Man's Sky thing.

Since I only get £70 a month to spend I ain't getting it anytime soon.

That being said here's my view:
This will either go two main ways

1: they lied. Oh no, so sad. Learn not to pre order something you truly know nothing about
Or don't and leave this page to pre order the next COD for £50,000 :P

2: they didn't lie. They couldn't get everything done by release. Simple wait a bit longer and it'll be patched in.

Which one is true will be apparent with time.

Either way. Don't pre order on a whim children, like with any investment, do your research first ;) It's still gonna be buyable after it's release Unless it's Nintendo
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Chromastone64

I know I've said I have a lot of problems with the game, but it all goes back to one principle:
If a developer promises that something's in the game, and it isn't upon release, you have a RIGHT to be mad, but NOT to take it completely overboard. I'm mad, yes, but I'm not going to run into the streets calling for them to go bankrupt. I just won't be buying another of their games before reviews come out.
Let's all just agree that Konami is the real evil here and keep hating them instead.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Sep 01, 06:00:09
I know I've said I have a lot of problems with the game, but it all goes back to one principle:
If a developer promises that something's in the game, and it isn't upon release, you have a RIGHT to be mad, but NOT to take it completely overboard. I'm mad, yes, but I'm not going to run into the streets calling for them to go bankrupt. I just won't be buying another of their games before reviews come out.
Let's all just agree that Konami is the real evil here and keep hating them instead.

There's always Elite: Dangerous!

Notice: Other players.

Personally I'm waiting to see how Star Citizen turns out, that game looks promising.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Sep 01, 06:00:09
Now while I disagree it gives someone the right to be mad that's just my opinion.
No one ever said my moral compass points perfectly north, lol.

Even so, Thing is you weren't taking it over bored, you were dissapointed and a bit angry but that's all.
But the people I've been seeing are the raving lunatics that I was referring too, though everyone seems to think I was referring to them. lol

If I have an issue with someone here or something on this community I'm not going to rant about it here.
It's just hurtful to them. :P

Howitzer

Really the best thing for any game is to just wait a while after the release and see what some people say, or just what almost everyone is saying about it.
I didn't even know about NMS for almost two weeks after its release, but after reading Midnight Breeze's rant a few opinions describing it's awful less-than-perfect performance, it seemed smart to stay away and look at another game.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Howitzer on 2016 Sep 01, 21:49:20
Really the best thing for any game is to just wait a while after the release and see what some people say, or just what almost everyone is saying about it.
I didn't even know about NMS for almost two weeks after its release, but after reading Midnight Breeze's rant a few opinions describing it's awful less-than-perfect performance, it seemed smart to stay away and look at another game.
The issue wasn't that it's a bad game, it's just that over half of the promised content didn't get in.
It's still a good game, I dunno if it's worth $60 though, just wait for a Steam sale or soemthing.

Now while I haven't actually played it I have talked to a good deal of people who have, they've all said the same thing.
The fans are just mainly dissapointed with the fact that they think they lied.
Weather they did or didn't.... I dunno, seems to me like the guy just got over exited and couldn't fit it all in, but either way, fans are dissapointed for not getting half of the game they expected.

Midnight Breeze

I'd like to know what the deal is with the neighbor's horses always crowding around my car. I park my car right next to the fence of the neighbor's horse pasture and there's always like 3 or 4 of them just standing there. Why you do this, horses?

LostSanity

Not really sure if this is 'dumb' it's more like... an observation really.

I've seen A LOT of MLP & Pokemon crossover art (characters with pokemon)...

How come there isn't any art of MLP & Digimon in a similar manner?

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

So TIL I'm not really Cajun, not by a long shot.

I dug around through public records on a genealogy website tracing my maternal grandfather's ancestry way back. Turns out my family has lived in present-day Louisiana for a REALLY freaking long time, long before the Great Expulsion in fact.

My closest ancestor born outside of present-day America was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather, who was born in the mid 1600s in...Bavaria, Germany...he immigrated to New France in his 20s.

Talk about trippy. I can't find any ancestors from Acadia, or even France. My family's just been living in Louisiana for so long we assimilated into Cajun culture and forgot our ancestry it seems. I had no clue I was of German descent.

You never know what you'll find among the branches, I guess.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Sep 03, 00:40:33there's always like 3 or 4 of them just standing there. Why you do this, horses?
They know you're a brony. =P

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Sep 03, 20:47:06
They know you're a brony. =P

Nopemeister.

I've never been the least bit into equestrianism IRL. You know, city boy and all.

Sweet Brew

I tried to put this
Spoiler: Poptart • show
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░▄░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄▄░░▄░░░█░▄▄▄░░░
░▄▄▄▄▄░░█░░░░░░▀░░░░▀█░░▀▄░░░░░█▀▀░██░░
░██▄▀██▄█░░░▄░░░░░░░██░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░██░░
░░▀██▄▀██░░░░░░░░▀░██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██░
░░░░▀████░▀░░░░▄░░░██░░░▄█░░░░▄░▄█░░██░
░░░░░░░▀█░░░░▄░░░░░██░░░░▄░░░▄░░▄░░░██░
░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▀░░
░░░░░░█▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀████████████▀░░░░
░░░░░░████▀░░███ ░░░░░░░░ ████░░░░ ███

On my DeviantART status post.
It didn't work. :s

Chromastone64

Dang it, the best show Cartoon Network's had in ages is a miniseries!
Long Live The Royals is awesome! WHY ONLY FOUR EPISODES?! >:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

People need to stop throwing around the term OCD so liberally. Everyone likes cleanliness and order, it doesn't mean you have OCD, and it stems from a popular misunderstanding of what obsessive-compulsive disorder really is. Some people are just more anal about cleanliness than others, they are called neat freaks. It's not a mental disorder, it's just a personality trait.

True obsessive-compulsive disorder is a horrible and extremely debilitating mental illness. Just as the name suggests, it's about obsessive thoughts and going through rituals; or compulsions, related to the obsession. These obsessions are usually completely devoid of logic or reason, the sufferer is not insane, they know their compulsions are irrational, but they have to do them in order to satisfy their obsession. An OCD sufferer's obsessions can be literally anything, it isn't necessarily related to cleanliness or order.

For example, an OCD sufferer may be a woman who is convinced; in the absence of any evidence, that she's being watched in her home. She's so obsessed and distraught that she's unable to live her daily life. Every hour she has to walk around her home making sure all the blinds are closed so that nobody can see in the windows. She has to check all her closets and behind all her furniture to make sure nobody is hiding anywhere. She has to thoroughly check every nook and cranny for hidden cameras. At night, she has to get up every half hour, turn on her lights, check under her bed and in her closet to make sure there's nobody in her room watching her sleep. If she doesn't do these things then she will be utterly unable to let herself relax, possibly having panic attacks. She KNOWS that her fears are irrational, but that knowledge doesn't make them go away, she can't help it.

THAT is obsessive-compulsive disorder. Getting uncomfortable when you walk into a filthy room is not OCD, it's called being a normal human being. It is extremely insulting to real OCD sufferers to say you have OCD just because you like to keep your video game collection alphabetized or something.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Sep 09, 14:36:10
Spoiler: show
People need to stop throwing around the term OCD so liberally. Everyone likes cleanliness and order, it doesn't mean you have OCD, and it stems from a popular misunderstanding of what obsessive-compulsive disorder really is. Some people are just more anal about cleanliness than others, they are called neat freaks. It's not a mental disorder, it's just a personality trait.

True obsessive-compulsive disorder is a horrible and extremely debilitating mental illness. Just as the name suggests, it's about obsessive thoughts and going through rituals; or compulsions, related to the obsession. These obsessions are usually completely devoid of logic or reason, the sufferer is not insane, they know their compulsions are irrational, but they have to do them in order to satisfy their obsession. An OCD sufferer's obsessions can be literally anything, it isn't necessarily related to cleanliness or order.

For example, an OCD sufferer may be a woman who is convinced; in the absence of any evidence, that she's being watched in her home. She's so obsessed and distraught that she's unable to live her daily life. Every hour she has to walk around her home making sure all the blinds are closed so that nobody can see in the windows. She has to check all her closets and behind all her furniture to make sure nobody is hiding anywhere. She has to thoroughly check every nook and cranny for hidden cameras. At night, she has to get up every half hour, turn on her lights, check under her bed and in her closet to make sure there's nobody in her room watching her sleep. If she doesn't do these things then she will be utterly unable to let herself relax, possibly having panic attacks. She KNOWS that her fears are irrational, but that knowledge doesn't make them go away, she can't help it.

THAT is obsessive-compulsive disorder. Getting uncomfortable when you walk into a filthy room is not OCD, it's called being a normal human being. It is extremely insulting to real OCD sufferers to say you have OCD just because you like to keep your video game collection alphabetized or something.

It's like that time I kept opening and closing a door over and over and over again to make absolutely sure my cat was where I thought she was. And then, I started to worry that she was just a hallucination, so I walked in there and petted and felt her, walked out, shut the door, opened the door, walked back in, petted her, walked out, shut the door, opened the door, shut the door, opened the door, shut the door, held the doorknob, and tried to force myself to stop that ridiculousness.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up