3 (21.4%)
sea pony
0 (0%)
draqonaqist
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Go Down

ShadowHoof

A changeling race would be interesting.  Not sure how it would work, balance-wise though.  Also, would they be considered enemies if discovered by otherwise neutral factions?  It could make for an interesting game, but the problem is so many people would choose the race that it would be hard to really keep it under wraps.  Would they go with the new golden changelings (TBH, I'm behind by about a whole season at this point, so I haven't seen the ending of S6).

Still, it would be interesting if it was somehow possible to obtain the race to use.  Make it very difficult so not very many people would be able to use it.  The emotion feeding mechanic could be handled by having the player required to spend a certain amount of time in a population center interacting with others in order to charge their character up, lest they suffer a penalty.  Being discovered would require the player to flee the town and hide so they could apply a new disguise.

Not sure how one could handle the floating player names though.  A mask being applied to the name would be a questionable thing to allow.  I mean sure, mods would be able to connect a mask name to the actual player, but still.

It's an interesting idea to consider regardless.

As to the other choices:

Griffon - They could be based directly off of peagsi, with a few modifiers.  Like, maybe with different balances to their top speed, agility, etc.

Seapony - Just wouldn't work, unless a lot of effort went into making them viable.  Like introducing a lot of sea/lake locations, and giving seaponies the ability to travel over land (perhaps limiting the speed to a brisk walking pace).  Nevertheless, it would be a massive undertaking to make sea environments interesting enough to make the race an interesting choice.

Draconequus - Same issue with Changelings, in that so many people would choose it, and balance issues to boot.  They'd have to make it a variant of unicorns in terms of powers, and not much more powerful (with some negative traits to counter any buffs, like a potential for spells to go 'chaotic' and misfire with random effects).  I'd just say "Nopenope" to this as a playable race TBH.

McClaw

Quote from: ShadowHoof on 2017 Sep 10, 10:38:40Griffon - They could be based directly off of peagsi, with a few modifiers.  Like, maybe with different balances to their top speed, agility, etc.
Some stray thoughts on how to make gryphon PCs different from pegasi PCs: Gryphons don't get talent marks (or bonuses from same). They have "natural" combat and flying talents.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Night Striker

Changelings would be an interesting race to do, and while I accept that having anything more than the three pony races will never happen, I was thinking that changelings could be a jack-of all trade kind of class. They could do flying, magic and all that stuff but they use up more energy trying to use a skill, more energy than if you had just used one of the ponies, and are weaker than normal. If anything this could just be a nerfed version of the alicorn that everyone wants XD

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

OldenEmpire

2017 Sep 11, 13:16:28 #4 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 11, 13:22:54 by OldenEmpire Reason: Balancing ideas
Griffions, obviously. They were the first race not a part of the main pony races in the show and I see little reason to change that here. Not only are they pretty cool (in my own opinion of course), they are cool without being fundamentally edgy like a changeling.

I think McClaw has a smart idea there. Although it raises concerns that it would force all griffion players into being pigeonholed into one kind of way to do things. Probably make it into a choice between flying and combat, and leave it at that. They can have most of the skills the same, but slightly different modifiers might make a worthwhile difference, possibly even a skill or two. I also think a lower flight and ground speed for more HP and higher attack would make sense as well, or, failing that, a higher regain rate with less abilities to show more of a physical nature as opposed to magical one. If they do have a higher regain rate, it might be a smart idea to lower their sprint speed, if nothing else but ensure they don't simply become the best race for traveling long distances which so far most of the game consists of.
What is the strongest weapon of ponykind? The Elements of Harmony? No! The Princesses? No! The cannon? The spear? The horn? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all!

Cothball

Quote from: ShadowHoof on 2017 Sep 10, 10:38:40A changeling race would be interesting.  Not sure how it would work, balance-wise though.  Also, would they be considered enemies if discovered by otherwise neutral factions?  It could make for an interesting game, but the problem is so many people would choose the race that it would be hard to really keep it under wraps.  Would they go with the new golden changelings (TBH, I'm behind by about a whole season at this point, so I haven't seen the ending of S6).

Still, it would be interesting if it was somehow possible to obtain the race to use.  Make it very difficult so not very many people would be able to use it.  The emotion feeding mechanic could be handled by having the player required to spend a certain amount of time in a population center interacting with others in order to charge their character up, lest they suffer a penalty.  Being discovered would require the player to flee the town and hide so they could apply a new disguise.

Not sure how one could handle the floating player names though.  A mask being applied to the name would be a questionable thing to allow.  I mean sure, mods would be able to connect a mask name to the actual player, but still.

It's an interesting idea to consider regardless.

As to the other choices:

Griffon - They could be based directly off of peagsi, with a few modifiers.  Like, maybe with different balances to their top speed, agility, etc.

Seapony - Just wouldn't work, unless a lot of effort went into making them viable.  Like introducing a lot of sea/lake locations, and giving seaponies the ability to travel over land (perhaps limiting the speed to a brisk walking pace).  Nevertheless, it would be a massive undertaking to make sea environments interesting enough to make the race an interesting choice.

Draconequus - Same issue with Changelings, in that so many people would choose it, and balance issues to boot.  They'd have to make it a variant of unicorns in terms of powers, and not much more powerful (with some negative traits to counter any buffs, like a potential for spells to go 'chaotic' and misfire with random effects).  I'd just say "Nopenope" to this as a playable race TBH.
heres a idea how about after a while of runing around you slowly drain heath since they
need to consume love

Go Up