Is this place a living being? :I

*Scarlet shots up, like fearing she sat on a face or something similar.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

DrifterCrow

"As I have mentioned before, the tavern is heavily enchanted with multiple upon multiple layers of magic and rune enchantments. You can thank my predecessors for that one. Each previous owner is responsible for at least one or more enchantments placed into this tavern. In fact, I had to place one down for tradition's sake," the tavern keeper replied.

"This place is so enchanted, that the building now has its own behavior core. Luckily enough, that's all it can ever do. So when I say that the tavern feels insulted, it feels insulted. And no, the tavern has no control over the doors. The doors themselves place themselves where they are now because it used to be a spot where no pony would settle near, but now times have changed and I need an updated map to move them all," he said.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Gamepaw

Listening to the ponies converse the chubby canine began to think of himself more normal every passing minute. Though he was feeling a little left out, being the only creature in here without someone to talk too.

ScarletInk

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 16, 15:52:28"As I have mentioned before, the tavern is heavily enchanted with multiple upon multiple layers of magic and rune enchantments. You can thank my predecessors for that one. Each previous owner is responsible for at least one or more enchantments placed into this tavern. In fact, I had to place one down for tradition's sake," the tavern keeper replied.

"This place is so enchanted, that the building now has its own behavior core. Luckily enough, that's all it can ever do. So when I say that the tavern feels insulted, it feels insulted. And no, the tavern has no control over the doors. The doors themselves place themselves where they are now because it used to be a spot where no pony would settle near, but now times have changed and I need an updated map to move them all," he said.

That's... Interesting. But how do you discern how does it feel? I mean, is it something like telepathy?

*Scarlet tries to sip some more cocoa, but sadly notices she emptied the mug: too bad, that was the best cocoa she ever had....
Probably she should say it: it was only nice and polite to compliment the chef or, well, the tavern.*

Oh, by the way, this must have been the best cocoa I ever tasted. ^-^

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper looks over at Scarlet and replies, "Yes, it is telepathic. Only between the tavern and it's keeper. And you can get free refills if ya asked."
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ScarletInk

Oh, well, I guess I'd like another cup before going: I should really go back to my library...

*But the place is so nice, with such a cozy atmosphere, amd there's her friend Onyx, who she doesn't see that often due to his constant travelling...*

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper walks into the door behind the counter. Moments later, he comes out with a fresh new cup of hot cocoa. He walks over to where Scarlet is sitting and places down the cup. "Here is your cup of hot cocoa," says Keeper.

He picks up the empty cup and walks behind the bar counter and begins cleaning it with his cleaning rag.

Onyx Quill

*Onyx finishes his coffee and eclair, then turns to the Keeper*

"I have to say, Keeper, that this is quite a great place! The coffee is excellent, and the eclairs are quite good too. Not as good as Pony Joe's, but not far behind."
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper picks up the empty plate and cup and places it with the rest of the dirty dishes. He smiles at the compliment and says, "I'm glad you enjoy."

Gamepaw

Game wondered if the free refills counted for food, though looking at his chair turned table, he noticed he didn't get a drink, not that there would really be any space for a dish of water and the pie tin.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper places down the cleaned cup and picks up the dirty plate, cleaning it. He speaks, "If you wish to leave, just walk through the door and you'll end up in the same place as you entered. The doors will stay in the same spots as they always have until I move them, which I can't unless I get a map."

The keeper looks over at the wolf. He places down the rag and the plate and walks through the door behind him. Moments later he walks out and walks over to the wolf. He places down a water dish on the floor next to the wolf. He walks back to his usual spot and resumes to clean the dishes with his rag.

ScarletInk

Indeed I really should go.

*Saying this, Scarlet puts down her now empty mug and takes out her wallet.*

How much I owe you?

DrifterCrow

"Just three bits for the drink. And maybe next time you come here, could you bring a map? I really need to move some of those doors and the map I have isn't really up-to-date," said the tavern keeper as he continuously cleans the dishes.

Gamepaw

Game looked at the pony quizzically, wondering how they always seem to know what he wants. He didn't question it much however as he head went straight to the dish and started gulping it down.

ScarletInk

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 19, 20:00:12"Just three bits for the drink. And maybe next time you come here, could you bring a map? I really need to move some of those doors and the map I have isn't really up-to-date," said the tavern keeper as he continuously cleans the dishes.

Of course. ^-^

*Scarlet pays up and then takes her books.*

So have a good day everypony! Bye, Onyx, it was nice seeing you again!

Onyx Quill

*Onyx cheerfully waves goodbye to Scarlet*

"See you soon, friend!" *Turns back to Keeper*

"By the way, how much do I owe?"
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Dark Hooves

Lynx Talon finds a door floating in mid air, he opens it and enters the tavern.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper looks at Onyx and replies, "Seven bits. Four for the eclair and three for the coffee."

The keeper turns to see the new arrival. He smiles and says, "Welcome to the Wanders Tavern. Please find yourself a seat, I'll be right with you in a moment."

Dark Hooves

His takes a seat front and center on a bar stool. "Take your time, I'm not in a rush."
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Go Up