Legends of Equestria Design-A-Hairstyle Contest! [ENDED]

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Aug 27, 17:45:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

RedsBone

I seriously hope they choose more than 25 styles. Most of the entries are amazing and don't deserve to be left out. When I say "most", I mean ... certainly more than 25 ;)

landon098

2016 Sep 08, 16:53:02 #121 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 08, 17:58:00 by landon098

Here they are! Hope it gets in! :D

ToastGoats

2016 Sep 08, 18:49:35 #122 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 08, 20:48:15 by ToastGoats
I did it.

Thank god it turned out decent.
Except for the weird bowl cut thing I was too lazy to fix.

And thank god for image planes, which I probably didn't need.

Please excuse the small out of place circles, they're just a by-product of the model.
This was also my first attempt at making hair, so it didn't turn out that well, but it's good enough.

Churro-hair Lucio pone is best pone.

Also, the parts that could be colored are the lines, the spaces between the lines, and the accessories.
And if you plan on modeling this, ignore the flashy hair shader I put in.

Lastly, I used this tutorial for the hair, just in case you want to incorporate this and you don't know how to put twisted cylinders on a curve.

According to all known laws
of aviation,
there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

SolyWack

2016 Sep 08, 22:25:03 #123 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 08, 23:52:14 by BludSpammd
I'm not sure why there isn't a template .obj, but that's okay, I made my own. Here's something I made in Zbrush. I made it a turntable, but I could do screenshots if you guys would prefer that way.

http://sta.sh/024iodss31ig

I tried to keep the hair from clipping the body, since I'm not sure how exactly your guys' production pipeline works. It's also very high poly right now. Message me or something if you want a file to look at. Cheers!  :D

P.S. It takes a second for the .gif to un-stutter itself

Skyshazer

OK Idk if this is how you reply but whatever uhm Idk if this would be a good design or did I messed up really bad but imma just go for it.

Thunder Spin

2016 Sep 09, 05:45:10 #125 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 09, 10:34:42 by BludSpammd
http://imgur.com/a/j6Bhz
The back is really bad x3

What happened to the image thing? It does not work.
posted it twice, vecause I deleted it. You can change the colours, so it will fit with stallions.

Davender Sparkle

Hey Everypony! I made the same mane and tail for both genders!

This is how mare will be

This is how stallion will be

Hope yo like it  ^-^
Here is my OC

ToastGoats

2016 Sep 09, 07:01:54 #127 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 09, 07:03:35 by ToastGoats
Quote from: SolyWack on 2016 Sep 08, 22:25:03
I'm not sure why there isn't a template .obj, but that's okay, I made my own. Here's something I made in Zbrush. I made it a turntable, but I could do screenshots if you guys would prefer that way.

http://sta.sh/024iodss31ig

I tried to keep the hair from clipping the body, since I'm not sure how exactly your guys' production pipeline works. It's also very high poly right now. Message me or something if you want a file to look at. Cheers!  :D

P.S. It takes a second for the .gif to un-stutter itself

Wow, it's like literally everything made in Zbrush looks amazing.
Did you use a torrent for Zbrush? Because I can't find a safe torrent.
According to all known laws
of aviation,
there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

cDragonFirec

Ill give this a try so here is my entry. I would have done more angles but i could not get it to look right.

PyroBurnem

2016 Sep 09, 09:24:37 #129 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 09, 10:33:20 by BludSpammd
Ayyy, I am here for the contest.

I put in my OC's mane bc why not.

Submission ->

Owl_Feather

It's not amazing, but hopefully it'll win XD

(I literally freaked when I heard this lmao)

http://sta.sh/27gssownc58?edit=1
Hopefully I do well qwq

Hellotawny

2016 Sep 09, 15:10:18 #133 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 09, 15:48:09 by Hellotawny
Hello all! Here is my final submission for the hairstyle contest! My inspriation was cotton candy and marshmallows! Feel free to tweak anything like length/take off bows (if chosen) etc as i know sometimes its hard to animate long hairstyles! I had fun drawing this! Good luck to everyone!  ;) ;) ;) 

Post Merge

Sigh...for the life of me i cannot figure out how to link a high res image. I am on ipadpro maybe thats the problem....here is the url for the high resolution image to get a more clear picture https://imgur.com/htDmvmx  DD: D: D: D:
"Be *you* tiful!"

Vapid Pixel

Stupid question, but are submissions still accepted through tomorrow (Sept 10th)?  I just found out about this little contest and would like to submit a proper entry, but I have to go to work shortly and may not be able to get something prepared before it technically becomes the 10th.  Hopefully I can put something together after work/before the deadline...

Dandaru

Here is my entry to the contest. A bit late, and has some flaws, but it's pretty decent.

Although I understand why there isn't a 3D template (Plagiarism, stealing and stuff), It would have been quite useful for us. I used ShadowSquirrel's http://kp-shadowsquirrel.deviantart.com/ models as a base, so credits for that go to him, the hair is my own work.

http://fav.me/dah68yx

Based on a picture I made a while ago

BludSpammd

Quote from: Vapid Pixel on 2016 Sep 09, 17:55:46
Stupid question, but are submissions still accepted through tomorrow (Sept 10th)?  I just found out about this little contest and would like to submit a proper entry, but I have to go to work shortly and may not be able to get something prepared before it technically becomes the 10th.  Hopefully I can put something together after work/before the deadline...

Submissions are okay until the date hits 11th.

Vapid Pixel

Quote from: BludSpammd on 2016 Sep 09, 18:32:39
Submissions are okay until the date hits 11th.

Thank you for clarifying that for me; I'm dead tired from today so you saying that I have a little extra time is music to my ears.  ^-^

modecom1

Howdy?,
I realized that stallions never had a wide choice of hairstyles so my design is mainly for stallions but of course can be treated as a unisex one if you want to.
From digital to traditional:

Then transfered back to digital XD
Final Entry:

Nothing too fancy, not to stand out too much.
I also had a mare design, however like I said in the beginning - stallions lack manes. That's why the stallion version is my final entry c:

Hope it's not too late to enter! I've been experiencing internet connection difficulties for the last three days.
CHEERS!

Vapid Pixel

Well, I managed to put something together.  Would've liked to have made this look nicer but... Here's what I got X3 :

I feel like I botched the front/back views a little bit, but the side views look pretty close to what I had in mind.  Nothing fancy, just a simple, kinda messy mane and tail style.  I kept it a solid color for simplicity's sake, but should you guys at LoE decide to make something of my submission feel free to incorporate more colors. 

Go Up