Code Lyoko: Equestrian Shadows(Sign-Up RP)

Started by Jcfraven, 2016 Apr 18, 18:33:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

Welcome to Code Lyoko: Equestrian Shadows!

If you wish to sign up, we currently have the main case established, but wouldn't mind an additional member, and we may need some side characters down the line, though I'll update the sign up thread if that opens up to be possible.

For those who have signed up already, apologies for the delay, let's get this show on the road! Any questions can be directed towards the soon-to-be-made OOC thread.

Myself and @Fake Smile will be responsible for the initial exchange with the first few posts, the others can connect with each other or whatever during that time. With that said, here's the first post:

Spoiler: show

The city of Canterlot, the shining capital of Equestria and all its inhabitants, alongside the home of two of the princesses. Of course, those who live in the city soon grow used to all the glitz and glam of the place, and become just another pawn of whatever game they find themselves locked into.

One of the prime secondary academic institutions of this shining city is the top school of the nation, Lunar Academy, named due to the nature of the redemption of Luna, after a darkness overtook her. Such darkness is symbolic of the ignorance that ponies began to have after basic education, some never achieving their marks during that time, having nowhere to turn to for many moons, and some ponies never finding their true nature, due to lack of understanding. With the school, and others like it, came a similar redemption as that of Luna, dispelling such darkness, and allowing students, young and old, Mark or Markless, to continue their education, at a price.

One student of this Academy is a lad named Raven, a very technologically-oriented academically-focused pony who, though attempting to keep many acquaintances, rarely found himself making any actual friends, though he was content nonetheless.

With today, given some free time after classes, Raven sought to explore a long-abandoned and mostly-forgotten factory, located near the outskirts of the school. Though the school wanted to demolish it, the historical nature of it has kept it safe for many moons, nobody messing with it in an effort to keep it preserved.

As Raven trots forth to the factory, he checks his coat pocket, to ensure his items were in there, a flashdrive, his phone, a bible, and his wallet. Making sure they're all there, he continues his trot, until arriving at the factory.

Noticing a thankfully open entrance, he goes inside, and looks around in awe at the architecture of the place. Despite its age, it still looked incredible, likely due to the architects that have come out of this city and Manehatten throughout time. What caught his eye the most though, was an old but unique-looking elevator. Going inside it, he finds a panel with numbers indicating floors.

Deciding to see if it works, he presses the button for the floor right below this one, and is shocked as the door closes and the elevator starts its descent. Intrigued, he thinks about why it would be operational, but isn't able to think for too long, before the door opens, and he finds a big room, with a big machine, like a supercomputer, turned off.

Taking the elevator down to the next floor, he sees a room with pods, that upon further investigation would allow for a pony to fit inside.

Going back to the elevator, and finally descending to the last floor, he finds a room with what looks like some sort of power device. Going over to it, he notices a switch, in the off position.

"Let's see what this does.." He says out loud, touching the switch, before flipping it up into the on position, causing a surge that knocks him back into the wall, and causing him momentary blindness.

When he recovers, he notices the pulsation of electricity flowing once more. Remembering the computer upstairs that was turned off prior, he takes the elevator back up, to find it active and operational.

Heading over to a chair in front of a fairly big monitor, he turns on the computer itself, and the monitor, on, to reveal what looked like a sleeping pony.

Confused, he looks at everything and admires it all.

"Wow..this seems like a very complex set-up here..I wonder what all this is capable of. There's even a virtual avatar on here..a helper maybe?" He rattles, looking around the computer, trying to figure it all out, distracted from the virtual pony for the moment.

Not my best starter post, but for something typed quickly on a mobile device, shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully this roleplay goes well!

Stryder221

[OOC: I guess I'll try to get something going while you're doing your own thing.]

Meanwhile, off in the gymnasium of all places, an Earls Green unicorn had stood, his vest folded up and left up against a wall as he prepared to perform some sort of exercise not too far away.
After several breaths, the unicorn pushed himself off the ground with his forelegs, coming to a rest in a bipedal state as he tried to keep himself balanced.

"Okay... That's step one."

He said to himself, standing uneasily with only two legs. For the moment, he seemed content to just stand there, keeping his balance.
Right up until a ringing phone could be heard, taking him by surprise and causing him to fall over flat onto his back with no small amount of flailing on the way down.

With a frown on his face, the unicorn's horn glowed a bright green as he reached into his vest's pocket, pulling out a purple phone and bringing it over to his ear while he remained on the floor.
"Grand Illusion speaking. Oh? Cy? Calling just to check up? Eh, I saw Nibbly running around a bit... But no, really, it's fine here, nothing out of the ordinary of course. No, no, nothing like that. It's just... Well, it's just boring around here. Nothing really, you know, happens. I know, I know, but that still doesn't change anything. Look, shouldn't you be getting back to your drills or something? Right... Okay, talk to you later, broccoli."

He then cringed, holding the phone further from his ears due to the sudden yelling of his name.
"I know you're smiling over there. C'mon."
Illusion said with a wide grin on his face.

"I am and I hate it!"
Came the loud response as his brother angrily hung up, leaving the unicorn to chuckle to himself.
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

FakeSmile

2016 Apr 21, 08:35:42 #2 Last Edit: 2016 Apr 21, 08:41:35 by FakeSmile
A sliver mane mare stood frozen in her tracks. A forest of thick trees were surrounding her, but she was unaware of this for her eyes were sealed shut. No thoughts buzzed through her head nor did any sign of living. It was as if she was turned off and was waiting to be brought back to life. But she has been waiting for many years, so it was for the best she was unconscious.

Put like a flick of a switch, the mare's eyes shot open. The world around her came to life as she good feel a burst of energy flood her body. The mare let out a soft gasp as she fell to the forest floor. Her eyes widen as she examined the world around her. Fear washed over her face as she recognized the landscape.

[Color=silver]???: Lyoko. . . .[/color]

The made softly whispered as she ran her hoof through the grass. She tried to piece together what was going on, but her memory seemed to be failing her. All she could remember was a place called "Lyoko" and her name; Argemisia. A part of her didn't want to believe she was in Lyoko; not that it wasn't possible but there was no way she would ever go there. The mare felt like she should be afraid but with the lack of memory she wasn't so sure what she should be afraid of. The mare turned her gaze off the landscape and onto herself. She examined the clothing on her body with a puzzle expression; she didn't remember owning an outfit like this. As she ran her hoof through her mane, a voice echoed through her head. Another soft gasp escaped her frown as she tried to find the source of it. With no sign of life nearby, her frown deepened as a new feeling of fear started to fill her mind. The mare slowly stood up as she continued her search for the source of the voice. In a tone as soft as the soil and as sweet as the honey filled trees, the made called out,
[Color=silver]Argemisia: Who is there? Show yourself!
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

Surprised by the talking, as he hasn't made any inputs, in his mind, to warrant such, he wonders if he should reply or not.

After a bit, he replies to the inquiry with a question: "My name's Raven, who are you?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SandFire

In the track and field part of a school was Shadow sitting on the bleachers looking for something to do before deciding to fly around the track and waiting for something to happen.
Part of The Kingdom of Roses

FakeSmile

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Apr 21, 08:51:56
Surprised by the talking, as he hasn't made any inputs, in his mind, to warrant such, he wonders if he should reply or not.

After a bit, he replies to the inquiry with a question: "My name's Raven, who are you?"

Argemisia was startled by the voice in her head and she jerked her head in a random direction. A mixture of confusion flooded her mind; she started to wonder if someone was really here or if she is starting to go made. The mare started to wonder around the general area and examine stones and trees to see if someone was hiding. As she looked toward the branches of a tree the mare replied,

[Color=silver]Argemisia: Raven? I don't know anyone name Raven. . . . . . . Well I can't say this is really meeting, I have no idea where you are. How odd. . . .[/color]

The mare turned her gaze off the tree and turned her attention to something else. She figured there wasn't a pony here, since she couldn't find one. Maybe some magical creatures are around. She couldn't remember much of Lyoko but she had a feeling it was a bit more magical than her original home. As she started to examine a shrub she said,

[Color=silver]Argemisia: You must be one of those talking creatures. Maybe you are a butterfly? Or a bumble bug? Who knows, I would appreciate it if you come out; rather strange for us to have a conversation if I can't see you.[/color]
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

"I'm in Equestria, if you know what that is. What do mean creatures?" He asks, confused. He ends up opening up a map, that shows an overview/layout map of what the screen says "Forest Sector", and looks at it while they talk.

FakeSmile

Argemisia tilted her head as the mystery stallion spoke. A weird, familiar feeling rose within her as the stallion spoke of the word "Equestria". She couldn't explain the feeling; which only made her feel a bit more confused. But at least she can stop looking around for the voice, since it appeared he isn't even in Lyoko. She felt a bit odd talking to someone who wasn't here, but it would be rude to ignore whoever it is. As she turned her gaze toward the sky she said,

[Color=silver]Argemisia: Equestria? . . . . . . . .
How odd, I feel like I know that place but my memory is failing me. I can't seem to remember anything! Very strange. . . . .[/color]

After looking up for a bit, the mare started to make her way through the forest. She figured she should explore the place a bit and try to find either a way out or some answers. While she slowly explore the forest around her she continued,

Argemisia: Oh, I'm not sure what creatures are here. I figure since I didn't see any ponies around and you started talking then maybe a creature gained the ability to talk. But it turns out you are not even in Lyoko. How are you talking to me then?
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

2016 Apr 22, 10:09:58 #8 Last Edit: 2016 Apr 23, 21:13:01 by Jcfraven
"I'm at what looks like a supercomputer, when I booked it back up just a moment ago, you appeared, with a voice comm, it seems. Apparently I can see you, but not the other way around," He says, before pausing to think about something.

"Wait, remembering? What do you mean?" He inquires, intrigued by what he believes to be an AI.

*If I wasn't supposed to hear the remember part tell me, I'm on Tapatalk, so I can't see any color formatting.

Stryder221

It didn't take long after the conversation with his brother for Illusion to take to wandering around, soon finding himself out on the track and field.
Or, more specifically, under the bleachers. Somepony was out there, flying around and looking a bit bored in his eyes.

The unicorn felt a not-so-innocent grin slip onto his face, as his horn began to glow.
He just needed to aim this right... And for that, he needed a few moments to find a sure hit on his target.
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Jcfraven

*Seems like @FakeSmile got a bit busy. Not really an issue, we just have to wait for her to advance the plot further than the current little thing with you two, @SandFire and @Stryder221. Feel free to do as much as you want with that for now.

FakeSmile

[Color=silver]Argemisia: How. . . . odd. . .[/color]

The mare replied as she made her way over a fallen log. Everything the stallion had said gave her some sort of familiar feeling. She felt like she knew what he was talking about but didn't really know "what" was suppose to be. While she walked along the dense woods, she started to question what was going it. She find it a bit odd for someone to magically start talking to her as soon as she regain conscious, but it wasn't like she was in best situation to act cold toward him. How the conversation was going, she figured he didn't know much about Lyoko. Although she didn't fully grasp the fact she was in a computer, she still treaded through the world with caution. While she turned her gaze up toward the branches of a tree she said,

[Color=silver]Argemisia: Well, I mean what I said! I don't remember much of how I got here or who I really am. Its a bit strange, but I'm sure I will remember what I don't remember soon. [/color]
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

"I..see. Do you mean you weren't simply a program on here?" He inquires, figuring it best to now just focus on the conversation.

Jcfraven

*Take as much time as you need, @FakeSmile, I assume you've gotten busy.

Jcfraven

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2016 May 04, 07:26:36
(Today is my last final and I'm on summer break. I still got stuff to do to prepare for the move but I should be able to be a bit more active)

*Alright, take your time.

FakeSmile

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Apr 27, 15:33:31
"I..see. Do you mean you weren't simply a program on here?" He inquires, figuring it best to now just focus on the conversation.

Argemisia's eyes widen as she was making her way toward a large tree. What Raven had said surprised her bit; why would anyone think she is a program? As she began to circle the tree she replied,
Argemisia: Me? A program? No, that would be silly! Ha Ha Ha! I'm sorry, but the thought of me being a program is a bit humorous.

The mare let out a few more chuckles; it was clear she had no idea what was actually going on. She let out a happy sigh as she unraveled her silver wings. With all her strength, she flapped her wings long enough for her to be able to reach the closest branch. With a tight grip, the mare dangled from the branched so she could catch her breath. Argemisia was a terrible flyer; not because she didn't know how but she had rather weak wings. But she couldn't see through the dense trees so she would have to check out the area from a higher point. While she prepared to fly to the next branched she said in a tired tone,

Argemisia:Anyway, I've been enjoying this short conversation but I must be going; I need to figure out how to get out of here. A place like this is no place for a mare like me. Take care Raven!

The mare waved at the air as she turned her gaze to different directions; she had no idea where Raven was but he most likely would have seen her gesture if she waved long enough. Argemisia turned her attention back to her mission and attempted to make her way to the next branch.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2016 May 05, 18:06:42
Argemisia's eyes widen as she was making her way toward a large tree. What Raven had said surprised her bit; why would anyone think she is a program? As she began to circle the tree she replied,
Argemisia: Me? A program? No, that would be silly! Ha Ha Ha! I'm sorry, but the thought of me being a program is a bit humorous.

The mare let out a few more chuckles; it was clear she had no idea what was actually going on. She let out a happy sigh as she unraveled her silver wings. With all her strength, she flapped her wings long enough for her to be able to reach the closest branch. With a tight grip, the mare dangled from the branched so she could catch her breath. Argemisia was a terrible flyer; not because she didn't know how but she had rather weak wings. But she couldn't see through the dense trees so she would have to check out the area from a higher point. While she prepared to fly to the next branched she said in a tired tone,

Argemisia:Anyway, I've been enjoying this short conversation but I must be going; I need to figure out how to get out of here. A place like this is no place for a mare like me. Take care Raven!

The mare waved at the air as she turned her gaze to different directions; she had no idea where Raven was but he most likely would have seen her gesture if she waved long enough. Argemisia turned her attention back to her mission and attempted to make her way to the next branch.

"Not quite so silly when I see you on a computer," He replies, being direct.

"Also, I'm communicating to you directly, I'd imagine through your mind, so I don't think moving around will change my ability to talk to you," He continues, not noticing the red arrows appearing on the map of the sector.

FakeSmile

Argemisia grabbed a hold of another branched while the stallion continued to talk. She dangled from the branch as she attempted to catch her breath. Between heavy breathing she stated,

Argemisia: Regradless if you think I am a program or not, I still need to leave. If you don't mind, I have to concentrate on flying. It's not as easy as some ponies makes it look.

The mare was trying to be polite to Raven, but his voice in her head made it hard for her to focus on flying. As much as she enjoyed chatting with others, escaping Lyoko was her top priority. She didn't know the danger within this world, but she wasn't about to find out. The mare took one more deep breath before she started to flap her wings. The tree was tall, but she knew it wouldn't take her too long to get to the top. Once she was up there, she was sure she would find some sort of. . . portal or maybe even a town that could lead her back home. Whatever she would see from this view, she knew she would find a better place to stay rather than a forest.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Jcfraven

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2016 May 07, 18:28:25
Argemisia grabbed a hold of another branched while the stallion continued to talk. She dangled from the branch as she attempted to catch her breath. Between heavy breathing she stated,

Argemisia: Regradless if you think I am a program or not, I still need to leave. If you don't mind, I have to concentrate on flying. It's not as easy as some ponies makes it look.

The mare was trying to be polite to Raven, but his voice in her head made it hard for her to focus on flying. As much as she enjoyed chatting with others, escaping Lyoko was her top priority. She didn't know the danger within this world, but she wasn't about to find out. The mare took one more deep breath before she started to flap her wings. The tree was tall, but she knew it wouldn't take her too long to get to the top. Once she was up there, she was sure she would find some sort of. . . portal or maybe even a town that could lead her back home. Whatever she would see from this view, she knew she would find a better place to stay rather than a forest.

"Well, leaving may require the pony you're talking to," He replies, the red arrows near the mare's position, the corresponding creatures flying closer.

FakeSmile

[Color=silver]Argemisia: That would also require the pony I am talking to to believe I am not a program. If you want to help then you can. Since you are not personally here, I am not sure how much help you can be. But you are watching me from, what it sounds like, a monitor so I guess you could. . . . monitor me![/color]

The mare ended on a cheery note as she dangled from the branches she fluttered to. She didn't really think Raven would be much help, since he didn't seem like he knew much about this place. But since it didn't seem like he was leaving, she might as well tried to make an ally. The mare failed to realize any sort of danger nearby, and started to make another attempt to fly to the last branch of the tree.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Go Up