Equestria Girls 3 details (SPOILERS, of course!)

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2015 Feb 16, 05:39:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mizuki

I saw the movie!

I liked it :3

I don't have anything spoilery or analytical to talk about, but I liked how the movie always kept you guessing!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Lync Volan

Spoiler: show
HA! Human Twilight wasn't shipped with Flash :3!
My one and only ship is still AOK

Chishio Kunrin

The movie was really cool, fun, and interesting! A lot of my theories on what would happen were wrong, which is a good thing.

And man, it went way more anime than I was expecting. o_O I mean...
Spoiler: Screenshots • show

I loved the Unleash the Magic song. It sounded amazing, and it really had a sinister feel to it, and I love the way it built up with Twilight's part.

The way Twilight screamed when the magic fully enveloped her gave me a really serious feeling, though. :I And she was crying as it overwhelmed her, just like how Sunset cried when the Element of Magic overwhelmed her.

I like how Sugarcoat was brutally honest. "Sugarcoat" is a term meaning that you make a harsh truth sound less harsh, but Sugarcoat didn't sugarcoat anything she said. lol
Sour Sweet had a rather interesting personality quirk, as well. Fake kindness, then rudeness.[/spoiler]

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 28, 11:00:51
A lot of my theories on what would happen were wrong, which is a good thing.

a VERY good thing in my case lol

Stardust Dragon

Like I mentioned somewhere else, I liked parts of this movie: it was better than the first one but not as good as the second in my eyes.  "Unleash the Magic" and the climax are definitely the high points, but the rest of it was...meh, I guess.  I'd have loved to see more signs of Crystal Prep students being almost controlled by Cinch's overbearing, like we saw with human Twilight.  It seemed like the students had an honest hatred for Canterlot High, despite the fact that none of them (barring those held back) would have that kind of deep personal conflict with them...it made the switch at the end a little rushed for my tastes.

That, and the fact that school and sports-based competitions mean pretty much nothing for me.  I never got the sense of school pride just because of my interests, so a big portion of the movie's emotional investment just didn't resonate.  Still had fun with it though.

Lync Volan

2015 Oct 01, 00:30:13 #45 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 01, 00:39:34 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Sep 30, 14:17:19

That, and the fact that school and sports-based competitions mean pretty much nothing for me.  I never got the sense of school pride just because of my interests, so a big portion of the movie's emotional investment just didn't resonate.  Still had fun with it though.

i bare a deep hatred for my schools yet the "school pride" shown in Friendship games still effects me greatly for some reason :o

Post Merge

the only things that i disliked would be that one Crystal Prep student who told Twilight not to trust in Applejacks help even though she was the only one helping her at the time so she most likely shouldn't be talking unless she herself would help Twilight besides its in there best interest given there on the same team anyways, unlike others the change of heart that the Crystal Prep students had sorta made sense to me given it went farther then the "semi friendly" competition between there two schools, well i was watching the transformation moment i honestly thought we would see Phoenix Sunset Shimmer but instead we got another new Transformation that seems almost "godly" with a clash of magical beams instead of what i had in my head at the time where Sunset Shimmer would be dodging Midnight sparkles magical beams until a certain point, still loved the ending none the less given how emotional it was

Jinxie Umbra

Whole movie was great! I especially loved the final battle with Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer. Also, AJ helping Twilight with the archery was adorable. <3

Lync Volan

Deleted Scene/Song/AMAZINGNESS must watch!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Oct 02, 12:23:32

I would've liked it better this way, to be honest. We would've had a duet with something actually dynamic going on onscreen, rather than just watching Twilight walk through the school while singing.

What we ended up with was fine, but it's a little underwhelming just watching Twilight walk through the school.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 02, 15:39:40
I would've liked it better this way, to be honest. We would've had a duet with something actually dynamic going on onscreen, rather than just watching Twilight walk through the school while singing.

What we ended up with was fine, but it's a little underwhelming just watching Twilight walk through the school.

i'm shocked they would cut anything that has Sunset Shimmer in it so yes i totally agree besides the first part of the song still sorta gets on my nerves for some reason, with Sunset Shimmer being in it as a duet i really could have just ignored that part
(to be honest now that part sorta is a good part to me now too but i mean when i first watched the movie) 

Mizuki

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Oct 02, 12:23:32

Darn the video is missing now, but I saw it earlier...

Before I saw this clip, I thought the song was the weakest in the film. But after seeing this..I actually really like it? I think Sunset Shimmer and Sci Twi being paralleled like that adds a whole other layer of depth! It's a shame that it got cut/shortened like it did...

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Lync Volan

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Oct 05, 07:08:51
Darn the video is missing now, but I saw it earlier...

Before I saw this clip, I thought the song was the weakest in the film. But after seeing this..I actually really like it? I think Sunset Shimmer and Sci Twi being paralleled like that adds a whole other layer of depth! It's a shame that it got cut/shortened like it did...

its a good thing i already downloaded the song XD

Go Up