My Little Pony outside References

Started by Howitzer, 2014 Apr 29, 17:29:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Howitzer

As you know, quite a few jokes, plots, and even characters are references to different books, movies, and even myths. Some you know, some you may not have, so why not try and find them?
I'll start.
In Somepony To Watch Over Me, Applebloom encounters a Chimera, a beast with the head of a lion, goat, and dragon.
This creature is from Greek Mythology, in which the hero Bellerophon uses the Pegasus to gain the advantage and kill the creature, earning him the title of Hero.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

HerpyDooves

I remember finding lots of Harry Potter references. Such as how Dumbledore and Princess Celestia both had phoenixes, and they both had students (if you counted Harry as Dumble's student). Lemme see if I can try to remember a few more references...

Dunno if this one really counts (because of its obviousness), but Canterlot's name is based off "Camelot". Then there's all of the corny names (Baltimore/Baltimare, Philadelphia/Fillydelphia, etc.). Umm, Changelings were based off these weird demon-creatures from a horror movie... uhhhh, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of any more.

Randam Saiko

2014 May 13, 21:34:54 #3 Last Edit: 2014 May 13, 21:39:04 by Randam Saiko
Just some obvious ones:

Cockatrice - A mythological creature whose appearance was believed to be so hideous that it turned anyone who dared look at it to stone. Yes, similar to Medusa.

Hydra - A mythological dragon from Greek mythology who has the ability to grow 2 heads for every head cut off.

Cerberus - A 3 headed hound from Greek mythology who guards the portal to the underworld.

Manticore - A mythological creature made of a lion body and human head. It also may have a scorpion tail and bat wings.

Timber Wolves

Headless Horse - The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hallows.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

AaronMk

2014 May 14, 00:07:45 #4 Last Edit: 2014 May 14, 00:09:23 by AaronMk
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2014 May 13, 21:29:03
I remember finding lots of Harry Potter references. Such as how Dumbledore and Princess Celestia both had phoenixes, and they both had students (if you counted Harry as Dumble's student). Lemme see if I can try to remember a few more references...

Dunno if this one really counts (because of its obviousness), but Canterlot's name is based off "Camelot". Then there's all of the corny names (Baltimore/Baltimare, Philadelphia/Fillydelphia, etc.). Umm, Changelings were based off these weird demon-creatures from a horror movie... uhhhh, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of any more.

Spoiler: show

Nevar forget.

And adding to things:

See computer screen.

A lot of people have compared that to Xerxes' throne.

And then we got Star Ponies.

And we got this compilation

Zhai

^ wooooo very cool! i only knwe 3 lol thank you for posting them!

im glad to know them now! and omg the star wars one! :O
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

AaronMk

Quote from: Zhai on 2014 May 14, 20:01:07
^ wooooo very cool! i only knwe 3 lol thank you for posting them!

im glad to know them now! and omg the star wars one! :O

Evidently the badges from Star Trek were featured in the episode above the stained glass windows about Discord. But I can't be bothered with finding the screenshots.

Go Up