Servers Now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Apr 09, 23:03:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Scootashy

i dont have the feb client this osw ain't gonna be much at all if its stuck like this. seems the breaks and bugs have multiplied big time this time. Guess I"ll be stuck in cantomore. Was looking forward of playing hide and seek with scootaloo again

Joylight

:D Buck yeah, I'm not going to miss it THIS TIME!  Got a new laptop recently and ready to go!

Zoruaofepic

Quote from: Joylight on 2015 Apr 10, 15:39:42
:D Buck yeah, I'm not going to miss it THIS TIME!  Got a new laptop recently and ready to go!

I'd wait a few hours before bothering to play, the servers appear to be incredibly unstable at the moment, it'll probably be fixed later.

"unSTABLE" Heh...horse puns

Quote from: Flutterflies on 2015 Apr 10, 15:36:22
By the way, does it literally crash, or does it simply stay frozen? Waiting extremely longer than usual seemed to work for me.

It freezes for about 10 seconds, then shuts down automatically.

So yes, it is literally crashing. If it was frozen I'd simply be patient and wait for an incredibly long time.

CodeWeaver

OSX version Failing to launch, possible fix...

This needs to be pinned.  This happens to someone EVERY SINGLE TIME they release a new app.  Not everyone, but enough people that it needs to be reiterated:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14289.0

numberponies56

2015 Apr 10, 15:57:31 #184 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 16:06:18 by numberponies56
I've seen pegasi in Cantermore, how did they get in?

Post Merge

Now I cant get in!  D:

I didn't steal any smileys from another thread :ajshifty: :-3 My OCs

Flutterflies

Quote from: numberponies56 on 2015 Apr 10, 15:57:31
I've seen pegasi in Cantermore, how did they get in?

Post Merge

Now I cant get in!  D:

Either by luck, or maybe they used one of the February 2015 releases.

CMC Scootaloo

@Scootashy

Quote from: Scootashy on 2015 Apr 10, 15:38:23
i dont have the feb client this osw ain't gonna be much at all if its stuck like this. seems the breaks and bugs have multiplied big time this time. Guess I"ll be stuck in cantomore. Was looking forward of playing hide and seek with scootaloo again

It all depends on it if Natfoth can solve the problem I have right now that keeps me from getting into the game since the start of the weekend.
If I can, we will definitely play Hide & Seek together, don't worry!
I have planned to switch it over to Ponyville after some rounds, but if Ponyville can't be entered we will just stay in Canterlot instead. 0:)
I just don't know if I can still hold today's event as the start of it is approaching fast and I don't know when Natfoth will be ready.
But there's still another Hide & Seek event with Scootaloo on Sunday at 12:00 PM EST, so you have another chance for one. 0:)
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Joylight

Quote from: Zoruaofepic on 2015 Apr 10, 15:50:43
I'd wait a few hours before bothering to play, the servers appear to be incredibly unstable at the moment, it'll probably be fixed later.

"unSTABLE" Heh...horse puns

It freezes for about 10 seconds, then shuts down automatically.

So yes, it is literally crashing. If it was frozen I'd simply be patient and wait for an incredibly long time.

I know. I've gathered. I'm excited because for once in a while, I am up to speed and such. I'm willing to wait because patience is a virtue. :3

LadyInWhite

If you use the feather symbol exe you seem to be able to get in even as a Pegasus. It doesn't stop working as often as with the other exe. Try that if you are still having problems.
LoE Characters:
Wind Whistler (f/pegasus/medic)
Moonlight Stardancer (f/unicorn/magic)

numberponies56

Quote from: Flutterflies on 2015 Apr 10, 16:08:10
Either by luck, or maybe they used one of the February 2015 releases.
But the February version won't work, it said so in the thread!

CMC Scootaloo

@numberponies56

Quote from: numberponies56 on 2015 Apr 10, 16:15:04
But the February version won't work, it said so in the thread!

It does work in the way that you can enter the game and play, but you won't be able to see any new additions and features that were to it in the newest version of it.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

ig1mi

Alright, I figured out the dang issue. Do Not Use "loe.exe" located in the "game" folder. Instead use "LoE.exe" located next to the "game folder". Here is screencap proof that using this .exe will allow you in the game for pegasus
Spoiler: show
It's better to live in the present than in the past.

Invultrois

2015 Apr 10, 16:29:21 #192 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 16:58:02 by Invultrois
This is for the devs, here's the error logs i get.
@Natfoth @ocbaker
These are the error logs after 64bit LoE client crash when loading to character screen.

And some performance stuff, this client ate 80-90% of my 6GB RAM.
Spoiler: Screenies for the curious. • show

UPDATE : Managed to create an Unicorn and get into Cantermore. Performance is now normal, it's not memory heavy anymore. Still memory heavy when reopening the client after a crash or closing the client. Crashes when travelling to Crystal Kingdom by train.

Zoruaofepic

Quote from: 1mirg on 2015 Apr 10, 16:27:19
Alright, I figured out the dang issue. Do Not Use "loe.exe" located in the "game" folder. Instead use "LoE.exe" located next to the "game folder". Here is screencap proof that using this .exe will allow you in the game for pegasus

I've already tried that, the launcher crashes shortly after starting up.

ig1mi

Quote from: Zoruaofepic on 2015 Apr 10, 16:31:54I've already tried that, the launcher crashes shortly after starting up
I just got in again, but this time in ponydale as a earth pony. It seems to work

Zoruaofepic

Quote from: 1mirg on 2015 Apr 10, 16:35:37
I just got in again, but this time in ponydale as a earth pony. It seems to work

Thanks for the info.
Which client are you using? Like I said, I can't use the launcher next to the "game" folder because it ends up crashing seconds after the launcher starts loading up. I tried your method with both the x64 and x86 client and I always crash.

numberponies56

Quote from: 1mirg on 2015 Apr 10, 16:35:37

Well, not for me! What version are you using? (64 bit, 32 bit, Mac or Linux) I'm using the 64 bit version.

ig1mi

Quote from: Zoruaofepic on 2015 Apr 10, 16:39:40
Thanks for the info.
Which client are you using? Like I said, I can't use the launcher next to the "game" folder because it ends up crashing seconds after the launcher starts loading up. I tried your method with both the x64 and x86 client and I always crash.
well, it worked for me at the time. I used LoE.exe but only after using loe.exe and failing to get in. So. try going back and forth between the two clients. In-other words, if you crashed with LoE.exe then use loe.exe, then so and so forth. If that doesn't work, well, guess you can rack it up on "luck"

Julien999

Ok... I'm confuse now o.O. With my PC, LoE worked with both X64 and X86, we (there are two other users in the same PC with me) tested something : I tried to log with all type of pony and it was fine (not the first time with my pegasus and earth pony). But when the 2 users tested to log with their pagasus on my PC... it said "Stopped working" D:. Logged again with my pegasus, it worked. They tried again and it still don't worked.

What's going on! >A<

Scootashy

yes i hear feb versions work but those files ain't around for download and i dont have them like alot wont have that client version.

Go Up