Servers Now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Apr 09, 23:03:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LadyInWhite

Quote from: Natfoth on 2015 Apr 10, 13:09:15
Are you launching the game with the LoE.exe outside the game folder? So the one in the root directory.

No I'm launching it from the game folder that i unzipped.

Changing locations makes the game crash but you load up in the place you were trying to go when you start it up again.
LoE Characters:
Wind Whistler (f/pegasus/medic)
Moonlight Stardancer (f/unicorn/magic)

CMC Scootaloo

@Legendoffun

Quote from: Legendoffun on 2015 Apr 10, 13:23:42
I can log on and see the server list. I can click and create my character. But I can't get to the world. Is this happening to anyone else? Because it is happening to me every time. It's not really fun to hear the music but go nowhere ovO DD: D:

This can happen when you play a pegasus or an earth pony, because Ponyville and Cloudsdale don't work. The only solution for you would be to play a unicorn.

Though, the problem shouldn't happen anymore now. Natfoth uploaded a new 32-bit client just now. Check the main page and download the updated client.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

LadyInWhite

Pegasi still don't work and now logging in as my unicorn doesn't work because I tried to go from Crystal Kingdom to Ponydale. And I downloaded the updated 32bit.
LoE Characters:
Wind Whistler (f/pegasus/medic)
Moonlight Stardancer (f/unicorn/magic)

Soobel

Quote from: Legendoffun on 2015 Apr 10, 13:23:42
I can log on and see the server list. I can click and create my character. But I can't get to the world. Is this happening to anyone else? Because it is happening to me every time. It's not really fun to hear the music but go nowhere ovO DD:

Whenever I'm just about to get in, my computer freezes, unfreezes, and then tells me to shut down the application. Of course, if I exit it, it exits LoE automatically. I wonder if it'll be a repeat of next time.

Same here.
  Cloudie Brilliant, Dusklight Blossom, Tomato Delight

Thorne Busch

yep, I tried the new updated client, and I got the same results. sorry, Natfoth.
family resemblemance?!

RainingflamingTACOS

i know this is a  game and all but are u sure we wont get any Viruses or any maleware from downloading L.O.E?

jenny81

Download still gives me the same problem. When I launch I still get a command line that comes up and then it tells me consoleapplication3 has stopped working

RainingflamingTACOS

Quote from: Blitz Freeman on 2015 Apr 09, 23:23:59
:luna: Let us commence with the pony hype!  :luna:
im hyped and all but will anyone tell me if there are viruses or bugs or any maleware because if its secure and safe and said by a creator of the site my dad will let me get it on the computer he got me  ovO ovO ovO

kiciuniapl

its NOT fair its just not fair I SEEN FEW PEGASUS PONIES!!!!!! ITS NOT FAIRRRRR  >:O >:/ ovO o_o >:( o.O
AND UNICORNS FROM CLOUDOPOLIS
Julia Sweetheart is my Name
Killing DRAGONS is my game

Pawny Heart

2015 Apr 10, 14:36:50 #169 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 14:43:44 by Pawny Heart
Quote from: RainingflamingTACOS on 2015 Apr 10, 14:30:31
im hyped and all but will anyone tell me if there are viruses or bugs or any maleware because if its secure and safe and said by a creator of the site my dad will let me get it on the computer he got me  ovO ovO ovO

If you have google chrome it might say its a suspicious file, but its not. Take a look at the official website, it says something about that.
And bugs, well everyone is having problems of some kind, because this is testing game.

ntoonz

I says there is "no update needed" for the 64-bit version, but I'm afraid that's still not true.  An update is needed - if you want the thing to work.

RainingflamingTACOS

2015 Apr 10, 15:00:31 #171 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 15:02:17 by RainingflamingTACOS
Can anyone tell me if there are any ANY!? Viruses or Maleware ON Mac OS X download because ill go---> ovO ovO if there is and my dad wont let me download it if it has male ware or any bad software i really wanna be there  ono

Post Merge

OK im gonna check my dad will get angry if i get any viruses  DD: D:

Kawaii-RiceCake

It downloaded but is anyone having the problem of the game crashing after character selection??

Ponies991087

What do i do after i download it?  :o

Griffinpeps

So far this is what I've found.

When traveling, the game will crash (stop working). The ONLY exception is Cantermore, it loads fine regardless of where you come from. HOWEVER, when you crash and the game is closed, if you reopen the game, re-log in and reload the place where the game crashed you WILL get there and start playing. In other words every time you travel the game crashes but you can keep playing if you reopen everything.

There are other horrible exceptions. The Evershade Forest and Sweet Apple Orchard will crash when trying to get in, even if you reopen everything you will get stuck crashing every time you try to load them.

Starting with a pegasus or earth pony will get you stuck loading Cloudopolis and Ponydale respectively.

One of my unicorns got stuck in Sweet Apple Orchards and somehow hours later I managed to load the area and get unstuck. This may also apply to Cloudopolis and Ponydale, leading to pegasus and earth ponies being around if lucky. I got another unicorn stuck in SAO (no, not that SAO) and haven't been able to unstuck it again, so very unreliable luck.

I was in the Mines attacking some dogs and the game room closed and kicked me out. Then I got the server list of "Cutie marks... Downloaded. Maps... Downloaded. Whatever it was... Done" instead of the real server list. It stayed for a while, even after closing and reopening. To fix it I decompressed the original download file in the same folder as last time clicking "Replace all files".

Lastly. Turns out we can actually play with February 21 build. And that build doesn't crash after loading maps or traveling. There are new things available in this build that wasn't in the last like a few fixed quests (and I think there are more NPCs this time), but last build doesn't crash. I'll try to get a pegasus in the last build get it out of cloudopolis and into cantermore and play it with the new build. It worked to get my unicorns unstuck from SAO and Evershade so I hope it works.

Kawaii-RiceCake

Quote from: Ponies991087 on 2015 Apr 10, 15:07:58
What do i do after i download it?  :o

Just right click the zip file and unzip, then you click the purple feater labelled LOE it's the application one. If that doesn't work open the game folder and click loe.

Hope this helps :3

kiciuniapl

any tips how TO PLAY AS PEGASUS PONY OR EVEN GET OUT OF THIS @$!#@$@#!$!#%@#@ CANTERMORE?! >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O
Julia Sweetheart is my Name
Killing DRAGONS is my game

Invultrois

Quote from: kiciuniapl on 2015 Apr 10, 15:30:45
any tips how TO PLAY AS PEGASUS PONY OR EVEN GET OUT OF THIS @$!#@$@#!$!#%@#@ CANTERMORE?! >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O

Be patient.

And chill out.

Zoruaofepic

I can't enter the game without crashing on any of my characters now. I used to be able to enter the game with my unicorn, but now I can't even do that because I made the mistake of entering ponydale. At least the game ran slowly and without any lag when I was actually able to play it for 10 minutes.

And yes, I tried downloading both clients, and I lowered my graphics.

Oh well.  ono

Flutterflies

Quote from: Zoruaofepic on 2015 Apr 10, 15:32:16
I can't enter the game without crashing on any of my characters now. I used to be able to enter the game with my unicorn, but now I can't even do that because I made the mistake of entering ponydale. At least the game ran slowly and without any lag when I was actually able to play it for 10 minutes.

And yes, I tried downloading both clients, and I lowered my graphics.

Oh well.  ono

By the way, does it literally crash, or does it simply stay frozen? Waiting extremely longer than usual seemed to work for me.

Go Up