Ponies: Lost In Space [OOC]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Dec 09, 21:40:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julien999

2018 Apr 12, 01:08:23 #1120 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 12, 01:10:32 by Julien999
Quote from: FakeSmile on 2018 Apr 07, 18:12:14What motives would these aliens have to attack Celestia and her crew? Just curious to see which direction you wanna take this.
They might be pirate aliens. In other words, they attack and then take away all the goods once the ship is in a unfonctional state or the ponies are wiped out. If the later, they might steal the ship. The Solar Arrow is big and has a interesting symbole that they never saw so... Anyway, I don't really know what motive they have. Just giving out what I thought.

By the way, I have not seen Scarlet for a while. She might be busy.

Onyx Quill

2018 Apr 12, 12:22:32 #1121 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 12, 12:25:17 by Onyx Quill
 If it's more than one alien species, there could be some that are more aggressive than others. The ones that attacked could be a more warlike, expansionist species who see the space ponies as a threat. That could mean there are others that take a more balanced approach. Might help the ponies or just keep their distance. Might be willing to negotiate or trade with them?

All the species in the alliance view us with unease/suspicion, but they don't agree on how to handle us.
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

FakeSmile

2018 Apr 12, 13:01:54 #1122 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 12, 13:15:51 by FakeSmile
Sorry, college is kickin my butt.

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Apr 12, 12:22:32

Pirate Aliens or warlords would work. It makes sense to attack a foreign ship.

I had an idea that one of the sistering kingdoms tip off a species about the Solar Arrow since they don't agree with Celestia's mission.

We could always keep this aspect vague. Unless the aliens make contact with the ponies then there will be no way of the crew knowing why they're being attack; just that there is a real threat after them. This would be a good option to prevent us from role playing into a corner.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

Just a question : What happened to the gym room? I know Sparkle planned a party at this room for the rescue mission, but I forgot what happened.

SparkleChord

Quote from: Julien999 on 2018 Apr 16, 10:27:41Just a question : What happened to the gym room? I know Sparkle planned a party at this room for the rescue mission, but I forgot what happened.

Sparkle decorated the ballroom for the party ^^; the gym is an entirely separate location.  I think Game was the only one to use it so far.

The ballroom was wrecked during the alien attack though.  It was fixed up later by Keldeo after Sparkle left on the mission to the Executor.  I think that was the last of it, so it's probably still set up for a party xD
(Formerly known as Purple)

Julien999

2018 Apr 16, 16:07:16 #1125 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 16, 16:35:26 by Julien999
Ah so it's a different location. Good to know.

Edit:
Do we even have a training room of sort for trying out all spells and abilities on this ship? I should have asked that first.

Julien999

2018 Apr 17, 19:04:34 #1126 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 17, 19:11:20 by Julien999
Or, you know, we can always bring Cowboy back with my space merchant that I have yet to introduce in the RP.
Well, as long as you want to use him again.

@Cowboy

Cowboy

Quote from: Julien999 on 2018 Apr 17, 19:04:34Or, you know, we can always bring Cowboy back with my space merchant that I have yet to introduce in the RP.
Well, as long as you want to use him again.

@Cowboy
Sorry for the lack of reply, I've hit the peak of exam mountain today.

Yeah I would love to use Cowboy again. I have too much attachment to him to let him go like that.

It is entirely possible for him to be onboard with your space merchant. The merchant can be salvaging the Executor for scrap and come across him, who would then tell the merchant of the Solar Arrow and that's just an example of how the merchant can be introduced to the RP.

Julien999

@Cowboy

?
I don't recall that I ever stated a hangar on my ship. Just stated it's not a big ship, but has enough rooms for a living. By the way, your ship you used to get to the Executor is tied on top of my ship. Should I change that? (Maybe I should have added a garage)

Cowboy

Quote from: Julien999 on 2018 Apr 25, 05:07:53@Cowboy

?
I don't recall that I ever stated a hangar on my ship. Just stated it's not a big ship, but has enough rooms for a living. By the way, your ship you used to get to the Executor is tied on top of my ship. Should I change that? (Maybe I should have added a garage)
My apologizes, bad choice of words. I meant hangar as the room where Cowboy entered the ship in. I'm also assuming that it would be the same room as the patrol unit Onyx will enter through, if such a room exists in the first place.

We can keep the ship still tied ontop of the ship, nothing wrong with that.

Maplewood

so i was planning on maple getting most of his memories but before i do that we need to discuss if anyone had specific ideas?

FakeSmile

Depends on which memories youre talking about. He's your character with his own backstory so we wouldn't really know which direction to point you unless you have specific memories you want to bring up.

@Maplewood
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

SparkleChord

Actually, since we're on the topic, I have a question:

If I remember correctly, Maple was one of the Cryosleep ponies, along with the rest of the crew, yes?  I also remember you mentioned something about a mind-numbing agent @Maplewood

on this train of thought, would all of the Cryo ponies have the same mind-numbing agent thing that will eventually wear off?  Or was it not supposed to wear off, and Maple is a special case?

Just curious about where you were going with this, since it is rather interesting.

Maplewood

so maple was a special case since he was in and out of cryosleep. the reason for this was simple his position on the ship as head engineer he had to check up on everything ever so often  its why his office is so decorated

FakeSmile

Ahh, that doesnt make too much sense to me. We could say that he wasnt part of the cyroponies and just lost his memory for whatever reason during the attack.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

SparkleChord

ye ^^;; or maybe he was put into cryosleep later as a last attempt by the original crew to save some kind of hope for the mission?

idk if that makes much sense either though ^^;;;;

Cowboy

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Apr 28, 15:20:26ye ^^;; or maybe he was put into cryosleep later as a last attempt by the original crew to save some kind of hope for the mission?

idk if that makes much sense either though ^^;;;;
Perhaps the entire ship and all occupants were in cryosleep in order to reduce detection from the aliens ((freeze everyone in order to reduce life-signs)) and one could say that the sudden flash gave everyone amnesia? idk I'm just rambling at this point.

I would agree with the others regarding Maple specifically, though.

FakeSmile

Going Cowboy's route would be fine.

If you want him to remember stuff regarding the Solar Arrow's mission then we'll have to discuss about the original crew.

If its just regarding his past life on Equestria during the war then we'll have to talk about the war.

The war route would be easier since it could just tell basically some crucial elements of why the war started and how he got involved with the solar arrow.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Maplewood

when your head cannon gets shot down so fast  D:

Cowboy

Quote from: Maplewood on 2018 Apr 28, 22:17:40when your head cannon gets shot down so fast  D:
Awww shucks, don't think about it like that :<.

We (well, I personally, but I think most of us) want to hear what you had planned so that we can not only address any concerns but support your ideas to the best they could be. The biggest hurdle to overcome atm is the whole cryogenic situation but once we find a potential solution to that (either my crazy one or one from someone else that is infinitely better), like Smile(y) said, you are free to discuss any specifics/important details in the OOC so we can all develop on them.

Go Up