Meepster Hooves

Whens the next time the servers open :P
Im Derpys lil brother

Draco1182

NOO!  O:  DD:

I missed the open server weekend! ono
Be brave and hit me!

Mysteli

Quote from: Meepster Hooves on 2014 May 03, 14:26:35Whens the next time the servers open :P
Unplanned. Whenever a good time comes around for them to do it again, they will do it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Moonstar100 on 2014 May 04, 10:12:08
Hey! Why did you do this? THATS NO FAIR FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT EVEN PLAY LEGENDS OF EQUESTRIA WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!? I HAVENT EVEN PLAYED THE GAME AND ITS A MONTH NOW YOU HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS NOW GO THINK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND PUT THE GAME UP SO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NEW CAN PLAY HOW DARE YOU DO THIS!!!! WTF JS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! >:O

I'm not sure if you're aware, but we have barely even made Legends of Equestria so far. It's nowhere close to being finished. As such, we are not ready to have the servers open full time. We opened them for only a weekend, to have fans help us test the servers and test for bugs. We made it clear that it was only going to be for that weekend.

My best advice is to stick around and keep an eye out for news of another open server weekend. We're not sure when we will do another one, but odds are, we likely will.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

DJmix

I all ways forget that open servers are on Fridays, bummer  DD:

Nova Beats

So, I don't know if anyone remembers, but when the servers were open last time to the public for that weekend, I wasn't able to play the game and I was the only one with the kind of problem, the only admin who was on at that time couldn't figure it out either. But I think I discovered why.

A bit after I downloaded the game, my computer started acting a bit funny. I thought it was just being fickle, but then it started getting worse. I did a scan and my computer said it was fine, when clearly it wasn't, and this annoying update Java thing kept popping up to get me to download a bunch of things. I didn't realize it was fake until it was too late. I ended up spending a week and a half trying to get rid of the viruses on my laptop without doing a factory reset, but then I got stuck on two that said they were open in another program. I tried downloading another spyware scanner, but that screwed up my computer even worse, making it so I couldn't do anything as soon as I logged in. It stayed like that for a few days before I finally figured out a way to bypass it, and delete it from my computer. Then I fiddled around a bit more and finally got rid of one of the virus files, but the other was still being stubborn. So I tried searching my computer for the thing it said it was open in, and the only result that came up was the file I downloaded for playing this game. As soon as I got rid of that file, I was able to delete the virus, so I am fairly certain that is where it came from.

I just wanted to bring that to your attention, because I don't want other people going through that same headache, though I'm sure you don't know how that could have happened either.

White Pony

Question I have for you is-- did you download the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version?

Pipkin

Quote from: Nova Beats on 2014 May 05, 06:44:12
So, I don't know if anyone remembers, but when the servers were open last time to the public for that weekend, I wasn't able to play the game and I was the only one with the kind of problem, the only admin who was on at that time couldn't figure it out either. But I think I discovered why.

A bit after I downloaded the game, my computer started acting a bit funny. I thought it was just being fickle, but then it started getting worse. I did a scan and my computer said it was fine, when clearly it wasn't, and this annoying update Java thing kept popping up to get me to download a bunch of things. I didn't realize it was fake until it was too late. I ended up spending a week and a half trying to get rid of the viruses on my laptop without doing a factory reset, but then I got stuck on two that said they were open in another program. I tried downloading another spyware scanner, but that screwed up my computer even worse, making it so I couldn't do anything as soon as I logged in. It stayed like that for a few days before I finally figured out a way to bypass it, and delete it from my computer. Then I fiddled around a bit more and finally got rid of one of the virus files, but the other was still being stubborn. So I tried searching my computer for the thing it said it was open in, and the only result that came up was the file I downloaded for playing this game. As soon as I got rid of that file, I was able to delete the virus, so I am fairly certain that is where it came from.

I just wanted to bring that to your attention, because I don't want other people going through that same headache, though I'm sure you don't know how that could have happened either.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure where that virus would have come from assuming you downloaded the game through the links the team had up at the time, since those files would have been clean, but hopefully that was what it was and you'll be able to play next time the servers open.
(BTW-I'm not sure, but were you referring to me as the one you were talking to, cause i'm definitely not an admin if I was X3)

Quote from: White Pony on 2014 May 05, 08:58:05
Question I have for you is-- did you download the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version?

I remember asking that question, that wasn't the problem they were facing at the time.

Moonstar100

Hi I'm really sorry for using caps and saying curses I'm super sorry I hope you forgive me if it's closed well it's closed I can wait till it is open :) So hope it opens also once again I'm sorry for being mean  ^-^  0:)

DJYamada

It sucks that I missed this, hope there's another soon! :D

svenrubio

Ahh cmon! I just joined thinking that the server is on! Joined and it's outdated? Cmon! I'm sad  :c

Skylitt

:s I'm sad too! I downloaded the game and can't play it. Please open the servers again soon!  o.O You really should have made an off-line mode so that we could at least try the game out for a bit.  :/

Tekner

Quote from: Skylitt on 2014 May 11, 01:22:05
You really should have made an off-line mode so that we could at least try the game out for a bit.  :/
We are an MMORPG. The MMO in MMORPG stands for "Massively Multiplayer Online." That being said, our game is not designed to work "offline" and cannot work without a server to connect to. It'd be a huge undertaking to make the game able to function without a server, all just to make the wait time easier to cope with. Thing is, the time it'd take to do that would just make you wait way longer anyway. Sorry, but it's just not going to happen >.<

Daron

Will i ever stay here if the Server is Online...we will never know

But i think my time will come soon ( maybe in 3 or 5 jears )
Darkness rises...and at the end it will find you all

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2014 May 17, 06:37:37
You really should have made an off-line mode so that we could at least try the game out for a bit.  :/

And be alone in the whole Equestria? every enemy could kill you and you wouldnt socialize with other ponies.

I could be wrong, but I think that the enemies are controlled by the server, not the game. That's one of the reasons making an offline version would be so much work. There are parts of the game that are controlled by our servers.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pokemonlover02

Geez, I remember when I heard this was open, downloaded it but of course, the download didn't work at all  DD:

Mayapple

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 17, 14:25:02
Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2014 May 17, 06:37:37

And be alone in the whole Equestria? every enemy could kill you and you wouldnt socialize with other ponies.

I could be wrong, but I think that the enemies are controlled by the server, not the game. That's one of the reasons making an offline version would be so much work. There are parts of the game that are controlled by our servers.

The NPCs, Stamina Bar, Health, etc. are controlled by the server. (I do minor coding, and I haven't deleted the Babscon folder yet)

Quote from: Pokemonlover02 on 2014 May 17, 21:22:13
Geez, I remember when I heard this was open, downloaded it but of course, the download didn't work at all  DD:

Maybe your computer's lacking the required things?  I know that I can't run my web browser when playing..

Gouranga

One month has passed since the servers were open..
I can't wait until they re-open again!..  :( :'( >.< >A<

Pipkin

Quote from: Gouranga on 2014 May 18, 06:31:53
One month has passed since the servers were open..
I can't wait until they re-open again!..  :( :'( >.< >A<

The 1st three tests I was a part of were in Sep.2012, July 2013, and Jan. 2014(I didnt get to do much in April's)

One month is nothing lol

Milano Mash

I didn't get to Play... :c  D: ono :'( :(

Go Up