Has anybody here played mother 3?

Started by Shaded Blue, 2012 May 29, 22:26:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shaded Blue

That game, oh how i loved it. Deep storyline and everything. I cried at the end. First time in roughly four years. Has anybody else tried it? What was your opinion?

sonyablademaster

I been wanting to play all 3 mother games

lurk852

I haven't, but I want to.

Pity I've already been spoiled on all the big plot twists by SSBB.  :c
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Shaded Blue

The Lucas trophy? I always took great care after reading Ness's trophy to avoid spoilers. Talk about ruining the whole story. At least not all of it is given up, like that guy in that place is really that guy.

sonyablademaster

I try to find the roms of the games

CyanideInsanity

I still need to finish 1 and 3, and actually start 2. I've seen an LP of mother 3 and loved it. They did a great job making a game with an story that makes you actually FEEL something. I wish NOA could've give us a release of M3, but they didn't  :l and I don't think we'll ever see it here, unless of course they do something like Mother 1+2+3, or remake it/them.

Gotta say thought, the beginning was a major shocker. Made it about halfway through, and stopped playing for reason I can't remember.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Lary

I've played all three. Absolutely beautiful series.

(P.S. Every NPC in Mother 3 is unique. Must have been painstaking.)
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Thunder Heart

I started watching playthroughs of 1 and 3.
Not sure why I stopped, I suppose I got distracted, but they all seem like awesome little games.
I've been meaning to get into a good RPG once I finish P3, I'll have to see if I can emulate these. o:

Lary

Quote from: Thunder Heart on 2012 May 30, 07:54:10
I started watching playthroughs of 1 and 3.
Not sure why I stopped, I suppose I got distracted, but they all seem like awesome little games.
I've been meaning to get into a good RPG once I finish P3, I'll have to see if I can emulate these. o:

Mother 1 and Mother 3 are japan-only, but have english patches available online.

Celestia help you if you aren't careful when emulating Earthbound...

sonyablademaster

I need to make some time to get the games

Sea Foam

Mother 3 is my favorite game, the amount of detail in every aspect of that game is astounding. The entire Mother series is brilliant, and it kills me when I hear someone hasn't heard of them because, honestly, I think Mother 3 is the most well made game out there. It's one of those very rare instances where I feel that a video game can truly be called art with it's story, emotion, characters, and music. (dear lord, the music)

It's a shame Mother 3 will never see a release outside of Japan, there's just to many copyright issues.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Thunder Heart

Quote from: Lary on 2012 May 30, 16:24:52
Mother 1 and Mother 3 are japan-only, but have english patches available online.

Celestia help you if you aren't careful when emulating Earthbound...

Oh I know, the playthroughs I were watching were patched and translated.

... Lol that link. I'd heard of the game glitching up and deleting your saves, but more enemies?
That's brutal, but so clever.

Lary

Quote from: Thunder Heart on 2012 May 30, 16:53:50
Oh I know, the playthroughs I were watching were patched and translated.

... Lol that link. I'd heard of the game glitching up and deleting your saves, but more enemies?
That's brutal, but so clever.

More enemies is a double-edged sword. Yeah, it's more hassle, but it's also more EXP/Money.

And the game doesn't always wait until Giygas to delete your save. Before I found out how to get passed the anti-piracy, I didn't even get to recruit Poo.

Lord of Madness

i liked how many secret messages were in the game AND the subliminal messages, that AND everything else they put in the game BLEW MY MIND at every corner...  ovO

Explolguy

A wonderful game in an incredible series. I've played all three, and they all blew my mind with the amount of detail put in to them for their time. I would love to see a modern release, but I'm fine with these three.

Lary

Itoi, creator of the Mother series, refused to work on any more Mother games as the company that developed Mother 3 was extremely stressed out with having to do it (remember it was originally intended for the Nintendo 64, but halted halfway and then retooled for the GBA. Not to mention every little detail found in the game...). Nintendo didn't bother to argue with him.

He also said that if he could find some people that would really take care of the series, he'd give the rights to them.

Explolguy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 02, 08:08:28
Itoi, creator of the Mother series, refused to work on any more Mother games as the company that developed Mother 3 was extremely stressed out with having to do it (remember it was originally intended for the Nintendo 64, but halted halfway and then retooled for the GBA. Not to mention every little detail found in the game...). Nintendo didn't bother to argue with him.

He also said that if he could find some people that would really take care of the series, he'd give the rights to them.

Yeah, I remember that, which is why I said I was fine with the current three. It is definitely a shame that it was halted, but I have a lot of respect for Itoi and his decision. Besides, there were still three incredible games.

Sea Foam

Some of you may find this interesting. There's a team working on a Mother 4 fan-game, and from some of the screen shots, it looks quite promising.

http://mother4.andonuts.net/

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Lary

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jun 02, 11:26:38
Some of you may find this interesting. There's a team working on a Mother 4 fan-game, and from some of the screen shots, it looks quite promising.

http://mother4.andonuts.net/

Saw that years ago. Updates are slow, but one can only hope.

Lord of Madness

i want it now... because i must see... my mind blown all over my room... lol

Go Up