Like a post Button

Started by Teal Turken, 2013 Jun 16, 19:50:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

This just came up in a roleplay, I credit Dark Gods for the idea but not for this thread.

There should be a "Like post" button next to the Quote post button. :D

jimm

maybe I'll make it a part of my script that hides topics in the new replies / unread posts page

McSleuthburger

I could imagine this ending like the rep system we had before, if it was implemented
people would make comments just for the sake of trying to get likes
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Pipkin

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jun 16, 20:55:32
I could imagine this ending like the rep system we had before, if it was implemented

This is why we disabled it on my forums.  I believe the function exists by default on most forums so making a script to add it shouldn't be necessary.(But then again, and as i've pointed out enough times, I don't know SMF's backend at all)

On the other hand, perhaps a "Thank You" button may be a good idea, but imo it seems rather redundant,  if someone wants to thank someone or comment on their post they can just post a comment.

Teal Turken

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jun 16, 20:55:32

oh yeah, I forgot all about that.
I'm rather surprised that became an issue but knowing that happened before I can see why a "like post" button wouldn't be such a good idea.

HerpyDooves

2013 Jun 19, 16:12:11 #5 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 19, 16:14:19 by HerpyDooves

McSleuthburger

I mean in theory it is great but in practice it just wont work ;)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up