Quotes not working.

Started by Teal Turken, 2012 Nov 30, 14:38:57

previous topic - next topic

What browser do you use when you have the problem? (Please use the latest version!)

IE
2 (28.6%)
FF
2 (28.6%)
Chrome
2 (28.6%)
Other
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Teal Turken

When I click on "Insert Quote"  from someone's post, nothing comes up. I'm using the latest version of mozilla firefox on a windows 7.

Does anyone else have this problem?

McSleuthburger

im getting the same thing, ( i have chrome)

a quick fix is instead of hitting reply and then insert quote
dont hit reply and just hit quote on whatever post you are quoting, then it should load the reply page and have the quote like usual
i know it isint a fix but it might help for now
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

The Wandering Magus

sometimes I like to multi-quote, but apparently that doesn't work even on the reply page :\
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

I multi-quote too, so I don't double-post. The bug causes me to have to right-click quote, open in new tab, type my reply, then open another quote in new tab, and copy and paste that into the reply I'm really gonna post.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Judas

The direct quotes have a different link than the insert quotes.
Spoiler: Hoping this will help the fixing progress • show
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

So, the link for Insert Quote is a link to the action of modifying a post, whereas clicking Quote for direct quote actually has a link that tells it the action being done is that I'm quoting.

At least, that's what it looks like.

Teal Turken

McSleuthburger's solutions works....but I'd love to have a fix.
Thanks for the tip, can't wait for the fix though.

Jenzy

It happens to me too.

Well, at least clicking on a Quote from a PAGE, not the REPLY box works. Weird... :s

The Wandering Magus

oh, and you can't click the "modify message" notepaper-and-pencil icon anymore, at least not without getting a blank entry and wiping what you had...
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 01, 21:44:46
oh, and you can't click the "modify message" notepaper-and-pencil icon anymore, at least not without getting a blank entry and wiping what you had...

I can. o.O I just did, in the thread where we're talking about Minecraft video thingy.

The Wandering Magus

huh.  guess it's just me then?  When I click on the pencil-and-paper icon at the bottom-right of my posts, the text box that comes up is blank.

LaptopCommandStation

lol, I just noticed this thread, I was gonna make my own

Quote from: ChishioI multi-quote too, so I don't double-post. The bug causes me to have to right-click quote, open in new tab, type my reply, then open another quote in new tab, and copy and paste that into the reply I'm really gonna post.

You can also copy the quote, paste it in your response, highlight it and click the quote command to surround the quote in tags, like I just did with yours

Quote from: Magusoh, and you can't click the "modify message" notepaper-and-pencil icon anymore, at least not without getting a blank entry and wiping what you had...

i'm having this issue as well

Liska

Oh hey check that out, you guys are right.

Hypermark

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 30, 14:38:57
When I click on "Insert Quote"  from someone's post, nothing comes up. I'm using the latest version of mozilla firefox on a windows 7.

>.< Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. Could you give me the steps as to what you're trying to do and where things go wrong? I need to be able to replicate the problem. I also don't have much experience with forums, but I'll do what I can.
I only have a small clue as to what I'm doing.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Dec 02, 17:35:15
huh.  guess it's just me then?  When I click on the pencil-and-paper icon at the bottom-right of my posts, the text box that comes up is blank.

OHHHHH! It's because I click the "Modify" link on the TOP right of my post. I've never used the one in the bottom right.

Quote from: Hypermark on 2012 Dec 03, 00:09:17
Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 30, 14:38:57

>.< Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. Could you give me the steps as to what you're trying to do and where things go wrong? I need to be able to replicate the problem. I also don't have much experience with forums, but I'll do what I can.

The quote button that's not working is the "Insert Quote" one that you get while typing a post. But clicking "Quote" on a post while actually surfing the thread works.

Rikaria

Both Quote and Insert Quote don't work for me :l

I'm using the latest Firefox, by the way.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Asteconn

Quote from: Rikaria on 2012 Dec 03, 02:45:25
Both Quote and Insert Quote don't work for me :l

I'm using the latest Firefox, by the way.

Quote is working for myself it seems o.ô

Thoroughly odd.

SweBow

Alright, what browser do you all use that have a problem?

ONLY VOTE IF YOU GOT PROBLEMS WITH THE QUOTE FUNCTION! (Please use the latest version of your browser!)

Rikaria

Oh lovely... I can't even use them on IE... Anyway, *votes*
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

SweBow

2012 Dec 03, 04:17:28 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 03, 04:20:16 by SweBow
Asteconn fixed it :D
(Oh and Anya found the error in a log)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=472077.0 - Reason why it's broken and fix was there as well

Go Up