Splatoon

Started by Itty Bit, 2015 Jan 13, 17:43:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

2015 Jan 13, 17:43:24 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 02, 00:11:43 by Itty Bit

Why haven't I made a thread about this yet?
So as some of you may or may not know, Nintendo is developing a new IP, which is the third person shooter known as Splatoon. Aside from it's core multiplayer gameplay, and the announcement of a single player mode, nothing much is known aside from that, although hopefully we will be getting some news regarding the game come the Nintendo Direct tommorow. Either way, I know I'm super excited for this game, and I've been anticipating it since E3 last year!
But I'm curious as to you guy's thoughts for this game~ c:

Shadow Mare

Meh. I'll stick with this.

Chromastone64

Unfortunatly, I don't have a Wii U, but my friend does, and he is FREAKING OUT over this game. It'll be the first shooter he really ever played. Personally, I like the look of the game a lot, the only problem is I can see my friend nagging me to play it with him every weekend.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jan 14, 02:14:39
Unfortunatly, I don't have a Wii U, but my friend does, and he is FREAKING OUT over this game. It'll be the first shooter he really ever played. Personally, I like the look of the game a lot, the only problem is I can see my friend nagging me to play it with him every weekend.

Are you serious?

Chromastone64

Well, technically he played a Quake Arena before, but he was too young to remember most of it. He was in single digets of age when he played that, and he hasn't played a shooter since, and he's 18 now.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Shadow Mare

Quotehe's 18 now.

So he's 18 and hasn't touched a shooter since Quake? No COD, Gears, Battlefield, Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Garden Warfare, TF2, Half-life, Far Cry, Doom?

Chromastone64

Nope. He only has a Wii U. He's had a Wii and a PS2 before, but no games like that. He mainly just had things like Spyro before, and he prefers to stick with the handhelds. It's mainly his parents; they have a flipping VICE on his money.

Elphyda

I'm actually looking forward to Splatoon.  It's one of the very, very few games I want for the Wii U.

Itty Bit

Haha, so this is sort of unrelated, but I recall saying earlier that if Tingle was a playable character, I would end up getting Hyrule Warriors now. Looks like it's time to finally play it!

So anyway, as I thought we got some new info about the game today, albeit a lot of the game looks like stuff I would have guessed would be in it.

I really, really love the sea anemone shopkeeper.

Elphyda

Hyrule Warriors is another one I wanted to get.  They all just looked super interesting, and actually made me want to get the new-gen console (I'm not much of a console gamer).  I'm really, really looking forward to Splatoon, and all that it comes with.

Shadow Mare

Wonder if this game is even gonna be good?

Chromastone64

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, me and my friend thought Skull Kid was basically confirmed as a character for the Majora's Mask Pack. However, literally a day before the direct aired, I suddenly thought "Wait, what if they add in TINGLE?!"
A day and a direct later...sigh.
But I'm loving the whole hub area for Splatoon. Reminds me a LOT of Modnation Racers.

DeviousShadow

This is honestly one of the new titles coming out this year that i'm excited about. IT seems like a kinda TF2 twitchy shooter and it seems like it could have really good compatibility between the amiibos and the character customization (like special outfits/weapons etc). I've already got it pre-ordered and i'm also interested in seeing if they'll release DLC down the road for it (additional maps, etc) since they seem to be branching out a bit in that way with games like mario kart 8

GoldenTerrabyte

I definitely think it looks fun! It's certainly new, I'm excited to see how it plays out!
I'm back

Itty Bit

Gosh, so much more info has come out!
New multiplayer modes, weapons, and even amiibo functionality!
I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I'll be looking forward to May 29th ^-^

Itty Bit

Only one month until the game's release, and there will be a direct coming out for it on the 7th of next month!  I'm pretty hyped ^u^

Jenzy

We're gettin' closer!!

9 More Days until Splatoon hits store shelves, and the Nintendo eShop, on May 29th.
8 More Days until the first anniversary of Mario Kart 8 on May 30th.

Itty Bit

Ah! Finally somebody posts here so I don't feel bad about triple posting! XD
I totally would be down with Inklings in Mario Kart, but moreso, I'd think it would be cool to see them appear in Smash Bros! But aside from seeing future cameos, I'm more hyped about the game itself coming out in just 9 days! This game feels like a breath of fresh air, as it really is it's own thing, and I'm loving every bit of it so far.

Speaking of which, has anybody else gotten to try to the Global Testfire the past week ago or so? It was a lot of fun, and there is even another about to happen on the 23rd!

Jenzy

It's strange how quiet this group got. Come on, gotta get HYPED!! Splatoon is almost here!

I haven't been able to join in the Global Test Fire, and I don't think I'll be able to make it on Saturday, because of other plans.  ono

But meeting with family and friends are important. I guess I can wait.

Oh yeah, I also made my Koopaling persona an Inkling. A Koopa-ink-ling if you will...  lol
Word play is fun

The game hasn't even released yet, and I'm already making fan art. :P

Itty Bit

I suppose being a new IP, most people are feeling uncertain about it, since it's sort of all on it's own. Though that being said, I certainly hope it sells well.
I even made my own bit of fanart awhile back, though both are pretty dated, and I'm sure I could do better.
Spoiler: show

Only 8 days to go, now!

Go Up