Legends of Equestria's Summer(ish) Update Is Here!

Started by Ellowee, 2020 Sep 10, 13:43:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hey, everypony! It's that time of year again - that time when we just about squeeze out an update at the end of a 'season'!

As always, you can find the full list of what's changed in our changelog; it's not a huge list this time around, but be assured we've got some big things in the works! For now, let's take a quick look at some of the highlights.

First off, and perhaps most importantly, it's the third anniversary of Legends of Equestria's Open Access Release! We're proud of having reached this milestone, and we can't thank each and every one of you enough for taking this journey with us. In celebration, we've updated our obligatory birthday cupcake hat to reflect the achievement!

We've also had a major rework of one of our less-well-developed systems - namely, soothing an enemy. It hasn't worked all that well so far, so like good little chemists, we went back into the lab and gave it a good shaking until it came out the way we wanted! (Note: we don't recommend this as a methodology for actual chemistry)

The enemies you face should now properly display how Angry they are with you for bothering them in their busy day of walking back and forth occasionally, using the right-hand bar on the reticule when you target them - and skills with Soothing effects should properly help to calm them down! Note that you'll still gain full experience and items from soothing an enemy that's angry with you. Now there's more than one way to deal with confrontation!

Of course, since this is our summer(ish) update, the Festival of Lights in-game event should now be active! Collect those prismatic shards and get in touch with everypony's favourite clothes-horse if you haven't collected your technicolor lantern yet.

As always, you can grab the newest version of the game from our dowloads page. That's everything from us for now; we hope you enjoy the new release, and we'll see you in Equestria!

StarFrith

Cool beans! I'll have to give this soothing thing a whirl, I remember some skill or other had a soothing component. I wonder how long it lasts? For instance, to mine minerals on the Naiad Island in the Heartlands I have to knock out the trio of beasties to get some breathing room (and to clear the cloud of bubbles). Time to see if soothing is a viable option!

Fluttershyyaaay

2020 Sep 14, 16:57:17 #2 Last Edit: 2020 Sep 14, 17:08:34 by Fluttershyyaaay
Sounds awesome^^
quick question how do us rare, artisan unicorns get large amounts of heating catalysts (for iron) without having to bug the level 50 dragons (im only 25). tried to pacifiy them with the new mechanics, to no avail

Go Up