What do you fear?

Started by Captain0Ron, 2012 Jul 07, 13:31:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

I have a fear of heights and the sky. My fear of the sky kicks in if I'm in a very wide open space or up in a high place, doubling how bad my fear of heights is. It's sad really. I tried to look a the night sky through a telescope my dad bought for me and my brother but got too scared and ran inside. :'(

Lord of Madness

I suddenly realize I have a horrible fear of death... that is all :\

Johannes

I fear that the ringing in my right ear drives me crazy.
My ear has been ringing for 4-6 years.

Chautauquan

Being stuck.  At least, that's the common thread in any and all bad dreams I have.  It doesn't necessarily have to be cement or quicksand, but sometimes it will be something like Shen Yu (from Mulan) and his mongol hordes surrounding my grandpa's house.  They can't get in, and I know that, but because I'm stuck, I'm really, really annoyed.

Last night is another example.  Dreamed I was an American spy in Germany (WWII era) and escaped.  My family was (it's a dream, it doesn't have to be logical) vacationing there, but couldn't take me back.  So, I was stuck in Germany, until I could figure a way out.  And, when I did figure something out, a cat totally ruined my plans.  Bad cat!  So, I would say that the idea of being stuck, more than the actual physicality of being stuck, is what hounds me most.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Shy-Blood

I have a fear of elevators. I also have a fear of being in a place with too many people.

One day when I went to London on a holiday, my hands kept on twitching when I went into a shop that had to many people in it. I felt like screaming and running out the exit. I kept on asking my sister if we could leave the shop, but she kept on saying 'in a min'. It felt like hours.  I also have a fear of getting angry, I don't know why....
Credit goes to Frosting Blush.

Dreadnaught 308

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Chishio Kunrin

Hurting or scaring my friends. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jul 09, 16:52:07

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

I was just about to type that quote  lol

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 09, 17:56:58
Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jul 09, 16:52:07

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

I was just about to type that quote  lol

They're talking about the spell "Fear". That thing is a huge pain.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The_Unknown

Quote from: DrizzleMutt on 2012 Jul 07, 14:49:53
I fear the unknown.

Sorry man, didn't mean to scare you.

I have arachnophobia btw.

PrincessButton

Quote from: The_Unknown on 2012 Jul 09, 19:52:04
Quote from: DrizzleMutt on 2012 Jul 07, 14:49:53
I fear the unknown.

Sorry man, didn't mean to scare you.

I have arachnophobia btw.

lol win.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Captain0Ron

So many people have Arachnophobia.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Jul 09, 20:54:16

When I was small, a huge tarantula crawled into my room, so yeah, I has teh aracnophobia.

Chishio Kunrin

I was afraid of spiders when I was a kid, but then I grew out of it. But then I got bitten by a spider in my sleep twice, and I saw a big huge spider run across the patio on its knees and then die, and my dad said some other spider must've gotten it with venom. So now I'm afraid of spiders again.

Book Smarts

They aren't that scary once you learn that most of them won't attack you and can actually be beneficial to your house in small numbers

LutariFan

I fear that some evil face will appear will appear when I open a door or something and scare me to death.

...Guess why I don't play horror games....  ovO

Also, anything that buzzes. It doesn't matter if it's a wasp, fly, or even a lawn mover. My brain thinks that it MIGHT be a wasp or a bee, even if I know it's not. It started when a wasp got stuck in my hair and stung me. I'm told that wasps and bees only sting when you smack them or when they get stuck, but hey, ever since that thing with the wasp happened, I don't trust them anymore. Bleh. I hate buzzing things.  >:(

I don't fear spiders at all. 'Cause we don't have any kind of Spider that attacks you here in Sweden  ^-^
Avatar by Night Pony! Big thanks to him! :D

Chishio Kunrin

I have a paranoia issue that mostly pops up after I've watched a scary movie or creepy videos.

Though, that paranoia pops up in a silly way sometimes because of Minecraft. o.O Instead of "If I open this door... will a zombie/mutant/demon be on the other side?" it becomes "If I open this door... will a creeper be on the other side?"

Captain0Ron

I forgot to mention, I also have a fear of the dark. Not like "in my house and the lights are all out" kind of dark. I mean like "In my Arizona house where there living room has massive windows looking over the property and it's pitch black outside, and I have to go outside to do something and the flashlight happens to be almost dead" kind of dark.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Lord of Madness

I own a HUGE TARANTULA named Herbert/Hurbert

Book Smarts

The funny thing is that most tarantula aren't poisonous, their one of the least threatening arachnid out there. The only thing you have to watch for is that they can flick their hair into the air which can get into the eyes and hurt.

Go Up