Minecraft: Wii U Edition

Started by Rikaria, 2015 Dec 07, 09:59:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Dec 07, 09:59:37 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 07, 13:03:05 by Rikaria
I figured this deserved a separate thread since there's not really a dedicated Minecraft thread. Anyway, this was announced this morning (Monday, December 7, 2015). Here's a full article from a news site I visit frequently:

Quote from: Nintendo LifeSix free add-ons and Nintendo content in the works

Just before Nintendo's November Direct a PEGI rating emerged for Minecraft on Wii U. It never appeared in the Direct, however, and with the rating since disappearing from the PEGI website there was undoubtedly some confusion; thankfully that rating disappearance only pointed to a delay.

Nintendo has now confirmed that Minecraft: Wii U Edition will hit the eShop on 17th December in North America and Europe, with a price of $29.99 in the US. It'll have off-TV play, naturally, while the following add-on packs will be included for free.
  • Battle & Beasts Skin Pack

• Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack

• Natural Texture Pack

• City Texture Pack

• Fantasy Texture Pack

• Festive Mash-up Pack

There'll also be 16 packs available for purchase right away on the eShop with more promised in the future, though pricing hasn't been given at the time of writing.
  • Festive Skin Pack

• The Simpsons Skin Pack

• Doctor Who Skins Volume 1

• Doctor Who Skins Volume 2

• Star Wars Classic Skin Pack

• Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack

• Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack

• Mass Effect Mash-up Pack

• Skyrim Mash-up Pack

• Plastic Texture Pack

• Candy Texture Pack

• Cartoon Texture Pack

• Steampunk Texture Pack

• Pattern Texture Pack

• Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack

• Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack

Best of all "Nintendo and Mojang are also collaborating on new content for Nintendo fans to be released at a future date"; it'll be interesting to see what form that'll take.

Are you excited about Minecraft finally coming to Wii U, or is it too late?

Please keep in mind that the date set is for the eShop version. The physical version will be released at a later date, according to another source.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

BludSpammd

It's kinda sad to see that they're making skin packs.
Sure it's cool with skin packs, but it would be great to have the ability to customize your own skins if you want.

Go Up