Pony Customization: Color Choosing?

Started by HerpyDooves, 2013 Mar 31, 07:29:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

2013 Mar 31, 07:29:24 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 02, 13:26:28 by HerpyDooves
Pony Customization: Color Choosing?ll be able to select the exact color we would like for our ponies, or will there be a list of chosen colors we can choose from?

McSleuthburger

im pretty sure it will be that you can make your pony the exact color like it was when we had the stress test (with the color wheel and shade bar)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

HerpyDooves

Tekner

2013 Apr 01, 04:22:34 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 01, 06:01:50 by Tekner
You will be able to choose the colors the same way you were able to in the stress tests and all the recent livesteams of the game. We are, however, most likely going to limit how saturated your colors can be. That means that you can't make your pony 100% red, 100% green, or some other gaudy, eye-destroying color.

confuted

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 01, 04:22:34We are, however, most likely going to limit how saturated your colors can be.
I second this notion.

Charizard_2

Is there going to be patterns in the game as well?
Like giving zebra stripes? Just to add a little more... "customization."
With pie comes great responsibility.

My Pony Name: Charred Flame (Char for short)

Tekner

Quote from: Charizard_2 on 2013 Apr 06, 20:12:45
Is there going to be patterns in the game as well?
Like giving zebra stripes? Just to add a little more... "customization."
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think anything like that is what we should be focusing on right now. We have more important things to get done. We already have a hair style or two that aren't just a plain color either, as well.

Lord of Madness

Im going to say the best answer we can hope for at this time is, we will know when they know. :P

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 01, 04:22:34
You will be able to choose the colors the same way you were able to in the stress tests and all the recent livesteams of the game. We are, however, most likely going to limit how saturated your colors can be. That means that you can't make your pony 100% red, 100% green, or some other gaudy, eye-destroying color.
But some people's OC's are bright. (coughYellowcough)
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Apr 12, 12:17:35
Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 01, 04:22:34
But some people's OC's are bright. (coughYellowcough)

I've seen some people make their OCs as neon as possible, and it can be a bit hard on the eyes. The ponies in the show are never neon, but they're not always completely pastel either. Their colors can be kind of bold.

Anyway, what we're trying to avoid is painfully bright-bold-neon kinds of colors like this:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

My eyes are used to bright stuff. My favorite shirt is a super-neon yellow short sleeve. What can I say? I love color. Even Rainstorm's "dark" colors are full saturation.
I'm back

Tekner

I wouldn't worry about the saturation limit. Realize that as painful as some colors can be as a static picture, when they're 3D models running around your screen, it can be even worse. Also, the limit doesn't have to be too extensive for it to be enough; the difference between gaudy and bright isn't much.

I think this question has been fully answered.

HerpyDooves

It has been answered. Thanks.

I was just a little worried about having overly-bright ponies everywhere. Because I know some people do make them like that...

I think this is what I was worried about:

R: 0
B: 0
G: 255

It can look ridiculous. lol

McSleuthburger

question answered - locking up

any questions or concern pm me
McSleuth
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up