Reminder: Legends of Equestria is now recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jan 27, 02:00:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hello everyone!

Are you enjoying the open server weekend? Ever had an urge to help make the game? We are currently accepting applications for the following departments: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers/Animators, Texture Artists, Public Relations, Server Managers, Programmers, and Web Designers. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.

Here are some guidelines for applying:

CONCEPT ARTISTS
Applicants must be comfortable drawing building exteriors, interiors, environmental art, and creatures in the style of the show. In order to apply for a concept artist position, please email [email protected]. Your email should consist of a link to your online portfolio, your Skype username, your primary email address, the amount of time you're able to devote to Legends of Equestria, and your reason for wanting to join the project. Please note that your portfolio should include something other than My Little Pony fan art.

ANIMATORS and MODELERS
To apply for the 3D team, please email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. Any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done helps too. Applicants must have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you use.

TEXTURE ARTISTS
Applicants must be able to produce textures and graphics in the style of the show, have experience working with color, an adequate amount of time they are willing to devote to Legends of Equestria, and a willingness to follow directions from their team leaders. Experience in unwrapping and texturing models is favorable, but not required. In order to apply for a texture artist position, please email [email protected] and [email protected] with examples of your work, and a description of your skills/experience in digital art. Examples of environmental and architectural work are preferable. Please also list the programs you use within the email, as well as the reason you are interested in joining Legends of Equestria.

PUBLIC RELATIONS
Applicants must have excellent writing and social media skills. Knowledge of journalism, social media analytics, and public speaking optimal, but not required. In order to apply for a public relations position, please email [email protected] with a short writing sample explaining your qualifications and drive.  You can also submit an application through forum messaging.

DESIGNERS
To apply for the design team, please email [email protected] with examples of design materials, as well as how much time you are able to devote to the project. Examples should include design documents which focus on gameplay mechanics, systems, and the equations and numbers which make those systems tick. Potential design team members should be able to contribute to discussions about a wide range of complex design topics related to a MMORPG, as well as independently write or sketch complex design documents which focus on attribute balance and gameplay integration. Please note that extensive fan fiction or creative writing work does not consist of the type of materials that I am looking for.

MAP/LEVEL DESIGNERS
Map/ level designers should have drawn work (hand or digital) of macro or micro scale level designs which factor in standard gaming conventions such as pathing, points of interest, mob spawns, elevation, framing, terrain features, quest potential, etc. Previous experience in a 3D engine (Unity, Unreal) is highly sought after. Map/level designers should expect to be trained in Unity to allow the implementation and editing of their designs. Please email [email protected] with examples of your work.

SERVER MANAGERS
Server managers will be responsible for the administration and support of Linux based systems. You must provide Linux server support and will be expected to contribute to the documentation and maintenance of the Legends of Equestria game servers. Also, you must be willing to document procedures when setting up new servers. Work with the programming team. Experience with Bash scripting required. Please email [email protected] with a list of your qualifications and your Skype username.

PROGRAMMERS
Potential programmers should be proficient in C# and the use of code to design working mechanics applicable to a 3D MMO environment. Experience and integration in Unity 3D is extremely helpful. To apply please send relevant examples of creative code design and a list of software you use/know to [email protected].

WEB DESIGNERS/ DEVELOPERS
Web Designers/Developers will be responsible for the look and feel of the Legends of Equestria website and forums. Applicants should have a proficient understanding of design, usability and ease of navigation, as well as website maintenance and content management. The ability to code using HTML, CSS, and PHP is also required. Experience with JavaScript and AJAX is a plus. Please email [email protected] with your Skype username, a brief list of your knowledge in web design and development, and how much time you'd be willing to dedicate to the project.

Oddheart

I'm trying to figure out how you posted this tomorrow. You from the future?
~Odd

GlassMirror

Quote from: Oddheart on 2014 Jan 26, 20:10:49

yea how did she post that tomorrow? Anyways, i'm still waiting to become a concept artist because I been sent mines in like a year and some months ago. :I

Night Pony

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jan 26, 20:57:46

yea how did she post that tomorrow? Anyways, i'm still waiting to become a concept artist because I been sent mines in like a year and some months ago. :I

I'm sorry to brake it to you, but you are most likely been denied.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GlassMirror

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jan 27, 05:56:04

maybeeee.... :/

blackhawk

I really hope there still will be place for 3D modeler, because going to 3D modeling school to get paper and maybe to increase my skills more, I really would love to join Legends of Equestria crew :)

Jenachy

Now I would love to work within the public relations department. I will send an application once I have decided. However a good and in-depth description of what you seek for would be convenient to know, as it would definitely help me decide if I am up for the task  ^-^

I shall send the same message over the e-mail provided in the original post, as I assume this could possibly give me higher chances of a reply  :]
James

Thrills

Is it possible to apply for Mod? I mean I grew to this community! I love it so much now ;-; and if so can you tell me under what category this falls? Public relations?
WEE PINKIE PARTYPIE! YEP! THAT'S ME!
I'm wide aware of a thing and I don't like it...
Cute Princess Luna <3

Night Pony

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jan 27, 10:47:57

maybeeee.... :/

If they haven't contacted you in couple of months, you most likely been turned down. The team doesn't bother to inform those who didn't make it.

mrbluecheese

Quote from: Thrills on 2014 Jan 27, 17:37:51
Is it possible to apply for Mod? I mean I grew to this community! I love it so much now ;-; and if so can you tell me under what category this falls? Public relations?

If there is an opening, they either  (  A ) Apply internally (secret process) or ( B ) Post a announcement on the forums.

I don't know which one they do (since being here a short time) but I haven't seen any announcement on the forum.

Courtesy of Miss Faline

Night Pony

Quote from: mrbluecheese on 2014 Jan 27, 17:49:56

If there is an opening, they either (A) Apply internally (secret process) or (B) Post a announcement on the forums.

I don't know which one they do (since being here a short time) but I haven't seen any announcement on the forum.

There was mod recruiting recently.

Thrills

If there is an opening, they either  (  A ) Apply internally (secret process) or ( B ) Post a announcement on the forums.

Well I'd be a happy pony if they could send me a message with the info of maderations. I mean if I CAN be a mod or not, just inform me :D
Cute Princess Luna <3

mrbluecheese

Quote from: Thrills on 2014 Jan 27, 17:51:35

Well I'd be a happy pony if they could send me a message with the info of maderations. I mean if I CAN be a mod or not, just inform me :D

I think when they post an announcement, that they'll post a list of the requirements.
In the meantime, enjoy what the fandom has created.  :]

Courtesy of Miss Faline

Thrills

Quote from: mrbluecheese on 2014 Jan 27, 17:53:15
Quote from: Thrills on 2014 Jan 27, 17:51:35

I think when they post an announcement, that they'll post a list of the requirements.
In the meantime, enjoy what the fandom has created.  :]

I was in the game too so ik what happend xD Don't worry! I was Pinkie Partypie (maybe a name that you saw alot now) xD
Cute Princess Luna <3

mrbluecheese

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get onto the server during this round of testing.

But I did see you in a couple of screenshots that people had taken.

Courtesy of Miss Faline

Thrills

Quote from: mrbluecheese on 2014 Jan 27, 18:02:54
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get onto the server during this round of testing.

But I did see you in a couple of screenshots that people had taken.

Hehehe I kind of didn't expect that X3 I took my own but I didn't expect everypony to take pictures of me then :) So I'm flattered!
Cute Princess Luna <3

Saros

Good day, Ellowee

I sent an email with my details to some of the Legend of Equestria email domains you posted in this thread. I received a "Message undelivered" email back. Would you perhaps be able to send me an alternative email address so that I could make sure that email gets through?

Regards

Asterian Starfall

Although that is possible, there is sometimes a waiting list, such as a set number are reserved and kept on hold until another quits.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Night Pony

Quote from: Asterian on 2014 Jan 28, 09:50:42

Although that is possible, there is sometimes a waiting list, such as a set number are reserved and kept on hold until another quits.

So after a year or so waiting, if they decide to recruit you, they will message you?  o.O That's stupid.

Pipkin

I doubt it works that way.  It doesn't at my job anyways....

Go Up