The Servers are now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Aug 17, 00:22:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

_vinyl_Scratch_

i miss LOE already  >A<  i miss everyone i met

GreenTab

Fisrt OSW and it was awesome, now I understand others asking every day "when is the next OSW".

Moon princess

Its going to be a while until the next OSW unfortunately   :c , there was only one case of it happening again after on month but that was a special case because of the DDO's. I'm really going to miss every pony I met  ono *sniffles*

Thrasher Dash

This OSW was fun with timberwolf,cockatrice,and bee fighting,meeting Lightning Bliss,dance parties,dragonslaying,and dancing with Nat and Luna in the biggest party in SCC(The one that broke the record) ^-^
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

Mr Thunderlane

I had loads of fun for the 3 hours I played. Met a few people, (became friends with one ^^) and I'm really looking forward if you open the servers again

Blitz Freeman

While I was only on for about an hour max, I enjoyed LoE as I always do. There's something to be said about the amazing sense of atmosphere that this game provides, given it's limited resources. This game is something special, and as always, I want to thank the LoE team for their time in developing this game. And thank you to all the players that give LoE it's signature social feel. I'll be waiting for next time, good ponies.

~Your Loyal Supporter
Blitz Freeman  <3
I fight so that she may go on...for I am just a pony.

Meadow Dreams

Aww, too bad I only got to play for two days. :(

inksplat25

This was my first OSW and I miss LoE already! I loved playing with all you lovely *cough crazy cough* ponies.  :P ovO I especially loved all the ~Message Filtered~ jokes (some of which I made up 0:)) at the SCC dance/closing party. Can't wait until the next one!

Peace, Love, and Wubs,
-Bass Cannon <3

Spirit_of_Spacesynth

I'm just so excited about next OSW and new features of the game... I'm holding your hooves with your work...

NinjaPie

Now I don't want to seem ungrateful but I just don't see why for the time being it can't be a singleplayer. We've got the client, and I know it's unfinished but it'd be great as without connecting to a server and other players means less lag. Though I can see why devs wouldn't want players to be able to just blow through every quest. Eh, guess I'm just disapointed by how little I was on. Still it was fun while it lasted.   ^-^
Cash rules everything around us.

Charged Myth

Haven't actually played yet, can't wait until they're open again!  ^-^
From one to another, another to one, a mark of one's destiny, singled out alone, fulfilled. From all of us together, together we're friends, with our destinies as one, there is magic without end.

McClaw

Quote from: NinjaPie on 2015 Aug 22, 21:28:27
Now I don't want to seem ungrateful but I just don't see why for the time being it can't be a singleplayer. We've got the client, and I know it's unfinished but it'd be great as without connecting to a server and other players means less lag. Though I can see why devs wouldn't want players to be able to just blow through every quest. Eh, guess I'm just disapointed by how little I was on. Still it was fun while it lasted.   ^-^

From what I've read above and elsewhere, the client doesn't contain any of the maps or NPCs. Without the servers up, the client has nothing to display.

For the client to work locally, the devteam would have to design and add to it a (probably very small) local map. That might more than double the size of the client, and be useful for little more than practicing with the controls. (Not that I think that would be a bad thing.) Even the player ponies have their data stored on the server, so no "leveling up" while running local; you'd probably get your choice of generic ponies in each of the three races.

And that assumes it's possible and the devteam thinks it's worth the effort while the game is still in Alpha development. If they even consider it, I wouldn't expect to see such a feature before Beta.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Hazen

Pipkin

We hold open server weekends to test new features and developments and to allow you to play in the process.  Right now development has resumed so the servers are closed.  Watch the news section for upcoming events and announcements.

Marble Pen

:c >A< D: DD: the download didn't even work

Pipkin

Hello,

The servers are currently closed, and therefore any previous client will not connect to the servers.  Please keep an eye on this section of the forums for any development updates and future events.  Thank you.

Tiger Eye

2015 Sep 24, 05:57:58 #36 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 24, 08:32:35 by Tiger Eye
I missed it... -_-
Because the holidays.   D: DD:
And why only 2-3 days?  :c

FlutterButterflyMLP

The OSW was great fun! I was glad to hang out with friends and spend time with others, having fun  ^-^
Due to my cousins visiting and me having to visit a beach house, I missed most of the closing party. But I did manage to make the last fifteen minutes or so.
I had so much fun! :D Can't wait for the servers to be open again!
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe. I'm playing as Pastel Cloud.<br />See you in Equestria!<br /><br />

Go Up