August Open Server Downloads now Available!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Aug 12, 23:23:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2015 Aug 12, 23:23:32 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 17, 00:44:41 by LaptopBrony
Hello Everypony!

The Open Server Event is almost upon us! Servers open up at 12:01 AM EST on Friday August 14th (See the timer at the bottom of the post). We hope you're as excited as we are! To get you ready for the Open Server Event, here are the download links for the game client. Go ahead and pick the download that corresponds to your machine's operating system and you'll be set to enter Equestria first thing tomorrow! Just know that the game won't let you log in until our game servers open up. Got that? Okay!

Direct Downloads

Servers are now Closed, the download is no longer available

Please Note: Your browser might inform you that the file is malicious! Don't worry though, it's still safe!

How to unblock a download on Chrome
If you are using Google Chrome, it may try to block the download because Google Chrome is silly. To skip the filter, hit Ctrl-J to open your downloads window and click "Recover Malicious File"

(Testing) Launcher
Windows Only!

Finally we are reintroducing our launcher back to the public, now with 100% more awesome. Currently it is only available for Windows users and does not work for XP. If you are interested in trying it out give it a download, keep in mind we still have the full download links available above in case it doesn't work for you.

If you are using windows 8 or 10, Windows Smartscreen may try to prevent you from running the game. To fix this, click "more info", then "run anyways" when the prompt shows up on your screen, and you should be ready for pony! Also, If you install the launcher where admin rights are required start the launcher as administrator by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Notes

Take note that with each Open Server event, we enable new fixes and features. Therefore, we have to wipe game data on our servers with each update. Character data and items collected from previous Open Server events will NOT carry over.

Thanks again for all your support everyone! Next stop, Equestria!

<iframe width="350" height="240" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/970181"; frameborder="0"></iframe>

FlutterButterflyMLP

Awesome! I can't wait to make new friends on LoE! :3
So excited! :D
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe. I'm playing as Pastel Cloud.<br />See you in Equestria!<br /><br />

Mizuki

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Natfoth

Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

Apuppy120

Elphyda

Super excited!  I can't wait to see all of you again! ^-^

/)

/)^.^(\

FluttershyFan84

>_> What's the point of having a downloads button on the main site when it gets put on the forums instead?  :/
Ponies. Ponies everywhere!

I'm seriously tired of the 100 point anti-bot posting protections... "I'm not a bot"? Just use mouse movements instead of pictures! *sigh*

Little Star

/)

Also whoever Book Horse was last time...appuls will rule forever! :D
/)^.^(\

O. Vannen

Oh, sweet Luna, I almost missed this announcement!! Downloading NOW.

. . .

What is the "Windows Launcher?" Is it required to run LoE or is it designed to enhance something? Many thanks!!

Moon princess

I'm loaded and ready ^-^   *squee* :3 this is gunna be so much fun! I can't wait to get galloping and see everypony again   :D

Vector

2015 Aug 13, 00:46:07 #12 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 13, 00:48:47 by Vector
Quote from: O. Vannen on 2015 Aug 13, 00:13:54
Oh, sweet Luna, I almost missed this announcement!! Downloading NOW.

. . .

What is the "Windows Launcher?" Is it required to run LoE or is it designed to enhance something? Many thanks!!

The launcher will download the files, unpack them into the proper folders and update the game for you. It's significantly smaller in size than downloading the entire project and I would recommend it over just downloading the project outright.

Edit: To clarify, you'll end up with the same files as those who downloaded directly, but it'll likely be faster and less traffic heavy to use the launcher.

XxRocketDashxX

just Downloaded it this is gonna be sweet! :D :3
"Science is true power!"-Kokonoe

O. Vannen

2015 Aug 13, 01:03:42 #14 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 13, 01:08:56 by O. Vannen
Quote from: Vector on 2015 Aug 13, 00:46:07
The launcher will download the files, unpack them into the proper folders and update the game for you. It's significantly smaller in size than downloading the entire project and I would recommend it over just downloading the project outright.

Edit: To clarify, you'll end up with the same files as those who downloaded directly, but it'll likely be faster and less traffic heavy to use the launcher.

I look forward to testing it.   X3

Edit: Looks to be working smoothly so far, need to go to bed, though. Will let updates install while I sleep. Thanks again!

MidnightLunaRose

Soulful Mirror

Pipkin

One of the team leads answered your question a couple posts up :)

Quote from: Vector on 2015 Aug 13, 00:46:07

Post Merge

Quote from: FluttershyFan84 on 2015 Aug 12, 23:47:26
>_> What's the point of having a downloads button on the main site when it gets put on the forums instead?  :/

Our server admin is currently asleep and we wanted to make the download available as soon as possible.

The links will be added when he wakes up

MMTfan1

Can't wait for the OSW! I hope to meet many of you guys!  ^-^

Night_Star030

2015 Aug 13, 02:30:57 #19 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 13, 22:18:01 by Night_Star030
Downloaded it, extracted it, gave it a test run. My antivirus software always blocks it the 1st time, but got it fixed & got it to launch. Even reported it to the anti-virus insight to trust it for other users that it as a trusted file.

Now to wait for tomorrow...

Go Up