February's OSE Client now available to download!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Feb 19, 21:02:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rainboom_Dash

Okay cause its a really small difference, compressed its 556,329 vs 556,480kb :P

lazyloll

What happens if we don't download the new Client ? I tried and it took 2 hours to download. Then when it was done it said it failed and I'll have to redownload it which will take who knows how long, if it doesn't fail.

Will I still be able to play the game from the last downloaded thing ?

Rainboom_Dash

did it say it was blocked? if it did then press ctrl j and click recover file

lazyloll

When it was done downloading it just said "This server could not find the file." There's no option to recover it or anything.

Morphius

2015 Feb 20, 00:15:42 #45 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 20, 00:19:59 by Morphius
 O: Yo Guys, MEGA UPLOAD & Chrome may not have a good mix.

Quote from: ChromeLoE_x64_2015-02-20.zip may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it.

"Recover 'Malicious file'" or "Remove from the list"?

Seriously, there needs to be a safer host to upload / download clients like these... >~<'

lazyloll

I don't know what to do...Who is a programmer for loe that could help me with this.. ?;/

Rainbow Twist

use a different browser... it's stated right in the download notes that using chrome may throw said error.....

do people not read?

Rainboom_Dash

Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Feb 20, 00:15:42
O: Yo Guys, MEGA UPLOAD & Chrome may not have a good mix.

"Recover 'Malicious file'" or "Remove from the list"?

Seriously, there needs to be a safer host to upload / download clients like these... >~<'

its not that the host isnt safe... chrome sees it as a foreign link and blocks it automatically, the address ends in ".nz" and it doesnt like that

Post Merge

also i used chrome and it works perfectly fine... you just have to press ctrl j and click recover malicious file afterwards

coolcat39771

How do i get the game to work is there anything else i need to install? >A<

Rainbow Twist

download game... extract contents to a location you can find..... go to said location.... run the LOE application file...

RitaRau

Mega's freaking out at me, it's not going above 97% and when it hits it it bounces back down to 90-ish. It's been doing that for a while now and I'm not sure if something's actually wrong of if it's calculating the percentage wrong... multiple times. Mirror sites would be nice, assuming there aren't already plans to add them. Can't remember if there were mirrors last time.

Rainbow Twist

2015 Feb 20, 00:46:56 #52 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 20, 00:49:57 by Rainbow Twist
well this is interesting..... MEGA fails to opperate under firefox or IE.... either doesn't work and states the services are temporarily unavailable... or simply gets stuck retrying over and over again... or in IE's case, mega throws an invalid parameters causing IE to throw up a red flag, IE actually is the only one able to download it but isn't able to complete it fast enough due to mega's system causing a fault.

Under chrome it acts just like firefox (understandably) and repeatedly fails to download in the same manner.

IMO this service is clearly inferior and unreliable.

As it stands it's entirely impossible to receive the client due to the choice of server.

IS there NO ONE that has the clients able to upload them to a more reliable and trustworthy site, google's drive..... mediafire even..... there are countless others.

nicklaich

Why f.. megaupload?
Can somepony up torrent with win64 client?

RitaRau

Oh, fun. Then what browser can we use, if chrome doesn't work either? Safari? I don't think anyone here even uses Safari.

Rainbow Twist

I've 5 browsers installed and all of them are failing to work with mega's system.... either

A: they actually manage to connect but then transfer at sub 20kb/s (reportedly) only to drop down to sub 5kbps and then repeatedly fails after a few precentages only to start over again or outright state the service is temporarily unavailable, retrying.

B: Flat out refuses connection reporting a problem and retrying.

C: IE is the only one able to maintain full speed, but abruptly stop every time around 48-52% with a website caused a problem and needs to reload, which viewing the debugging script for the site shows the site throwing a strange thing at it for no apparent reason which is just outright questionable, either way, 48-52% and then restarting it just ends up with the same problem again.

Attempting download on another machine has resulted in identical symptoms.. be it with windows 8.1 ... 7 ... and 10.

And just now Chrome failed at 13% again and is back to 0.

Princess Oliver

Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

Rainbow Twist

Unfortunately mediafire is actively blocking that file....

Which is interesting as i still have every LoE x64 windows client still on my mediafire and have in the past provided links to others without issue.

Princess Oliver

Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

Rainbow Twist

2015 Feb 20, 01:28:25 #59 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 20, 01:30:38 by Rainbow Twist
@ocbaker Perfect... downloading fine.... 3 minutes remain.

Go Up