The Servers are now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 27, 00:10:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Breeze

Quote from: Tiger on 2015 Jan 27, 01:42:32
I had fun, just like every OSW. It never ceases to amaze me how fun this pony game is.

There is something I'd like to comment on, though...

The quests. Specifically, Midnight Breeze's missing package quest. It's really... Long.

I understand you want it to be something that you have to work for, but come on. You have to go back and forth between areas at least twenty times. It took me an hour to finish it even though I knew the locations of most of the NPCs mentioned in the quest.

Also, the quest seems very... Hatred-based. It's like we're meant to hate characters like Astral and Pyrite <xD

Apart from that frustrating quest, I had a lot of fun during this OSW. And the DDOS protection added in after this is neat, too!

I get the feeling most NPC are written to be egoistic airheads... I mean who'd want to delay a whole Gala just because one musician is missing a violin....

Morphius

2015 Jan 27, 01:53:59 #21 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 27, 02:02:45 by Morphius
Quote from: Night Breeze on 2015 Jan 27, 01:47:24
I get the feeling most NPC are written to be egoistic airheads... I mean who'd want to delay a whole Gala just because one musician is missing a violin....

It appears I'm not the only one who participated in the Midnight Breeze Quest. This was my first quest I'd ever participate in, don't you know...?!

I too hated such a long quest, because yet I wasn't able to finish it within the 3-Day period. >A<

Word of Advice: Keep your Inventory clean for Quest Items. I MISPLACED HER VIOLIN & I WASN'T ABLE TO GET IT BACK, DUE TO FULL INVENTORY!! D:

Do-Over Please?

lightspeed_flash

Ok I did have fun with the open server weekend but I did notice 2 things:

1 Someone did not want us to have fun >:/ (DDOS)
2 My computer could not process the real big areas like cloudopolis or ponydale and such very well (lagged badly) but little areas like the library and sugarcane corner did fine.
Other than that I did have fun and got to meet up with some friends and made some as well :D(sorry to those of you I could not find). The last thing I have to say is great job with the new ponydale and crystal kingdom they looked great I got lost at first in ponydale.

LeviathanTS

2015 Jan 27, 02:51:11 #23 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 27, 19:40:12 by LeviathanTS
Pure awesomeness, I don't know where to start...

Ok, first off I'd like to send a huge thank-you to all the developers

I greatly appreciate the fact that dedicated servers cost money, and that the game is completely free <3 <3 (I cant emphasise how much I mean this)

The game was awesome in every way, beautiful scenery, great sound affects, good humour, the design team and everyone involved in the development really nailed it, despite being volunteers

The moderators, who managed to filter out (the already minimal) infringements, while at the same time being nice to each and every pony, best moderators ever  0:)

Those involved in countering the DDoS attack, did amazingly and managed to save the OSW from the current and upcoming attacks, seriously, well done!
------

Those who struggled to play during the OSW may have sent complaints, and its easy to be discouraged by this, they fail to see the problems that you had to face, but, the fact that they sent complaints goes to show how much they wanted to play this awesomeness, use that as encouragement instead!
------
I would also like to thank the entire community, each and everypony was kind to each other, had a good sense of humour and was generally maintaining the great atmosphere the game provided, I hope to see you all again! I miss the game and all (with the exception of the only hater I saw) who played.

I really do miss it

and finally thanks to those who somehow managed to read this entire post (You're also awesome  <3)

LeviathanTS, Frost Burn the unicorn

br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Metal_Beat

Never got to play, the website was down for me the entire OSW, so I couldn't download the game, it came up shortly before it ended. I hope I'll have fun next time.

qaris

I had a blast!
Although I couldn't finish the Midnight Breeze quest! It's because I couldn't talk to Wanda Percent .. Is it a glitch or something?
I can't wait for another OSW  :D

LoE Name : Lumi
My deviantArt
http://visuu.deviantart.com/

Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet.

Tiger

2015 Jan 27, 04:05:17 #26 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 27, 04:06:51 by Tiger
Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Jan 27, 01:44:37
-Golden Oaks Library (gotta keep with the times that the library was incinerated by Tirek & was replaced by Twilight's Rainbow Castle)

They've stated that they won't do that because they've already gone through all the trouble of modeling Twilight's library. It would be a waste if they were to remove it and put the castle in its place. It would also be rather frustrating to keep changing the game just so that it's canon to the present as there are bound to be way more changes to come. If they were to comply to all those changes, the game would take forever to finish.

I think they said something about LoE's time line taking place at the end of Season 2 or something.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

lotusteadragon

Aw, I never got to play. The servers were wonky, and I kept getting 503 errors while trying to download the software. By the time I had everything downloaded and ready, it was already over. I hope you guys do it again soon. :(

Morphius

2015 Jan 27, 04:45:15 #28 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 02, 00:23:17 by Morphius
Quote from: qaris on 2015 Jan 27, 03:56:38
I had a blast!
Although I couldn't finish the Midnight Breeze quest! It's because I couldn't talk to Wanda Percent .. Is it a glitch or something?
I can't wait for another OSW  :D

Me neither. Did you happen to have a full inventory? If so, then you're unable to carry anymore items, even quest items & you can't re-obtain some back, so 'tis possible that you are stuck, like me!

Quote from: TigerThey've stated that they won't do that because they've already gone through all the trouble of modeling Twilight's library. It would be a waste if they were to remove it and put the castle in its place. It would also be rather frustrating to keep changing the game just so that it's canon to the present as there are bound to be way more changes to come. If they were to comply to all those changes, the game would take forever to finish.

I think they said something about LoE's time line taking place at the end of Season 2 or something.

(: I see, plus Golden Oak was quite memorable since FiM's 4 Seasons. After Season 2, you say? Sounds like another should-be canon series, alongside Past Sins. IDW after Season 2 is highly canon, so both Past Sins & Legends of Equestria should be concurrently canon. 8D

Soobel

I played a online game first time ever. And meet a other estonian too :)
What i doing there? Just walk around and discover the world. If i discovered how to beat monsters and earn money, then i like the game more.

And most important task was: spy the Ponyville arhcitecture. I got many screenshots and now i have material for long time to build the Ponyville houses for my Model railway layout. And first goal was screenshots of Library's hidden side, Library with 2 huts around her must be complete and placed on layout for Estonian Model Exhibition "Minimaailm" (Miniature World) for May 2015.

Cloudie Brilliant, Dusklight Blossom, Tomato Delight

Shadesoflove

This was so fun!  lol Pls open it again soon! I already miss it  ;)

I havn't played it before, so one small thing I couldn't get working was attacking mobs in the mines. Don't know if that was me not knowing how to or just the game lacking, but now you know  ;)

I will miss the game until next time  DD: ono

ryu420

This was fun while it lasted i miss it already >//<
ovO

My pony in game :P     (Ryuko)
1/24/2015
My last few minutes of the end world,Suicide twilight's at the end  X3, (LOE), 1/26/2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefhfq7Ayxk

Mizuki

I was mostly too busy moderating to really get a chance to "play" the game :P

But I loved exploring the new Ponydale, and the Crystal Kingdom was hardly laggy at all! and the buildings were sooo shiny!

I even got to see several ponies that I recognized from youtube :3 I should have taken more screen shots of them!

I hope to see you all again the next time! <3

Quote from: ryu420 on 2015 Jan 27, 06:06:03
This was fun while it lasted i miss it already >//<
ovO

Hey I remember you in-game! You asked if it was okay to take a picture with me :D You made me feel special, and totally made my day hehe

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Zoe586

LOE, I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing weekend! Even if the game needed some work on, it still made my day! 3 of my days! I wish you luck with the further updates you will be creating for the game!
#BestOSWEver!
:D :D :D
-Zoe :)

MissPurrple

That was really amazing :D I had a lot of fun exploring every towns and I even met a lots of pony friends wich I hanged out a lot (Flashing Light, Fourth Dimension, Shred Storm and other great dudes ^^)

I just can't wait to get another OSW :D That was so amazing

Anyway, there's some negatives points with the trade system, some quests are glitched and a lot of timed out disconnect :/ but that wasn't dramatic so far ^^

See you to the next OSW everypony ! :D

ryu420

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Jan 27, 06:34:00
Hey I remember you in-game! You asked if it was okay to take a picture with me :D You made me feel special, and totally made my day hehe
Bwhaha im glad you remember me!  X3 Although when i ask i didnt think it was you D:
And i already uploaded that picture with you in it :D

1/24/2015
My last few minutes of the end world,Suicide twilight's at the end  X3, (LOE), 1/26/2015

Mizuki

Oh I just noticed, this post links to an archived thread. o_O Ahhh what to do...

Quote from: ryu420 on 2015 Jan 27, 06:45:02
Bwhaha im glad you remember me!  X3 Although when i ask i didnt think it was you D:
And i already uploaded that picture with you in it :D

Ooh yeah I saw it just a moment ago! Thanks a bunch for sharing it! :D <3

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

ColeThePony/Toothless

It's Officially Taco Tuesday and The Servers have closed...

I wanna thank you & the LoE Team for making this Open Server Weekend AWESOME. It was great. so i can't wait until the next one.

I didn't found FritzyBeat & BN_King. But i found Fluffle Puff.

Until Next time. enjoy your Tacos on Taco Tuesday and onwards with MLP: FIM Season 5!

See you soon!

Kelvin

it was fun to play with many friends~
and held event in tha game~
LoE • hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = 'Spoiler:  I <3 LoE • show'; }" />Spoiler:  I <3 LoE • show

sadly i cant go to crystal kingdom~ >A<
i wish i can go to crystal kingdom next time~ its my most favorite place~
and held my "form a letter/shape" event and "pony racing" event~
keep up the good work~ :3

@ryu420 i saw me in yur screenshot too~
hmm 15 months

ryu420

1/24/2015

Go Up