Writing Applications Now Closed

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Oct 22, 15:15:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Roots

When I applied I included a couple of small samples from my stories that I've written. I believe it can be anything though.
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be. Do not ever limit yourself."

Serenawyr

When it says it cannot be edited by anyone else, does that mean no one else could read it and give feedback (which causes you to then make changes), or just that they couldn't go in and change something themselves?

A88mph

When we need to add our name, do you mean our username here, or our real name?
Wherever you go, You're always there.

Elphyda

goodponyplayer

Im just wondering, what do you mean by "short story"?
sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but i am unsure if it means like it is something completed already, like "she walked to the stage, spoke hi and exit. the end" or a small work from a real story, like breaking on a cliffhanger (or doing "in the next chapter of ...")
Okay, listen to me... focus on it. What do i mean by it, you ask? idunno, but just focus on it..... there, way better :P

Dream Dust

It sounds to me like they want a whole story. Short story could mean one chapter or maybe something like 10 pages. (I think  X3, I really don't know). But I'm sure if your one chapter can stand on it's own it would be fine. They want to see your writing style, so I'm sure it will be fine.

I just submitted a short story. It's not MLP related as I don't have a short story for it, yet. I'm just happy to have a chance to maybe work on this game. Even if I don't get picked, its fun to have all this anticipation!  O:

Greyscaleisme

I was reading through the required stuff again. And I saw that I am two years too young, yet another awesome opportunity that was spoiled by my age.  >:O
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Elphyda

I am sorry you feel that the opportunity was spoiled by your age.  I feel they have a good reason for having it, though.  Not many people under the age of sixteen years meet a specific maturity quota, and they might need someone to be of that specific quota for a smaller chance of picking one who is really difficult to work with, if at all able.  I may be wrong, but that is just my guess.

Greyscaleisme

I know why the rule is there, but I sometimes wish it wasn't. I just personally feel that this would be a good opportunity for me as a budding writer.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

GeneralBlazingDonutGlaze

Hopefully my two journal style fics and my in progress TCB fic will make the cut. I'd love t contribute to this game.
"It's Not The Size Of Your Pencil. It's How Big You Write Your Name." -Ronnie James Dio

CMANsurvives

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE 15 AND A HALF NUUUUUU. Oh, well. In any case, good luck to the writers. Whatever amazing antiquities of writing that they can come up with I'll be happy with, as long as it's a good story. But I'm so enraged that I'm just barely too young. God, why?

ILM126

Why?! I'm too young D:

But still, good luck to whoever enters :) I'm sure I'll enjoy the game even more now since that there will be s storyline!

Etherdrone

Hope some good things come out of this for you all!

Moonstar100

Ok it's nice that you are hiring Writers and I'm not a writer and I'm 11 years old so I can't apply. Just this has nothing to do with the application but please tell when you are going to open LOE. I really wanna play and it's been a really long time since you opened it. Please open it like maybe next week or tell me when you are going to open it thanks.  0:)  ^-^  :3  :D

Elphyda

They usually mention when they're going to open an OSW about a half month before they do, from what I can gather.  Just keep an eye on the "Game Updates" section.

goodponyplayer

2014 Oct 25, 13:38:45 #35 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 25, 19:02:07 by goodponyplayer
Quote from: Dream Dust on 2014 Oct 24, 21:19:53
It sounds to me like they want a whole story. Short story could mean one chapter or maybe something like 10 pages. (I think  X3, I really don't know). But I'm sure if your one chapter can stand on it's own it would be fine. They want to see your writing style, so I'm sure it will be fine.

I just submitted a short story. It's not MLP related as I don't have a short story for it, yet. I'm just happy to have a chance to maybe work on this game. Even if I don't get picked, its fun to have all this anticipation!  O:

Oh, i see...thanks for answering it :3 (and sorry for the delay. "different time zones"). well, now i am in doubt which one i send, a mlp related one or not... the problem is not being mlp related, but the story itself...
Hope you get picked, it would be fun to "survive" the anticipation and participate :3

Post Merge

Darn, i sent the application, yet i forgot to input my age.  But i told there which one was my username, and here (on the profile of this forum) i have wrote how old i am (year, month & date).
Do i have to re-send another with the age (and write to disregard the last one) or just by having my username there (and age on the profile) is enough already?
Okay, listen to me... focus on it. What do i mean by it, you ask? idunno, but just focus on it..... there, way better :P

Dream Dust

QuoteOh, i see...thanks for answering it :3 (and sorry for the delay. "different time zones"). well, now i am in doubt which one i send, a mlp related one or not... the problem is not being mlp related, but the story itself...
Hope you get picked, it would be fun to "survive" the anticipation and participate :3

Post Merge

Darn, i sent the application, yet i forgot to input my age.  But i told there which one was my username, and here (on the profile of this forum) i have wrote how old i am (year, month & date).
Do i have to re-send another with the age (and write to disregard the last one) or just by having my username there (and age on the profile) is enough already?

You're welcome. But now you have me asking the same question. I didn't put my birthday on my submission. I'd imagine my profile would be good enough, but just in case:

Do applicants need to include birthdays on application? o_O

goodponyplayer

Quote from: Dream Dust on 2014 Oct 25, 21:25:15

You're welcome. But now you have me asking the same question. I didn't put my birthday on my submission. I'd imagine my profile would be good enough, but just in case:

Well, since there wasn't a answer yet, i think its not nescessary. And if we had to re-send the e-mails, then it would probably fill they box, and cause some anger plus problems...
(sorry if i gave false hope on they answering it :(    )

Mizuki

QuoteOh, i see...thanks for answering it :3 (and sorry for the delay. "different time zones"). well, now i am in doubt which one i send, a mlp related one or not... the problem is not being mlp related, but the story itself...

Post Merge

I think it's fine if you don't. If you're under 16, just don't send in applications to begin with :)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

goodponyplayer

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Oct 26, 19:23:56

I think it's fine if you don't. If you're under 16, just don't send in applications to begin with :)

Well, that makes sense...Thanks :3

Go Up