Open Server Weekend August 8th-10th!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jun 13, 09:53:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Spyro_Dragon

Despite the fact that there were crashes of the game, I had pretty much fun, playing this game, because it's my first time of playing here. I anticipate the next event like this and wish to play every time I can, not only in the weekend. The idea of pony MMORPG is so AWESOME. For me it was not adequate, cause I played in McDonald's. I am now in UK improving my English, so I don't have regular Wi Fi connection, I wish my accommodation was with Wi Fi this weekends.

On the first sight I'm kind and loyal, but if you know me better......

DarkSpectre

Sometimes the community really makes the game enjoyable, which I found to be the case with this. It was definitely something to just randomly start dancing and have others join in, a far cry from other games I've played like World of Warcraft, where they pay no attention and just walk by. Keep that spirit everyone, you make everything better!  ^-^

While there were plenty of errors abound, they sometimes added to the fun when you could just derp around with them to figure out whether it could be beneficial, like sliding up cliffs as an Earthpony to escape a dragon, or just fun, like the moonwalk and go-kart butt slide.  lol

The music was enjoyable enough for me want to record and extend for everyone so we may listen to it while we wait for the next OSW with bated breath (I am still working on looping these and will post a link to them in the music section once they're done). All in all, I can see the effort that the staff has put into this game and must give them kudos. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend that kept me up till 5 in the morning for three nights in a row.

Free Hugs!

KitRifty

Well that was fun!

It's great to see this mod slowly (but surely!) becoming more stable, which is evident from the lesser occurrences of forced disconnects (which were rampant on certain servers last OSW, I might add), and also great to see more progress being made on the game.

It was interesting to have the ability to have pets, like the dogs and bunnies. I know this is supposed to be more of a social game, but I wouldn't be surprised if pets were able to do more in the future rather than just follow their owners, like play fetch or something.

I never got to figure out how to get the bunny pet, so whatever :c

Another thing was exploring the new area, the Heartlands! I'll admit it wasn't as exciting as I initially thought it would be (it being a vastness of space and monsters scattered around), but it was funny to deliberately accidentally lead the dragons into Midway Village and just spawncamp the heck out of everyone lol

Still though, it's great to see the mod progressing and adding more into the LoE world. Here's to hoping that we get to see Applewood soon! ^-^

Stay cool devs and LoE team, and thanks for not only giving us players a sneak peek on the progress, but also devoting your time and energy into this game to give us all a fun experience!

Invultrois

Well, it was fun while it lasted, i've roleplayed with Chrysalis, and Princesses, joined so many rounds of hide and seek  0:) , killed a dragon in Evershade forest  :3 , went on raid party with Yun (Hail!).  :3

Hangouts with Thorinair, Vinyl Scratch, Flufflepuff and many famous ponies.
Got in the Pegasi Tower and dance parties!  :P

I'm glad that i found this game via reddit.  :D

Good job programmers, mods and developers for making this game the best social MMORPG ever!
<3
-Serenity.

Sunnylerie

Kelvin

2014 Aug 11, 04:47:22 #1145 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 05:04:09 by Kelvin
Eeeeyup~~ im the first time to playing tha game~~
and I really <3 this game~~
there are sooo many fun things and ponies~~ :D and i met soo many friends there~~
anddd~~ i wish i can continue holding the Sugarcube Corner Party in Levade server~~
(who wanna join the party~~? :3)
anddd~~ i capture many beautiful screenshot in the game~~
(here is the link~ wish it works~: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7804.msg836161#msg836161)
Also hope the game will developed successfully~~
i cant wait for playin the full game~~ X3

hmm 15 months

Bro1997

Quote from: Kelvin on 2014 Aug 11, 04:47:22
Eeeeyup~~ im the first time to playing tha game~~
and I really <3 this game~~
there are sooo many fun things and ponies~~ :D and i met soo many friends there~~
anddd~~ i wish i can continue holding the Sugarcube Corner Party in Levade server~~
(who wanna join the party~~? :3)
anddd~~ i capture many beautiful screenshot in the game~~
(here is the link~ wish it works~: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7804.msg836161#msg836161)
Also hope the game will developed successfully~~
i cant wait for playin the full game~~ X3

Well, you'll be waiting for quite a number of years. Possibly 10 years knowing the amount of issues the game has with the servers, the chat box, the friends list, and everything else. It was fun, but also a little annoying when things went wrong. Believe me, I'm not complaining about the game, but yes I does need a whole lot more work.

maskedmallard537

>A< First OSW I missed ever  D:
I hope there's another one soon!

Joylight

-and I missed it. Gosh dang it.  D:

Oh well, better luck next time.

Sails

Quote from: Joylight on 2014 Aug 15, 15:08:54
-and I missed it. Gosh dang it.  D:

Oh well, better luck next time.

Oh good so I'm not the only one.
I missed it too. I forgot to keep checking the website until now... D:
Oh well.
This is a signature wow
such signature
very profile
wow

PrincessButton

I can assure you that there will be more to come.   ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Kemetri Sire

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 08, 12:05:27
Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2014 Aug 08, 11:43:48
This game need more work. Either failed established connection or maximum player reached. It need more servers. I wanted to go to the forest but that white teleport in canterlot quit my game. and now due to errors and maximum players capacty i wont play.

It's still in the works though. Keep in mind that this is just a OSW (Open Server Weekend). The purpose of this is to fix problems like the servers. The game does need more work, but keep in mind that it is worked on by volunteers. They only have so much time to work on the game because of other important stuff they need to do in life. Even many of the players aren't on right now because things like work. BTW, please don't go into the forest! I was in there a couple of hours before and I only found my way out from fainting (Yeah, I fainted. Poor OC, it's okay). I felt so bad for myself about that. Anyways, it took me back to the portal and I went back to Ponydale (Ponyville). Yeah, I can't play ethier right now. I put on a topic ironically about that. Lucky to those who got in!

Post Merge

Quote from: atarumenchi on 2014 Aug 08, 12:04:25
Quote from: kaylyn on 2014 Aug 08, 11:56:25
[quote pfiutek1 ] Either failed established connection or maximum player reached.
I hit that wall too unfortunately. :(

Post Merge

Quote from: Bro1997BTW even though this is off-topic, do you think FIM will be cancelled after Season 5?

I SINCERLY HOPE NOT!!!!! >:O

Umm....the show has been renewed to about 5 more seasons after 4
this is old news

Actually, I'm thinking your incorrect about that. Hasbro gave G4 (the generation based on FIM) five more years in service. I can't imagine there being 9 seasons of FIM! They can't develop so many plots and the show will degrade in quality anyways. If you ask me, Season 5 will be it. SpongeBob was suppose to be cancelled after 5 years back in 2004 but no one took Stephen Hillenburg's advice and now look at what's it become. Besides, it already surpassed My Little Pony n Friends and My Little Pony Tales in # of seasons and run time. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'd like for it to run for 5 more seasons, but that's not happening. Equestria Girls might be on until 2017, though!

Okay, dude, Hasbro said and promised us there will be five more seasons before it goes off for a few years or a while hopefully, and that mean they will give us five more seasons if they promised and ensured us all that. That may sound childish and naive, but Hasbro won't screw over anymore fans after some previous hate and taking away Button Mash, so they'll give us five more seasons and we'll watch it from there because it was and still is a big shot show that gained a [glow=red,2,300]WHOLE[/glow] lot of fans over the years and have gotten more. I just wanted all to know that and make it clear, so now let's stop talking about it and move on, it's old news. Okay done, over it, now let's move.

Go Up