Legends of Equestria Attending BUCK

Started by Ellowee, 2014 May 09, 17:21:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

piper hooves

i hope the servers will be opened by that time. cause i dont want to wait til i am 40 just to play the game

Alic3n

I'm curious how would people who've just signed up be able to access the servers? Do they need to have already download the game or something of that sort?
Ask for 
Art Thread | OC Thread

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Alic3n on 2014 Jun 22, 19:18:13
I'm curious how would people who've just signed up be able to access the servers? Do they need to have already download the game or something of that sort?

it seems like 99% of people are not really active on the forums but you get that with every game
all the old downloads are out of date and will not work with the servers, im guessing there will be a download available a day before the stress test (like the past couple stress test)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Mayapple

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2014 Jun 22, 20:43:56

it seems like 99% of people are not really active on the forums but you get that with every game
all the old downloads are out of date and will not work with the servers, im guessing there will be a download available a day before the stress test (like the past couple stress test)

From what I heard, the reason the old downloads become out of date and become incompatible is because the LoE team does not yet have a client made that self-updates, and because of such makes them have to put up a download for every update they make.  I believe they're working on making a self-updating client, as well as the game itself; so it might not be like this for too much longer.

Pipkin

Quote from: Mayapple on 2014 Jun 22, 22:25:00
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2014 Jun 22, 20:43:56

From what I heard, the reason the old downloads become out of date and become incompatible is because the LoE team does not yet have a client made that self-updates, and because of such makes them have to put up a download for every update they make.  I believe they're working on making a self-updating client, as well as the game itself; so it might not be like this for too much longer.

Yeah, but at the same time they're still in pre-alpha, they're still working on the core functionality of the game.  I doubt they'll integrate an auto-update until after Beta.

SweetyART

Please tell me when the latest game downloads will open!  X3   

Pipkin

When the team has Open Server weekends like the one coming up in August they'll link downloads to the pre-alpha clients for that weekend either the day before or the day of, based on what they've done the last few times.

serena072205

Quote from: piper hooves on 2014 May 30, 09:43:29
i hope the servers will be opened by that time. cause i dont want to wait til i am 40 just to play the game

you and me both... :nod:

Go Up