Legends of Equestria is Now Recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Aug 06, 01:51:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

UmbraSnepacuga

I wonder, if you developers are looking for some teens voice some foals or teenagers, let me know.  :]
Here to make friends!

MinkWinsor

I applied! Hopefully I can help you guys out if you're still looking.

About how long does it take to reply? No worries I just want to follow up in case my emails went lost in the nether regions.
"Do you often talk to yourself?"
"Only when I'm around other people."

BludSpammd

Quote from: MinkWinsor on 2015 Aug 17, 19:15:48
I applied! Hopefully I can help you guys out if you're still looking.

About how long does it take to reply? No worries I just want to follow up in case my emails went lost in the nether regions.

What position did you apply for?

MinkWinsor

Quote from: BludSpammd on 2015 Aug 19, 02:40:03
What position did you apply for?

I applied for 3D modeling but I just got a reply today so no worries! I'm talking with hydraphobic later.
"Do you often talk to yourself?"
"Only when I'm around other people."

RavenWing75

I have a question: Are you looking for game testers? If so, can I help out with the testing process? Let me know via my email that is associated with this account.

Shalax

I'm a budding programmer, im not too skilled, but i'd be happy to do volunteer work, because im still learning, but i have a firm grip on v+ and i have a program on c that i can refer to, (not mine, but it's worth checking out, it's called Brogue), and i can use that for reference.

Sonic Nova

Do your concept artists have to draw all their pictures Digitally? I'd like to help with concept art, but I'm not good drawing on computer, nor do I have the right programs. :c

Mizuki

2015 Sep 10, 04:33:51 #227 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 10, 05:32:40 by Mizuki
Quote from: Sonic Nova on 2015 Sep 09, 14:20:50
Do your concept artists have to draw all their pictures Digitally? I'd like to help with concept art, but I'm not good drawing on computer, nor do I have the right programs. :c

From what I've seen, you don't have to draw your concept art digitally.

However if you wanted to texture a model for the team, (which would be really, really helpful!) digital programs would definitely be a must. (Vectors especially)

Still don't let anything hold yourself back from applying to any position that is open! <3

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Bakasan94

McSleuthburger

Just contact the team lead of the team you are interested in and they should get back to you eventually if they are interested
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Gold shock

2015 Oct 09, 05:16:50 #230 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 09, 05:18:46 by Gold shock
Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Aug 06, 01:51:02

Hello, everyone! Once again we're looking for new talent to join the Legends of Equestria team!

If you're interested in game development, passionate about ponies, or simply need a hobby which will put your talents to use, please feel free to send us an email! We are currently accepting applications for the following departments: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers, Level Designers, Unity Implementers, System Designers, VFX Artists, 2D Artists, Front-End Web Design and Programmers. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.

Here are some guidelines for applying:

Concept Artists
Applicants must be comfortable drawing building exteriors, interiors, environmental art, and creatures in the style of the show. In order to apply for a concept artist position, please email [email protected]. Your email should consist of a link to your online portfolio, your Skype username, your primary email address, the amount of time you're able to devote to Legends of Equestria, and your reason for wanting to join the project. Please note that your portfolio should include something other than My Little Pony fan art.

Sound Engineers
To apply for the audio team, please email Banana Mustang at [email protected]. Applicants must have be willing and able to learn Unity AudioMixer. Experience with Unity AudioMixer and/or other audio mixing software is preferred, but not necessary. Please include examples of any previous audio mixing work as it will help your application.

3D Modelers
To apply for the 3D team, please email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. It is strongly preferred that you are using either Maya or Blender. Any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done helps too. Applicants must have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you use.

Further Specifications for 3D Modelers:
- Basic Autodesk Maya or Blender knowledge. This includes making a model from scratch to a
  complete model with an understanding on how to optimize geometry for low poly models.
- All faces in a model can only have three to four edges surrounding. Having more would
  make holes in your model while in-game.
- Make sure you understand how to optimize your model to make it look visually appealing.

Highly Preferred but not Required Skills:
- You should know how to UV-map and how the process of texturing works
- You should know to model low-poly, resource-efficient creatures.

What we on the 3D department can provide you:
- Help and advice on how to improve your 3D modelling skills.
- Learning how to optimize models
- Learn the process on how to make a finished model get in-game.

If you're wondering just how distributed the triangles should be you could take a look
at this example: http://p3d.in/SLW8W/wireonsmooth
All of these requirements can be shown just by uploading a model to http://p3d.in/ .
They only take 3D files with .obj formats and 1024x1024 JPEG texture resolution.

If you're interested then send the work you're most proud of to [email protected].

3D Animators
Applicants must have skills in 3D animation and rigging, plus a willingness to learn. In your application, please include how much time you are able to volunteer as well as a list of programs you use as well as examples of your work.
If you're interested, send [email protected] with your application.

Design:
-Level Designer
Level designers should have drawn work (hand or digital) of macro or micro scale level designs which factor in standard gaming conventions such as pathing, points of interest, mob spawns, elevation, framing, terrain features, quest potential, etc. Previous experience in a 3D engine (Unity, Unreal) is highly sought after. Map/level designers should expect to be trained in Unity to allow the implementation and editing of their designs. Please email [email protected] with examples of your work.

-Systems Designer
Systems designers should have the ability to form clear, concise, to-the-point written work which quickly and efficiently describes a complex system to programmers, writers, or other relevant team members. Applicants should be able to design the technical formulation behind conventional experience, leveling, crafting, and ability systems. knowledge of excel for tables, graphs, and formulas is a huge plus. Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

-VFX Artists
VFX artists will primarily be in charge of creating and implementing spritesheet animations to be used for various player abilities and ambient world effects. This role will require a blending of traditional toon styled art creation and design with technical implementation in Unity (Shuriken knowledge is a HUGE plus!). If you enjoy creating particle based effects to add an extra kick of visual stimulation, this position is for you! Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

2D Artists
To apply for the 2D team, please email [email protected] with a link to an online portfolio containing examples of your work.

Your portfolio should include:

- One or more textured models and texture sheets that you have created AND/OR your best environmental or architectural artwork.
- 3-5 Pieces of additional artwork that display good use of color, an ability to mimmick the art style of FiM, and good design sense.
- Any addtional works that you wish to include.

Art should be close to or of similar quality to the following works:

Textures and textured models:

http://i.imgur.com/wnaDU9t.png
http://i.imgur.com/dEbzLoK.png
http://i.imgur.com/Y4DWrvf.png

Architecture and environments:

http://i.imgur.com/kPkqqwk.png
http://i.imgur.com/D3cilk7.png
http://i.imgur.com/G17VywQ.png

Other Works:

http://i.imgur.com/xITE8kB.png
http://i.imgur.com/QYNN80s.png

The 2D team lead would like to see plenty of examples of environmental art or textured 3D art, moreso than 2D character work or fan art. Applicants must understand the basics of color theory, be able to mimic the art style of the environments and buildings in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and be able to create vector graphics. Please state how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, and remember that you will be expected to complete at least one texture per week. Access to programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Flash is not necessary but would be very beneficial.

Programming
Potential programmers should be proficient in C# and the use of code to design working mechanics applicable to a 3D MMO environment. Experience and integration in Unity 3D is extremely helpful. To apply please send relevant examples of creative code design and a list of software you use/know to [email protected].

Post Merge

I'm ready to be applied. I believe.

LordShen

I applied, hopefully you guys are in need of more 3D Modelers, I'd love to work with this!

DreamRealms

2015 Nov 03, 22:44:44 #232 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 06, 19:45:07 by DreamRealms
Frankie? Are you there?
I send him an email 5 days ago, but I never got something back. Did he go on vacation or something?

Mizuki

Quote from: DreamRealms on 2015 Nov 03, 22:44:44
Frankie? Are you there?
I send him an email 5 days ago, but I never got something back. Did he go on vacation or something?

Sometimes it can take several weeks, if not a month to hear back from developers. I'm sure they're hard at work discussing your credentials and deciding if you should be a member of the team :) (Or maybe they forgot to check their e-mail? I can't speak for them honestly, but I hope this helps!)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Pipkin

Just an fyi- the moderation team is currently hiring. Please see this thread for further information and to make inquiries about the position.
Please note,  you MUST be at least 18 years old at the time of application in order to apply.  Thank you.

BludSpammd

Quote from: LordShen on 2015 Oct 18, 12:28:01
I applied, hopefully you guys are in need of more 3D Modelers, I'd love to work with this!

I don't believe I got your e-mail.
Could you apply again just in case?

Yukirar

I don't know if you need any others but I have plenty of free time on my hands
and I'm working on my own game-like projects. I'm a newbie but i have messed around with Unity for years (since 2011)
and I know how Blender and other 3D programs work. I'm not so much well with programming. Pretty new to it but i love to challenge myself.
I have also done plenty of animations from 2D to 3D and well me being an artist i love coming up with all kinds of ideas and designs.
Though my skills in 3D stuff is a bit rough because usually draw more than model and such, still a lot of ways to go.

Though I have no idea if this information is actually helpful or worth anything haha.
But I do really have a lot of free time on my hands and I really enjoy Arts and 3D stuff.

Pipkin

As long as this post is open the team is looking for people.  Check the front post for details on what teams are hiring and steps to apply for those teams.

GlassMirror

I've been messaged some time ago, but I wonder when I'll be accepted (or not lol )

Gamepad

Wish Writing was hiring. Normal Writing not Technical Writing.  I`m kind of bad at everything :3 But I write little stories, so it fits. :3

Go Up