Equestrian Summerween 2018 - Friday the 22nd of June at 9pm Greenwich Mean Time

Started by Pumpkin Glow, 2018 Jun 05, 15:03:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pumpkin Glow

It was a dark and stormy night and Pumpkin had spent the evening in the Canterlot library.

Right before it closed and everypony was asked to leave, her eyes had caught the back of a book in the "Various Mysteries and Magical Anomalies" section, she had never seen before.

The cover adorned a single yellow triangle with an open, staring eye in the middle. Flipping it open revealed many cryptic pages, but also a chapter titled "Summerween", showing drawings of hollowed out melons with scary faces carved into them. Not much unlike Nightmare Night pumpkins.

Intrigued Pumpkin took the book home to her small attic apartment, where Holiday had already been waiting for her return.
They both started to study the Summerween chapter excitedly, luckily it seemed to have been written in actual Equestrian, while the rest of the book was cryptic gibberish.

They learned about a special holiday from a far away place...
A place on a different plane of existence, separated from Equestria by only the thinnest layer of ever changing, chaotic reality, that couldn't be breached or crossed by anypony, but the most versed in magical abilities... or beings entirely removed from the bounds of material existence.

The name of the place had a big red smudge on it though and only so much was readable.

Gr_vi_y F__ls

The holiday described in the mysterious book was called "Summerween" and very similar to Nightmare Night.
Apart from happening at the beginning of summer, using melons instead of pumpkins and the illustrations of the beings celebrating it looked oddly like shaved monkeys.
But all the other elements were there: Spooky stories, costumes and going around collecting candy.

Holiday and Pumpkin agreed that another spooky holiday in summer was a great idea and instantly started to make plans and preparations for Equestria's first ever...

Summerween

Everypony who watched Gravity Falls will know about the Summerween episode: http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Summerween_(event)

And Holiday and I thought it would be a great idea to bring it to Equestria.
Because who doesn't like an excuse to have another spooky holiday, beside Nightmare Night. ;)

So young and old, put on a costume and join us for some ghoulish fun at the Heartlands Cemetery!

In the spirit of Summerween there will be an organized candy hunt for foals in the heartlands.

1-2 groups of foals have to navigate the Heartlands (stay on the roaaads  ;) ) to find a number of spoooky candy givers, who will be at special, easy and mostly save to reach locations.

The goals for the foals will be to collect a combined total of five hundred (500) candy before returning to the cemetery, or the Summerween Trickster will appear and gobble them up!  O:

And after all that spookiness there are rumors that the mysterious SHADOWBOLTS will make an appearance and present a stunning air show near the Heartlands Cemetery, bringing Summerween to an exciting conclusion!  ^-^
(If you want to sign up for the Shadowbolts and be part of the airshow, you can do so and get infos in Even's thread over here: CLICK ME )

TIME OF THE EVENT: Friday 22nd of June, at 9 PM Greenwich Mean Time.
(Please check your local time yourself with the help of this link  https://time.is/GMT )

Leave Cantermore towards the Heartlands and the cementary will be direeectly on the right.

And some spooky ambiance music to put on in the background at the event (right click and select loop to... well, loop  ;) )

Even Tide

Pumpkin Glow

Awesome! Thaaanks Even! ^-^

I have also edited your link into the first post, in case someone is too lazy to scroll down.   :P 

CMC Scootaloo

Nightmare Night in Summer? I will probably pass that event. I rather have certain celebrations when they are supposed to be celebrated, even though I love everything horror and scary.
And this one specifically might spoil the real deal in October for me.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Pumpkin Glow

QuoteNightmare Night in Summer? I will probably pass that event. I rather have certain celebrations when they are supposed to be celebrated, even though I love everything horror and scary.
And this one specifically might spoil the real deal in October for me.

It's "Summerween" and not just "Nightmare Night in summer".  ;)

Ponies are still putting a lot of love, work and effort into this event.

Dismissing it right away seems kinda unfair... also you might end up missing out on something fun.   ^-^

CMC Scootaloo

But isn't it the same as on Nightmare Night? There are foals going around and collecting candies, with some spooky surprises happening along the way. Seems fitting to describe it as "Nightmare Night in Summer". ;)

And I am afraid it could spoil the real deal..... Summerween and Nightmare Night are very similar to each other, so, what if many ponies who attend don't like to celebrate in October anymore cause they already did something similar a few months ago? Maybe we could distinct the two festivities more to prevent that, by adding something more unique to Summerween that Nightmare Night doesn't have?
I'd like to have both events/holidays be in peaceful coexistence, really.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Pumpkin Glow

QuoteWhat if[...]

What if you rain negativity on an event that many ponies have already invested a lot of work in and are excited about..?

If you don't want to participate it's fine, but actively coming here and saying the event endangers "real Nightmare Night" (another fictional holiday from a cartoon show) is nothing but counterproductive and unfair to everyone who is actually invested in this.

And also really demotivating to those who give their time to try and organize fun events for ponies to enjoy.

I think you have made your opinion clear and I would ask you to stop down talking the Summerween event now.

QuoteBut, Pumpkin, we need to get together in conversation about the darker things of Equestria one day.^^ I feel we have a lot in common there.

I fear we clearly don't...

Howitzer

Okay, this needs to stop right now.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about something, you are entitled to voice it as long as it is constructive. This is no longer constructive.

In the future, please keep discussions civil and unbiased, or if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

CleverCreations

I'm pretty excited, as I kinda helped plan this a little (well... gave some input more or less).

Holiday Cheer

I personally feel that this event gives ponies just enough to be a taste of what Nightmare Night in Equestria will be like.  The actual Nightmare Night celebrations in October will be vast and grand and feeling that one event should ever overshadow another event is unnecessary.  We've had plenty of dance type events yet the Gala was still special, we've had plenty of weddings but every one of those is still special and important, we've had plenty of parties yet ponies still come and have fun.  This will be no different. 

And we can certainly work to make Nightmare Night stand out and be it's own thing that ponies will remember forever! X3

There's just some of us who can't wait that long to be spooked. ;)

(This wonderful picture is provided by Even Tide <3)

CMC Scootaloo

Quote from: Howitzer on 2018 Jun 07, 10:06:20Okay, this needs to stop right now.

It did already. I have already stopped answering here and carried it to PMs, where I tried to explain that I did not try to downtalk or to control her event, but instead just wanted to add a suggestion, almost three hours before you said this, Howitzer.

Pumpkin Glow

This needs to be said for clarity. And will be the only thing I have to add:

CMC Scootaloo, you continued pressing your opinion via PMs on me, despite me clearly not wanting to engage with you.

Which I have reported, as well as your posts here. Cause I don't have the energy to deal with negative people, who try to control other's events.

So please don't pretend like you stopped, when I asked you to.

chrome thunder

Ooooh Shadowbolts air show?

Looks like Maverick can make up for having to miss out on the Wonderbolts one (or Nightshade might go for it).

Spectral Spirit

excited for the event !! its going to be super fun, and i hope i'm able to help out !! ^-^

Holiday Cheer

This might be coming up this next weekend.  Don't forget about it my little ponies. ^-^

(This wonderful picture is provided by Even Tide <3)

Silver Sphynx

Sounds like fun!  ^-^ I dont want to do any big roles or anything, i would like to help with anything you need help with! Ive been playing LoE for some time that i know the basics at least, but hey! every bit counts! Cant wait for the event!

Pumpkin Glow

That's great!  ^-^
If you wanna help then talk to Holiday Cheer. She is still looking for some "scare ponies" for the candy hunt route.  ^-^

Pumpkin Glow

Summerween is almost upon us!

Check the first post for all the infos you need!  ^-^

Go Up