Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

-ReiMar-

Bought Xcom: Complete Edition with 65% discount)) ^^
ovO

AaronMk

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jun 19, 16:26:08
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 19, 13:34:19
We go to battle again, dear wallet. For tonight's the night.

I can't breathe...

There's more.

In sale news: picked up Hotline: Miami, Witcher 1 & 2, and the Farcry series for just a little over twenty dollars today. So I at least crossed off one thing from my need-to-get list today: Farcry.

Next up: Banished, The Forest, Bioshock Infinite DLC, EU4 DLC, Verdun, and DayZ. Waiting for one of these titles to drop lower than 60% of their original price or below five dollars.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Weatherboy1

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 19, 17:16:15

I can't breathe...

There's more.

In sale news: picked up Hotline: Miami, Witcher 1 & 2, and the Farcry series for just a little over twenty dollars today. So I at least crossed off one thing from my need-to-get list today: Farcry.

Next up: Banished, The Forest, Bioshock Infinite DLC, EU4 DLC, Verdun, and DayZ. Waiting for one of these titles to drop lower than 60% of their original price or below five dollars.

I'm personally hoping for a discount on the Crusader Kings 2 DLC so I can pick that up cheaper, also hoping that DayZ goes a bit more cheaper later in the sale even if it's unlikely

KirbyFluttershy

Well Final Fantasy XI ultimate collection - seekers edition was on my wishlist, but I don't think I have that kind of money to buy and download it so I may be getting Borderlands 2 DLCs.

It's too bad that final fantasy 3 wasn't affected by the sale. I was hoping for that.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

AaronMk

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2014 Jun 19, 19:04:54

I can't breathe...

There's more.

I'm personally hoping for a discount on the Crusader Kings 2 DLC so I can pick that up cheaper, also hoping that DayZ goes a bit more cheaper later in the sale even if it's unlikely

I've sold my soul to Paradox on multiple occasions by buying the DLC as it comes out, usually. So I've nickle and dimed my way through to paying the full price of CK2 and all its DLC.

I don't even feel guilty.

However, I do feel that I am behind enough on Europa Universalis that'd it be best to buy all that up during a sale. So I've got my eye on it. Maybe EU'll get a flash deal, or daily deal.

Act One

Got myself the Amnesia games pack. I've been interested in the 1st game for a while - maybe ponify it, but I'm not sure. 2nd game is just the added interest, so don't mind if it isn't too good or such.

Got my scope on these sales, and will let you know of anything else.
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 19, 19:32:28

I can't breathe...

There's more.

I've sold my soul to Paradox on multiple occasions by buying the DLC as it comes out, usually. So I've nickle and dimed my way through to paying the full price of CK2 and all its DLC.

However, I do feel that I am behind enough on Europa Universalis that'd it be best to buy all that up during a sale. So I've got my eye on it. Maybe EU'll get a flash deal, or daily deal.

How is Europa Univervalis, I'm relatively new to Paradox games and I'm curious if I should get EU4? How does it compare to CK2?

AaronMk

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2014 Jun 21, 13:46:22

I can't breathe...

There's more.

How is Europa Univervalis, I'm relatively new to Paradox games and I'm curious if I should get EU4? How does it compare to CK2?

EU4 is pretty fun. Though it took me a while to figure out army composition. On my first run I always wondered how may massive French armies could be cleaned out by the Austrians. Turns out the AI likes to spam mass artillery.

Besides that, it is fun to play and assume the roll of the most-likely malevolent colonial power. There's far less emphasis on personal politics than CK2 of course, with rulers being little more than nation-applicable stats for thirty/forty years. And most of anything that'd be funny as is the case in Crusader Kings 2 is spread out to the game's sort of meta-politics (Ottoman Empire inheriting Tengri and dominating Central Asia for instance). It's also a terribly long campaign, so be prepared to plan ahead.

What makes the game annoying though is if you port over a massive empire from CK2 to EU4. I ported my Roman game to EU - where I dominated all of Europe, North Africa, and 90% of the middle east and Russia and it's common for my screen to be spammed by the mundane events that occur in my Empire (Poor Vintage, Poor Iron, Agricultural Revolution, University Class of [year] [location]) which can be tiring.

I'd certainly say pick it up when it's on sale, if it does. I need to pick up some DLC for it, but they're still too expensive and I already spent twenty dollars for Banished and AOE3: Complete today.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 21, 15:42:21
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2014 Jun 21, 13:46:22

I can't breathe...

There's more.

EU4 is pretty fun. Though it took me a while to figure out army composition. On my first run I always wondered how may massive French armies could be cleaned out by the Austrians. Turns out the AI likes to spam mass artillery.

Besides that, it is fun to play and assume the roll of the most-likely malevolent colonial power. There's far less emphasis on personal politics than CK2 of course, with rulers being little more than nation-applicable stats for thirty/forty years. And most of anything that'd be funny as is the case in Crusader Kings 2 is spread out to the game's sort of meta-politics (Ottoman Empire inheriting Tengri and dominating Central Asia for instance). It's also a terribly long campaign, so be prepared to plan ahead.

What makes the game annoying though is if you port over a massive empire from CK2 to EU4. I ported my Roman game to EU - where I dominated all of Europe, North Africa, and 90% of the middle east and Russia and it's common for my screen to be spammed by the mundane events that occur in my Empire (Poor Vintage, Poor Iron, Agricultural Revolution, University Class of [year] [location]) which can be tiring.

I'd certainly say pick it up when it's on sale, if it does. I need to pick up some DLC for it, but they're still too expensive and I already spent twenty dollars for Banished and AOE3: Complete today.

I think I'll pick it up when it eventually goes on daily or flash

Book Smarts

Already put 7+ hours into Banished, an awesome simulation game  :3

AaronMk

I should probably get off the internet for the rest of the sale...

Just got Sleeping Dogs and related DLC on impulse.

MrEmu

Hmm, does this sale stay over ALL the summer? and does it apply to all games? there are a few games I'm looking into and if I found that they were on steam then I'd be able to get them for dirt cheap! =P

AaronMk

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 23, 00:59:39
Hmm, does this sale stay over ALL the summer? and does it apply to all games? there are a few games I'm looking into and if I found that they were on steam then I'd be able to get them for dirt cheap! =P

No, the Summer Sale (or Winter, Autumn, or Spring for that matter) doesn't last all summer. This summer sale only lasts until the 30th.

And not all games are on sale. As a rule of thumb brand-new titles aren't marked down, or if they are not by much. Generally titles more than maybe half a year or year old are going to get major discounts, as well as indie titles. Sales you want to look out for are Daily Deals and Flash Sales, which have the biggest mark-downs. Community Voted sales too are significant sales as well.

And Steam is generally pretty good at offering most PC game titles, even if some may not be patched to be compatible (because no one likes to develop for Win 8 it turns out). So if you want to get games like Bioshock 1 or Jade Empire, prepare to wrestle with it. If you want these you're better off going to Good Old Games, but they don't really ever do sales like Steam does; you'll be paying out full price there.

Watching any Summer Sale videos on YouTube (I linked a few above) are appropriate primers for the Steam Sale culture.

Act One

Got Fallout: New Vegas - Gonna surf for mods now to exploit this baby like none other (besides Skyrim itself...)
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

AaronMk

Quote from: Act One on 2014 Jun 23, 08:34:54
Got Fallout: New Vegas - Gonna surf for mods now to exploit this baby like none other (besides Skyrim itself...)

My personal recommendations: LittlePip's Fixes, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, Nevada Skies, ELCTROCITY, EVE FNV, Interior Lighting Overhaul, Light my Flare (which you'll sort of need with the intense nights and interiors).

Other ones I like, mostly in the weapons and armor department: Wasteland Opportunist Armor, Mr Streak's MLP Pack, My Little Pony: Firearms are Magic, Spitfire's Thunder.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 23, 10:36:02

My personal recommendations: LittlePip's Fixes, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, Nevada Skies, ELCTROCITY, EVE FNV, Interior Lighting Overhaul, Light my Flare (which you'll sort of need with the intense nights and interiors).

Do you use ENB?

I got super attached to Ruvaak Dahmaan ENB on Skyrim and I can't stand to play the game without it anymore. It looks great, but it sucks up power like nobody's business. My power bills go through the roof when I play the game regularly.

AaronMk

2014 Jun 25, 09:26:02 #19 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 26, 13:22:09 by AaronMk
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 25, 00:54:16
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 23, 10:36:02

Do you use ENB?

I got super attached to Ruvaak Dahmaan ENB on Skyrim and I can't stand to play the game without it anymore. It looks great, but it sucks up power like nobody's business. My power bills go through the roof when I play the game regularly.

Give that I don't know what ENB is: no.

In unrelated news: I started Sleeping Dogs. The only apt commentary I can give at this stage is, m'lady.

Post Merge

Secured EU4 DLC. What do I got left now? The Forest and Wolfenstein: New Order?

Go Up