Zaner-Boy

Gameloft, you'd better not disappoint.

Rad Thunder

QuoteGlobally Popular Girls Brand

Huh? :\

Astral

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Jun 22, 21:01:37
Gameloft, you'd better not disappoint.

I really hope they don't. to me, their games have always been the best on iOS and Android.

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Jun 22, 21:13:03
QuoteGlobally Popular Girls Brand

Huh? :\

Yeah I saw that too xD I don't think they mean it. I hope they don't or else they're in for a big surprise.

Wandering Star

I hope they realise which is the part of the fandom the more money will give them and make a game worthy for every brony. I dont want to see another interactive book with vector pics for little girls

Astral

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Jun 22, 23:17:20
I hope they realise which is the part of the fandom the more money will give them and make a game worthy for every brony. I dont want to see another interactive book with vector pics for little girls

Well, it is supported by Hasbro so it is't going to be graphic or violent. I was expecting something like Waiting is Magic or Equestrian Defender but with a lot more mechanics.

The Wandering Magus

There needs to be some sort of brony movement to get the ENTIRE company to realize just how much their viewer/buyer demographic shifted.  Even if the show producers know, the toy producers seem a little out of it...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Astral

2012 Jun 23, 01:45:42 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 23, 01:52:20 by Astral
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 01:29:48
There needs to be some sort of brony movement to get the ENTIRE company to realize just how much their viewer/buyer demographic shifted.  Even if the show producers know, the toy producers seem a little out of it...

Hasbro can't make an adult-targeted game because they are 100% liable for it if someone claims it to be damaging or offensive. Even if 98% of purchases were made by people 16+, kids will still play this game and all it takes is a few people to complain and put Hasbro in a rough position. It kinda reminds me of the Derpy thing...

I have faith that Gameloft will make spectacular pony games for us. They are good at what they do :) I'm just waiting to find out exactly what kind of games they will make.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Astral on 2012 Jun 23, 01:45:42

Hasbro can't make an adult-targeted game because they are 100% liable for it if someone claims it to be damaging or offensive. Even if 98% of purchases were made by people 16+, kids will still play this game and all it takes is a few people to complain and put Hasbro in a rough position. It kinda reminds me of the Derpy thing...

I have faith that Gameloft will make spectacular pony games for us. They are good at what they do :)

I'm sure our brony community contains more than enough attorneys and litigation consultants that would volunteer themselves to defend the company or even preemptively sue to establish a precident against the anti-derpy sort of people.  All it takes is willingness on the part of Hasbro to accept said help.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Astral

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 01:52:32

I have faith that Gameloft will make spectacular pony games for us. They are good at what they do :)

I'm sure our brony community contains more than enough attorneys and litigation consultants that would volunteer themselves to defend the company or even preemptively sue to establish a precident against the anti-derpy sort of people.  All it takes is willingness on the part of Hasbro to accept said help.

I believe Hasbro would rather just stay away from legal stuff completely lol. I'm sure they won't disappoint us :) 

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Astral on 2012 Jun 23, 01:58:34
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 23, 01:52:32

I believe Hasbro would rather just stay away from legal stuff completely lol. I'm sure they won't disappoint us :)
I certainly hope they don't disappoint.  We ARE a MASSIVE, almost untapped well of much-needed funds for their dying lines.

Chishio Kunrin

Finally. Gameloft won't half-flank this stuff, right? I'm really, really tired of Hasbro's half-flanked pony merch. :l And hopefully, Gameloft will be able to make stuff look like it's supposed to and not like...
Spoiler: show

(Twilight's face and Dash's giant chest)

(Dash's cutie mark is wrong)

^Mostly the kind of derpastrophe I'm talking about. That's from an interactive book app. It was a still image.

Mostly, Hasbro just pastes pre-drawn clipart on everything, and if they have to draw the pony, they half-flank it, and it ends up looking messed up.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 23, 12:09:42
Finally. Gameloft won't half-flank this stuff, right? I'm really, really tired of Hasbro's half-flanked pony merch. :l And hopefully, Gameloft will be able to make stuff look like it's supposed to and not like...

^Mostly the kind of derpastrophe I'm talking about. That's from an interactive book app. It was a still image.

Mostly, Hasbro just pastes pre-drawn clipart on everything, and if they have to draw the pony, they half-flank it, and it ends up looking messed up.

What is that, it burns!!!   D:

Astral

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 23, 12:09:42

Agreed. I have bought a lot of Gameloft games and they, for the most part, are really good games. Let's just hope Hasbro keeps their hoof out and let's GL do what they do best.

Book Smarts

Their game's have gotten better over time, but they are usually around average quality :\

Astral

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 23, 16:39:46
Their game's have gotten better over time, but they are usually around average quality :\

Maybe, but it will be better than what we've been getting from Hasbro. If they made something like Waiting is Magic or Equestrian Defender I would still be satisfied but those kinds of games tend to not be GLs style.

The Wandering Magus

i wonder if GL is actually aware of the Brony fanbase. :\

Astral

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 24, 00:11:34
i wonder if GL is actually aware of the Brony fanbase. :\

If not, then the millions of e-mails they will get will show them.

Lary

2012 Jun 24, 07:31:07 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 24, 07:36:03 by Lary
They're the same guys that worked on Earthworm Jim, Rayman, and Tom Clancy's games.

I have faith.

EDIT: Oh my god, they made Catz. This was like, my very first PC game.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Go Up