Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LaptopCommandStation

VB=Visual Basic.  It's a basic programming program/language, forgive my blunt explanation, I don't know how else to explain it  X3
I hope I can remember how to code databases  >.<

TheCatArtist

Somepony programs in VB? Awesome!. VB is really fun once you know some of it. Like i created a 2D game, And caculator.

LaptopCommandStation

Yeah, I coded a retail calculator/Unit convertor for work, but I can't get it on the computer....

i've been working on another bigger project, but I keep rebuilding it as I learn new things(like databasing, 3-4 months ago).  I'm not good at it by any means, but it's a fun pasttime for me, when I CAN find the time to code...

TheCatArtist

Wait when is the stress test happening.. Don't tell me it happened all ready?

LaptopCommandStation

Not yet, the panel for CG is at 12pm, EDT, Friday.  The download link will be available 1 hour after the panel, and the stress test at some point after that  :D
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 27, 16:55:41
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CFpBNqpd3p3jhXH3YprEgL5QQ3TfrJcrYP_2upjBUjI/edit

TheCatArtist

Oops. I thaught it was today xD
But i don't learn my visual basic from class or anything  >.< I mostly teach my self the way i taught my self to play paino :P
I do c++.

LaptopCommandStation

It's funny, I think i've forgotten almost everything i've learned in programming class in high school, and that was ....5 years ago.  Almost everything i've programmed at home was self taught, especially the calculator as I initially had no idea whatsoever what I was doing.

I tried self-teaching myself HTML/CSS as well, and I understood some of it for a while, but without a website to practice on I can't do much.  I tried installing WAMP on my computer to practice on wordpress and I think my ISP blocks port 80 as I can't even connect to PHPMyAdmin on localhost.....Iz mad  :l

LostSanity

Um...

Can I record myself playing this game when the pre-alpha is released? You know... sort of like a "Let's Play?" As well as maybe livestreaming it as well?

You know... during the "stress test" whenever it takes place?

I... I... just want to help...

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

LaptopCommandStation

AFAIK, you can do whatever you want, there will no doubt be videos of gameplay posted on youtube at some point this weekend, unless I hear differently.

But really, just downloading the game and being on the server will help the team, that's the true point of the stress test.

LostSanity

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 27, 23:36:36
AFAIK, you can do whatever you want, there will no doubt be videos of gameplay posted on youtube at some point this weekend, unless I hear differently.

But really, just downloading the game and being on the server will help the team, that's the true point of the stress test.

Wow. I was freaking out over nothing again.

I thought for sure you guys would say no...

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

LaptopCommandStation

Don't mistake me for a dev member, i'm definitely not  :D

I'm just saying I personally didn't hear anything against making videos or anything.

Personally I think the publicity would be good...

hinata2000100

Quote from: Ashbreeze on 2012 Sep 25, 12:26:40
Will it be up for download on only that weekend or will it stay up for download? :3 Just wondering cause I might be away for that weekend.

It's only gonna be available for download during the weekend. At least, that's what I gather. :s

DuskstrokeSerenade

my main question is this:

will the servers remain up after the stress test if things go well?

Lord of Madness

Quote from: DuskstrokeSerenade on 2012 Sep 28, 00:30:34
my main question is this:

will the servers remain up after the stress test if things go well?

from what i know, no they will not

The Wandering Magus

everypony crash the serverse :D
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 28, 01:06:15
everypony crash the serverse :D

the evil plan is now in action...

Ahaut

Welp.
I so silly.
The panel won't be at 7 am my time, it'll be at 7 pm, so I'll be downloading it at 8 pm.
-_________________-

Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Sep 27, 22:23:06

Also... I have Avast too. But I also have SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, and Comodo Firewall for additional protection. This is because I've had too many issues in the past with getting viruses.

I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best...

:s

You really shouldn't have so many anti-blablabla software running at once. They'll slow down and may even damage your computer. Two is enough :)

The Wandering Magus

i is running a computer inside my computer... computerception ovO

*cough* so, it's in 10 hours?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

I'll probably go afk for the nights  ovO

Blues-Music

I really think everypony is either gonna adventure on his/her own , or with their herd.I would really like it if we all went , and explored together.Sound like fun?

Go Up