Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Repor Fixup

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Sep 27, 03:08:29
I'm going to make a master plan to stay up all day and all night when the limited time demo comes out...
PONIES ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT! ovO
I'm so evil...

We don't need sleep! The game will only be opened until the weekend is over! We can sleep all we after that!  ovO
Thanks for the drawing, Tiger.

I love to fly around and fix things with my hammer.

Chishio Kunrin

DISCLAIMER/WARNING: I stayed awake for 3 days straight once. At the end, I crashed, and when I woke up, I felt sick. So be careful about that. X3

By the way, I had stayed awake that long because I was craving sugar for some reason, so I kept fueling myself with more and more sugar until the craving was gone. In the end, when I ran out of junk food, I got desperate enough to eat pure sugar. :I I have no idea what that was about.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Trixster

2012 Sep 27, 08:16:44 #342 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 27, 08:18:57 by Trixster
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 27, 08:07:02
DISCLAIMER/WARNING: I stayed awake for 3 days straight once. At the end, I crashed, and when I woke up, I felt sick. So be careful about that. X3

By the way, I had stayed awake that long because I was craving sugar for some reason, so I kept fueling myself with more and more sugar until the craving was gone. In the end, when I ran out of junk food, I got desperate enough to eat pure sugar. :I I have no idea what that was about.

i havee been runing on energy drinks for 4 days straight to  make a Product in autodesk  Inventor.
ended up drinking for around 30$ worth of Monster Energy...
but  it dont mater... i got it for free (I got 5 Crates of monster for Freeee :D) and i got Full satisfaction from the customer!
i think... im gonna go to bed when i get home
Hug a bear, sometimes all they need is a little care.

SweBow

Was it in your younger years?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trixster on 2012 Sep 27, 08:16:44

i havee been runing on energy drinks for 4 days straight to  make a Product in autodesk  Inventor.
but  it dont mater... i got it for free (I got 5 Crates of monster for Freeee :D) and i got Full satisfaction from the customer!

Careful with those. It's much more dangerous than going on a sugar binge. Caffeine overdose isn't fun at all, and people end up in the hospital for drinking too many energy drinks in a certain amount of time. X3 There should be a small box somewhere on the back of each Monster can that says not to drink more than a certain number within 24 hours.
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 27, 08:17:01

Yeah, I think so. It was a few years ago.

SweBow

Let's just blame hormones  :P

Trixster

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 27, 08:19:20

Careful with those. It's much more dangerous than going on a sugar binge. Caffeine overdose isn't fun at all, and people end up in the hospital for drinking too many energy drinks in a certain amount of time. X3 There should be a small box somewhere on the back of each Monster can that says not to drink more than a certain number within 24 hours.

i have yet to Experience a Caffein shock... and i have on one occation Consumed 24 Monster in 3 hours
I got hyper... not mutch to say other than that

Little Judas

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 27, 08:17:01

Not necessarily, quite recently I drank maple syrup through a straw... oh sweet Celestia it was heavenly.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trixster on 2012 Sep 27, 08:26:05
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 27, 08:19:20

i have yet to Experience a Caffein shock... and i have on one occation Consumed 24 Monster in 3 hours
I got hyper... not mutch to say other than that

I'm not sure how that's possible. :I Though, if you do start shaking and/or feeling nauseous, then you should stop because those are early signs of caffeine overdose. Another thing to worry about is caffeine addiction. It is a drug, in the stimulant category, and it's addictive.

Trixster

indeed it is...
but i normaly max drink two or less a day
and nothing wronk with coffee to relax a bit and watch/read the news  ^-^

Wandering Star

As long I have heard, more than 4 days awake is totally mortal for any human so, for just a job you could have died. Staying longer awake won't end in a sleep collapse, but in a total cerebral shut down.

In other things, at least in Red Bull and Burn you can clearly see that they don't suggest you to drink more than three cans in a day. However, those things have too many calories. With just one can you can fuel a mid age man to make him run for 3 hours or more. Just think about it.

Oh, I forgot, she is right, guys. caffeine and taurine are addictive. I reached a point in my life that I could even smell red bull and Monster Energy from far, and when I got that smell inside my nose, my brain was constantly teasing me how good would be that liquid through my mouth. Yes, scary, this is why I have given up that kind of drinks.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Sep 27, 09:07:37
As long I have heard, more than 4 days awake is totally mortal for any human so, for just a job you could have died. Staying longer awake won't end in a sleep collapse, but in a total cerebral shut down.

In other things, at least in Red Bull and Burn you can clearly see that they don't suggest you to drink more than three cans in a day. However, those things have too many calories. With just one can you can fuel a mid age man to make him run for 3 hours or more. Just think about it.

Oh, I forgot, she is right, guys. caffeine and taurine are addictive. I reached a point in my life that I could even smell red bull and Monster Energy from far, and when I got that smell inside my nose, my brain was constantly teasing me how good would be that liquid through my mouth. Yes, scary, this is why I have given up that kind of drinks.

Not to mention that scientists have said that caffeine withdrawal is as bad as nicotine withdrawal. I went withdrawal before I ever knew caffeine was addictive. I had wondered why I was getting headaches, feeling so high-strung, irritable, and emotional, and why I had a dream where I paid $20 for a tiny cup of coffee. Oh yeah, you have dreams about whatever you're having withdrawal from.

Addiction is a scary world. :c Especially considering, even if you quit whatever it is, that addiction isn't completely destroyed. It's just lurking in the back of your mind, waiting to tempt you back into it.

So guys, be careful and responsible this weekend. X3

Bravo 658

Ponies are my only addiction. :3
I'm okay with this.

Charcoal Sketch

Considering the stress test starts tomorrow, shouldn't the client be available now so we don't end up stressing the client download sources along with the server?  Or have I just missed the client release somehow?
Who ordered the flaming rutebegas?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Charcoal Sketch on 2012 Sep 27, 13:47:37
Considering the stress test starts tomorrow, shouldn't the client be available now so we don't end up stressing the client download sources along with the server?  Or have I just missed the client release somehow?

I wonder if they're also testing stresses on lots of people downloading it. There'll likely be a lot more people downloading it at the same time when it comes out for real, after all.

Charcoal Sketch

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 27, 13:49:25
I wonder if they're also testing stresses on lots of people downloading it. There'll likely be a lot more people downloading it at the same time when it comes out for real, after all.
I hope not.  As I've mentioned in my introduction post, I've done a slew of alpha and beta testing, and I've also "hacked" quite a number of games, whether to find vulnerabilities and report them, or just to be mean (but I haven't done THAT in ages).  Considering the game test is NOT a secret, there are a few things that should be expected:

1)  Either a single person or a collected group may purposely jam up the direct download link for the client as a denial-of-service attempt.
2)  The same as above or a second party might purposely grab the client, quickly add a virus, mirror it, and see how many people they can down.
3)  Meanwhile, groups 1 and 2 will share the real client around with a bunch of their friends, and they'll all flood the server with fake or real login requests for another DDOS.

I call it the "4chan effect" -- they've done this to quite a number of online games in the past.  When Trickster first launched, they not only managed all of the above, but they flooded the server with real accounts and had a player sitting on every single available space to stand in near the main buildings, effectively blocking anyone from completing any quests, while spouting filth and memes.

Hey, just my personal experience.

Who ordered the flaming rutebegas?

Ahaut

You make me very depressed!

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Charcoal Sketch on 2012 Sep 27, 14:30:43
I hope not.  As I've mentioned in my introduction post, I've done a slew of alpha and beta testing, and I've also "hacked" quite a number of games, whether to find vulnerabilities and report them, or just to be mean (but I haven't done THAT in ages).  Considering the game test is NOT a secret, there are a few things that should be expected:

1)  Either a single person or a collected group may purposely jam up the direct download link for the client as a denial-of-service attempt.
2)  The same as above or a second party might purposely grab the client, quickly add a virus, mirror it, and see how many people they can down.
3)  Meanwhile, groups 1 and 2 will share the real client around with a bunch of their friends, and they'll all flood the server with fake or real login requests for another DDOS.

I call it the "4chan effect" -- they've done this to quite a number of online games in the past.  When Trickster first launched, they not only managed all of the above, but they flooded the server with real accounts and had a player sitting on every single available space to stand in near the main buildings, effectively blocking anyone from completing any quests, while spouting filth and memes.

That scares me...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Charcoal Sketch on 2012 Sep 27, 14:30:43

Hopefully, Anonymoose won't moose things up for us ponies, then. :\ /pun.

Trixster

*yawns*ahhhh nice to have finaly gotten some sleep
Though only thing bad was the nightmare getting rundown by the trailer i have been designing for the last 4 days  :I

Go Up