General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Whew.

Now that I'm finally finished with the new Persona 3 FES "The Answer" that was Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon...

I'm going to try to move on to Sun/Moon now. Even though there still isn't an explanation for what happened to Pokemon Z and I still want an explanation.

Either way...

Let's talk about the Experience Share again.

It needs to remain the same IMO. Because grinding is a pain and annoying.

Keep it the same and give experience to all pokemon in the party please...

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Jun 20, 18:00:14
Whew.

Now that I'm finally finished with the new Persona 3 FES "The Answer" that was Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon...

I'm going to try to move on to Sun/Moon now. Even though there still isn't an explanation for what happened to Pokemon Z and I still want an explanation.

Either way...

Let's talk about the Experience Share again.

It needs to remain the same IMO. Because grinding is a pain and annoying.

Keep it the same and give experience to all pokemon in the party please...

^-^

Well you already got your answer about pokemon Z so it's not gonna help speed up the process on the release. If you rush on the release, then the game will be incomplete and unstable till the patch arrives for these bugs & glitches. You already know what happened back in X/Y's Lumiose city which is that most people complained that they saved in the city and got stuck there so they waited for the patch to happen

As for the exp. share, that's the reason why exp. share was in key items. I always keep it off to make it challenging.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

New Pokémon Sun/Moon news coming next week on July 1st. Hype!
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Pipkin

Y'all are talking about the new games already...I just picked up Alpha Sapphire, which is the first game i've touched since Emerald.  It's the same....yet so different.  I am looking up moves left and right cause i've never heard of them before.  And finding pokemon with rare moves or abilities is a fun new thing I get to do :D

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Jun 29, 15:35:19
Y'all are talking about the new games already...I just picked up Alpha Sapphire, which is the first game i've touched since Emerald.  It's the same....yet so different.  I am looking up moves left and right cause i've never heard of them before.  And finding pokemon with rare moves or abilities is a fun new thing I get to do :D

Well All the mechanics are the same although the new mechanics were added in ORAS, but some were added from X/Y. The Pokemon Contest is easy to do now so apparently you can raise your pokemon's condition without any limit and any pokemon you migrated from R/S/E will have their conditions left the way you want them and then you can finish increasing their condition in ORAS also not only that, but it will reward you a certificate for migrating pokemon from R/S/E. The layouts and areas are different from the original version.

Since ORAS is a lot easier than the original, then you should have no problem at all since the exp. share mechanic is the same as X/Y's, but if you want to make things a challenge, just keep exp. share off.

Pipkin

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Jun 29, 21:10:57
Well All the mechanics are the same although the new mechanics were added in ORAS, but some were added from X/Y. The Pokemon Contest is easy to do now so apparently you can raise your pokemon's condition without any limit and any pokemon you migrated from R/S/E will have their conditions left the way you want them and then you can finish increasing their condition in ORAS also not only that, but it will reward you a certificate for migrating pokemon from R/S/E. The layouts and areas are different from the original version.

Since ORAS is a lot easier than the original, then you should have no problem at all since the exp. share mechanic is the same as X/Y's, but if you want to make things a challenge, just keep exp. share off.

I've never played x/y so the exp share was also new to me.  It's cool though XD

Rikaria

Spoiler: Incoming new Pokémon! • show

I like Tapu Koko and Togedemaru so far. Unsure about the others, though.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Jun 30, 05:51:42
I've never played x/y so the exp share was also new to me.  It's cool though XD

Well the exp. share mechanic from X/Y was the same as R/S/E's exp. all without any exp penalties, taking up room in item slots, and holding the item to your pokemon. You need pokemon bank to transfer pokemon, but any hold items will be sent to the bag so if you want to transfer both pokemon and items, you just need someone trustworthy enough to help you transfer without being scammed. Try doing the whole pokemon contest with a shiny pokemon.

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Jun 30, 10:04:31
Spoiler: Incoming new Pokémon! • show

I like Tapu Koko and Togedemaru so far. Unsure about the others, though.

First bug/fairy in the pokemon history. Cutiefly and Togedemaru looks real cute though.

Rikaria

Just a reminder that Pokémon GO is now available... at least in some countries (as of this post).

Link for Android users
Link for iOS users

KirbyFluttershy

Just as a Warning: There might be some issues with the app so if you guys experience any issues, just let us know. There may be bugs & glitches as I may know about, but my Friend told me there's been issues with the app recently although I don't know what it is.

Rikaria

Spoiler: Another new Pokémon • show

I have a feeling that's gonna be used in top-tier teams, especially if it can evolve and still has the same Ability.

KirbyFluttershy

2016 Jul 07, 09:51:56 #1031 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 08, 23:14:07 by KirbyFluttershy
There's some issues with pokemon go just to let you guys know, but these are the issues I know about

The Battery will drain fast than usual
and It's pretty much buggy although there are server Traffic going on.

also another thing about the app is that it's optimized for smartphones, but not for tablets so read the description of the app more carefully when downloading the app.

edit: there are some pokemon sun & moon fan art, but I found these 2 on EQD's drawfriend stuff

[spoiler] [/spoiler

Rikaria

2016 Jul 12, 10:30:23 #1032 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 12, 10:58:48 by Rikaria
Spoiler: More new Pokémon again... although I question the designs for these • show

[quote=Serebii]The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anything in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.
Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.[/quote]

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Jul 12, 10:30:23
Spoiler: More new Pokémon again... although I question the designs for these • show

I can already hear the rabid hordes crying out that it's a totally unoriginal design.  I mean, I'm not a fan of it either, but it makes sense at least.

Rikaria

Eh... I guess. Anyway...

Spoiler: New Japanese trailer showing both old and new things • show

KirbyFluttershy

I heard and read the warning and danger sides about pokemon go app recently

well for starters, The criminals may target victims for robberies and other stuff they do by using the beacon feature and lure ppl to them also My friend told me that there has been car accidents lately when people are playing pokemon go app in the car so I'm guessing it could be reckless and/or bad drivers, but some tend to hold up the traffic.

also the App has an update, but it's for iOS users. if android users, well I don't know when that will come. If you guys are using iOS, please refer to the update notes at the app store.

If you guys hear any news about pokemon go app lately, just spread'em here. We just need to know the warning and danger sides about the app so we can be ensure of our safety.

Rikaria

Spoiler: Analysis video of the video I posted above, because why not • show

KirbyFluttershy

This Thread has been going slow lately and Pokemon Go has been the biggest talk around right now. We should be talking about pokemon go for now since it's already been released. All I can ask is how's pokemon go treating you guys so far? I did hear a lot of complaints from people that there hasn't been much of a co-op play in their areas, but I do have a advice and suggestion for them, go to places where it's crowded like the mall areas or meet-ups (streetpass meetups work too)

Here's my friend's advice for you those of you guys that are playing pokemon go

QuoteRemember everybody, if you see folks playing Pokemon GO, and they're nice/friendly, make them feel welcome.

This is it. This is our chance to make gaming and Pokemon a perfectly normal and socially acceptable activity, such as watching/playing sports, rollerblading, etc. Seriously, don't screw it up.

Pokemon is for everybody. It doesn't matter if Pokemon GO is their first game, or if they've been playing for years. Embrace new players, and show that they are always welcome to be one of us.

Happy hunting!

Rikaria

Gee, way to completely ignore my Sun/Moon posts -_-

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Jul 14, 00:34:37
Gee, way to completely ignore my Sun/Moon posts -_-

It's no big deal anyway. I've been checking back with serebii more often than usual and see what news is coming up for sun/moon versions. As for the videos, i've already subscribed the gamexplain, the official pokemon channel, and nintendo to check out some information and analysis on sun/moon versions.

We already know how slow this thread is going right now and there's not much pokemon games to talk about besides sun/moon and pokemon go right now and the app is the big talk of it. I'm pretty sure that some of us have iPhone 4 which the app can't support as I know about and some of us are just waiting for the opportunity to upgrade the phones into iPhone and/or android just to play pokemon go.

Speaking of the sun & moon version, the pictures I posted from dA (via EQD's drawfriend stuff recently), we can use'em on the 1st post too, but i wish there was a banner version for them.

Go Up