Gaming Parents

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jun 11, 19:59:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I just wanna know if anyone else here has parents who play video games. I don't mean Farmville and Bejeweled, either. For example...

My mom plays games like:

• Final Fantasy games (She's playing FF13 right now)

• Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2

• The Elder Scrolls games

• She's thinking about playing Assassin's Creed

• American McGee's Alice (Probably not for kids, since it's a twisted creepy insane version of Alice in Wonderland)

My dad plays games like:

• Final Fantasy games

• Disgaea

• The Elder Scrolls games

• Generally FPS games, especially Halo

• He's probably gonna play Assassin's Creed

• He used to play Red Alert/Axis Powers games on the computer

So yeah, they both tend to play RPGs and such similar games, and my dad really likes strategy/tactics games (he really liked Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea) and FPSs.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sea Foam

My mom and I used to play Yoshi's Island and Zelda games up to the N64 days.
Those were fun times.  :')

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

DrizzleMutt

My father plays -

Command and Conquer Series
Halo 1 (The original)

X3

That's about it..

Tiger

My mom and dad don't play a lot of games, although just a few days ago, my dad, my brother and I played homeworld (an old fun game which was made in 1999 o_O) and once my mom just played this game on Neopets for a long time ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Book Smarts

My parent has never touched a video game next to probably pong and pacman

Legulus

Well, my step-dad's cool and all by playing Halo, CoD, etc, with me. And he's pretty good at it too, so, yeah :)

I've never seen my mom play a video game, but my dad plays more family-friendly stuff from Nintendo and all that.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

videogamehunter

My mom doesn't play games unless it a pinball machine, but when my parents were still together my dad was addicted to Elder Scroll three morrowind on xbox. Which is one of my biggest mistakes I ever bought. I like the game and all but my dad had anger issue and when his computer crash. He started playing xbox and giving games a try. At first I thought it was cool giving now a days games a try. But then when he gave Morrwind a try. Thats when my life turn bad to worst. I never had a good  relationship with my dad. But that all  he did when he got home from work other than drank beer and watch fox news.

To make things worst I was never allow to play games on school days. So the only time I got to play games was on weekends and he would still be on it or when I start playing for about 10 minutes my dad would kick me off or else he get very angry.

Wow I didn't mean type something like this. This topic just gave me a flash back of my life.

Haned tom.

My mother plays:
All the civilization games
final fantasy I, II, V, VI, VII, IX
Diablo III
Titan Quest
Neverwinter nights
Records of Agarest wars zero.
Tales of Graces

My father: Diablo III, Titan Quest, Halo 3
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

lurk852

My mom's rather nerdy, and expressed interest in video games a few times, so I once tried to get her started playing Portal and FFX and some other stuff. She was really, really bad at pretty much every game she tried, unfortunately.  :s
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Goldenrod

My dad used to be pretty big into Halo, but he stopped after ODST.
That and Wii golf, I've never seen anyone log as many hours as him on that :l

Wandering Star

I have convinced my sister and my father about joining World of Warcraft. They joined the Horde. I am from the Alliance. They say I am the family's shame. >:/

Flamestriker

My mother and father are the coolest! My dad is more into shooters like CoD and games like Elder Scrolls, and my mother loves puzzle games. They both play MMORPGs, and my dad takes me through dungeons in WoW. He rarely but sometimes plays with us on the wii. I usually beat him though, that's why.
[move][/move]

Book Smarts

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Jun 12, 06:40:11
I have convinced my sister and my father about joining World of Warcraft. They joined the Horde. I am from the Alliance. They say I am the family's shame. >:/

If you are a rogue, you should come up to them while they're leveling and gank them to get the last laugh

Ozzy

My mum is a wizard on Mortal Kombat, and my dad well...I'm pretty sure he's completed every game released since DooM

Wandering Star

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 12, 08:06:45

If you are a rogue, you should come up to them while they're leveling and gank them to get the last laugh

My main was a mage so I could only "see" (and kill) them when people wanted to invade Ogrimmar. It was kinda awkard go to a city and kill your own family, actually XD

Ryo_D_Disk

my perants used to play back in the day of the super nintendo but now they are not as inpresive although that said my grandperants on the other had thats another story seriously they beat the orignal donkey kong country games twice along with the new one 100%

Itty Bit

My parents straight up refuse to play anything with me. I envy you guys who actually have awesome gamer parents :)

Lary

My grandmother is always up for some Ms. Pac Man.
I've only really played Bubble Bobble with my mother.
And I still cannot beat my late father's score in Donkey Kong to this day...
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Jun 12, 09:50:07
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 12, 08:06:45

My main was a mage so I could only "see" (and kill) them when people wanted to invade Ogrimmar. It was kinda awkard go to a city and kill your own family, actually XD

In a virtual fantasy world, that sounds so epic  B)

Iodine

My dad (may he rest in peace) was a gamer and played all sorts of PC games like Fallout, Rainbow Six, Diablo, Dungeon Master, and lots of Amiga games too in the 80's. He even had an Xbox 360 and played Oblivion! I got him a Lord of the Rings game for Christmas once. When I was little I would sit next to him and watch him play through games. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be quite the gamer I am now.

Go Up