Circle Scratch on Xbox Game

Started by Plumeria Paradise, 2012 Aug 21, 15:38:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 22, 21:35:42
I have my sitting vertically, but between the wall and another object

Hopefully a disc won't get jammed in your disc drive. Gravity always wins.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 22, 21:43:28
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 22, 21:35:42
I have my 360 sitting vertically, but between the wall and another object

Hopefully a disc won't get jammed in your disc drive. Gravity always wins.

Ironically enough, the only time my xbox 360 has ever destroyed a disc was when I laid it horizontally on a chair to play it somewhere else. While it was running, I went to throw something away and I caught one of the wires on my way out and the console went crashing to the ground and you could hear the grinding noise as the disc was completely ruined   :c

Chishio Kunrin

I have to wonder what Microsoft did wrong to have the only console that can't handle a disc well enough to not damage it if the console is bumped. :l I've never heard of a PS1, PS2, PS3, original Xbox, GameCube, or even a Wii doing that.

But I still love our Xbox360 Slim. It has Wi-Fi connectivity, and best of all, it's not too crodgedy and old to play Skyrim and Fable 3.

Rissian

The main problem Microsoft had was they rushed the 360 and didn't carefully plan it, the Wii and PS3 have better disc trays that actually grab the disc and put it correctly in place, even the Gamecube had a grip and bearings used to hold the discs 360 sadly used PC style trays which are fine because PC's hardly ever move or get bumped but when you have a console, it's in more danger of being moved then a PC is, I still love the 360 but Microsoft really messed up on it's physical design, it's overheating issue also comes from bad design, which is easily fixed by keeping a room cool or the 360 out in the open.

(Even PC's though had a tray styled to hold a disc in place, but the 360 kind of doesn't or discs wouldn't get destroyed by bumping it.)

The new 360's with huge vents and fans on top at least was a step in the right direction but that touch screen is pure evil.  :c

I dunno how many times our cats bumped the power or disc tray button while me and my sister were playing the 360, only to lose all progress on our game.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

The touch sensor buttons surprised me and my mom when we first got ours. o_O

And I think your cats must be doing it on purpose. Don't you have to actually put your finger right on the sensor for it to activate?

Rissian

It wouldn't surprise me if they were o_o my sister just reminded me that they walked near it and climbed it often when it was here, it was our cousins new 360 that he let us barrow we fixed one of our old ones that we use now and our cousin took his 360 back since he had time to play it some more, so we have one elite and one old one now, the elite is from my sister's friend who got a free Xbox for buying a Compaq PC so she gave us her old elite.

Anyways our cats were fascinated by the noise the touch screen ones made and would even try to slap the disc tray when we opened it, it was cute to watch until they started bumping it while we were playing games.  :c

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah. Cats are smart enough to figure out how to work technology that makes noise. :l It's kind of annoying.

Plumeria Paradise

Whoo! Lost internet!
Well, I gave up. I don't know what to do. Buying it again is out of the question, and it isn't gonna work so...byebye skyrim :(

Go Up