Writing Auditions Round Two Begin Now!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Hmm, out of every category of development i lack the most knowledge in the writing section, however I believe a major part of the writing team is creating quests, NPC dialogs and other creative assets along those lines.  Perhaps Brick can correct or confirm that?

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 13, 22:19:55
Hmm, out of every category of development i lack the most knowledge in the writing section, however I believe a major part of the writing team is creating quests, NPC dialogs and other creative assets along those lines.  Perhaps Brick can correct or confirm that?

You'd be correct in saying that... I think.  :s
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Bluebell

Good luck everyone!

Ooooh, "ridiculous", huh? *rubs hooves together* I sure hope I get a shot at writing it, hehe.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Bluebell on 2013 Jul 14, 11:55:48
Ooooh, "ridiculous", huh? *rubs hooves together* I sure hope I get a shot at writing it, hehe.

You and me both. Hoofshake for luck. /)
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 13, 22:19:55

This is correct. The creative process behind the quests and NPCs makes up the vast majority of our work.

Bluebell

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 14, 15:17:55
Quote from: Bluebell on 2013 Jul 14, 11:55:48

You and me both. Hoofshake for luck. /)

(\ May the best pet author win, and good luck!

Jack_Daft

I just submitted my entry for the writing department.  I really don't have any "creative prose" of my own or a portfolio of sorts to speak of, so I simply made a short story with ponies in it!  ovO

If anyone's curious to see how terrible of a mind like mine can put down in words, shoot me a private message and I'll give you the google docs link!

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Renatan

I sent in an entry. It's what I think is one of my more creative stories. I had entered in into a writing contest awhile back and it won 3rd place, so I'm assuming it was pretty good.

Oh. And I got to meet Shane Peacock and Ted Staunton there  :P
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

BerserkerBrony

I threw in my entry as well.  I hope they like minecraft fanfics. :P

FanofRainbowDash

OVER 78???? THAT MEANS THE TEAM MIGHT BE TWICE AS BIG IF ALL ARE ACCEPTED!!

Renatan

I just realized that I sent in a 20 chapter long story... Oh dear  X3 The poor little things. They won't want to read all that.

" She wrote us a novel... " - Shane Peacock, describing what I wrote.
*Flail* And what is a short story?!  ovO
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Weatherboy1

You know what would be Cool? If you could live stream the Auditions... and see how the crowd likes it. But I think that would be too much work  X3

BerserkerBrony

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 16, 21:33:04
You know what would be Cool? If you could live stream the Auditions... and see how the crowd likes it. But I think that would be too much work  X3

If the host of the livestream likes to read for a week straight with no breaks, then go for it.

Asterian Starfall

Well, it's less than 24 hours until we know who's moving on...

... I can only hope I made it.

Renatan

Did they tell at about what time we would find out who's moved on? Or no?

Ah, and I'm so excited! I know that up against, like, 80 other people, there is a very slim chance of me being among the chosen ones (lolwhut?  o.O  That sounds like something from a book or a movie) but I actually do believe that I'm a good writer. Heh, they probably didn't finish reading mine though, so long as I actually submitted it correctly. I think I did, I checked the instructions throughout the entire process...

P.S. Good luck to everyone else!  ^-^

tehflah

*Flops around exasperated*

Last minute entry... Must get across finish line in time... *WHEEEEZE*

*Collapses*

flahplz.  >:/

I hope that I can at least stack up against some of the talent that has surely already applied. Goodluck everyone!  X3

Asterian Starfall

Well, the results should be coming out any time now.
*Sits down with a glass of tea in hoof*
Let's see where this goes... Good luck to everyone!

Bluebell

I had a dream last night that I got in. I REALLY HOPE IT'S ONE OF THOSE PROPHETIC DREAMS YOU GUYS.

Renatan

Never before have I waited so desperately for an e-mail...  :s

It's even worse that they don't tell us if we're rejected! It really adds onto the anxiety...  >.<

Post Merge

Quote from: Bluebell on 2013 Jul 18, 12:13:20
I had a dream last night that I got in. I REALLY HOPE IT'S ONE OF THOSE PROPHETIC DREAMS YOU GUYS.

Something tells me you were disappointed when you woke up ^.^'

tiny.parcel

As much as I really want to win, I think so many of you guys are better equipped. I'm really excited to get the results and I truly hope I make it. By Celestia's mane, and for the best of Equestria- may the best ponies win!  <3

Go Up