Bronies and G1 MLP

Started by Applestack, 2013 Aug 28, 10:17:06

previous topic - next topic

Do the majority of bronies hate the 1st generation of My Little Pony?

Yes
14 (36.8%)
No, only the minority do
24 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Go Down

Ramisha

I loved the toys,but I HATED the cartoons. They're so lame.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Applestack on 2013 Sep 07, 13:26:36
Actually, that Baby Scootaloo design existed after G3.5.

Maybe the baby design came after G3.5, but Scootaloo still existed before G4.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G3.5_Scootaloo
And I seem to recall there being a G3.5 episode where Scootaloo goes to, I think, Pinkie Pie's house for a playdate.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

phirenor

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Sep 08, 21:53:36
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 28, 13:48:11

Wait... CUTIE MARK?! *scary music*

A HUGE SPOILER HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!
CMC fans - one mystery solved.

Night Pony

What if I told you that before FiM cutie marks were nothing more than random images on their butts?

Spoiler: show

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

phirenor

Wow, Grown up CMC looks awesome! Can't wait to see them in, guess... season 7?

GoldenTerrabyte

What if after FIM ended, there was a spinoff next, that's all about a slightly older CMC. And, of course, between shows, they got more members...

Oookay, off topic.
G1 ponies. I dunno, never watched it. Don't know where. Not on Netflix.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: phirenor on 2013 Sep 09, 05:42:02
Wow, Grown up CMC looks awesome! Can't wait to see them in, guess... season 7?

Those were the G3/G3.5 versions of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo but drawn in G4 style. Those aren't even the cutie marks that G4 Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo will get.

Night Pony is right. Before G4 (FiM), cutie marks meant absolutely positively nothing. They were just random images. Lauren Faust decided that cutie marks needed to actually signify something and stop being meaningless marks on ponies' rumps.

GoldenTerrabyte

^
Right! My predictons:
Scootaloo: Her scooter.
Sweetie Belle: A music note
Apple Bloom: Not sure...
I'm back

phirenor

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Sep 09, 09:44:28
Those were the G3/G3.5 versions of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo but drawn in G4 style.

But still, Big Sweetie looks absolutely amazing here.
Ok, back to topic.

Ramisha

Well I don't think their cutiemarks were completely meaningless,I have a Scootaloo toy and she comes with a scooter and a net you can attach to the scooter with butterflies in it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Sep 09, 14:08:54
Well I don't think their cutiemarks were completely meaningless,I have a Scootaloo toy and she comes with a scooter and a net you can attach to the scooter with butterflies in it.

What I mean is, it's been said that, in the previous generations, cutie marks weren't something that ponies earned by discovering their talents. That whole "cutie mark represents your talent" thing is new and first appeared in Friendship is Magic. Before that, Hasbro just put pretty pictures on the ponies' hips without much reason behind it.

Ramisha

Oh I see.
oh yeah back on the topic: I liked that dark purple pony, Kimono. She was pretty cool. My friend and I loved playing with the ponies, she even had a big plushie one. We also didn't know their names so we made them up.
She also had that one with extra long hair but she cut it and gave him a mohawk  :3 And she gave him black eyeliner and colored his hair......we weren't ordinary kids.......we still play with them sometimes (don't judge me!  :I

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Sep 09, 14:59:27
Oh I see.
oh yeah back on the topic: I liked that dark purple pony, Kimono. She was pretty cool. My friend and I loved playing with the ponies, she even had a big plushie one. We also didn't know their names so we made them up.
She also had that one with extra long hair but she cut it and gave him a mohawk  :3 And she gave him black eyeliner and colored his hair......we weren't ordinary kids.......we still play with them sometimes (don't judge me!  :I)
Only a fool judges another person.
I'm back

Ramisha

We're 14 but aaaaaaawgh those ponies are so cute......we don't actually play with them anymore but we color their manes and tails...give them tatoos....
Well of course we're childish, there's kids everywhere in our street and they want us to play with them..They're really annoying.  :c

Applestack

<3 I think G3.5 Scootaloo is adorable, Kimono is cool and (for some reason) Sunny Daze is so lovely. <3
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

Pinkielover123

i think G3.5 scootaloo is her mom, but with another name and a pegasus

on topic: i love Star Catcher

GoldenTerrabyte

Wait, what's the difference between 3 and 3.5? Why isn't it just 3 and 4, MLPFIM being 5?
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 10, 14:44:42
Wait, what's the difference between 3 and 3.5? Why isn't it just 3 and 4, MLPFIM being 5?

I could be wrong, but I think the only difference between 3 and 3.5 is that they shrank the characters down and made them fillies in 3.5. So, basically G3, but they're all fillies.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 11, 12:42:44
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 10, 14:44:42

I could be wrong, but I think the only difference between 3 and 3.5 is that they shrank the characters down and made them fillies in 3.5. So, basically G3, but they're all fillies.

I was under the impression that G3.5 was with the fillies from G3 but they were grown up. I can be wrong too.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up