A good video about bronies

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Oct 05, 17:42:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

If you think about it, what he said is right. What that guy on the right meant with one of the things he said is that, sure, we like the show, but that liking of the show is intensified by the fact that we're hated and considered deviants for liking it.

Take a look at history, human nature, and sociology. Being hated and prejudiced against tends to cause a community to band together and become closer, thus making the community become stronger. So, in a way, the haters are making us stronger as a fandom. We subconsciously know that if we stay together as a fandom, it's harder for them to break us because we have each other.

So next time, when you meet a hater who's insistent on their position against us, just thank them. ^-^

Also, this video really is pretty good. He actually did some research and stated facts, and he was, for the most part, neutral but kind of positive.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Billow Pillow

I remember watching this video quite some time ago, good stuff~  Though usually when i am presented with a problem or in this cased hatred i generally just ignore them or try to mind freak them a-bit.  ovO
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rissian

2012 Oct 05, 18:15:29 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 05, 18:21:03 by Trege
I have to say I agree with some of the things they said, although I didn't become a fan of MLP because of other people hating it. At first I thought it was weird until I saw a few scenes from the show and ended up watching it one day after playing Skyward Sword until 8AM in the morning. My favorite scene still being the Rarity scene where she tortured the Diamond Dogs ears. Anyways I started liking the show because of how well it was made I liked the animation the art style the characters the voice actors and how it has a good moral in each episode, and really likable characters.

(And of course the fun fanbase, which feels generally nicer to be around than a few other fanbases I've been in.)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 05, 18:15:29
I have to say I agree with some of the things they said, although I didn't become a fan of MLP because of other people hating it. At first I thought it was weird until I saw a few scenes from the show and ended up watching it one day after playing Skyward Sword until 8AM in the morning. My favorite scene still being the Rarity scene where she tortured the Diamond Dogs ears. Anyways I started liking the show because of how well it was made I liked the animation the art style the characters the voice actors and how it has a good moral in each episode, and really likable characters.

(And of course the fun fanbase, which feels generally nicer to be around than a few other fanbases I've been in.)

What I was saying in the first post is that I think what he meant by that is not that we like it because we're hated for liking it. What he really meant was that the fact that we're hated for liking the show makes us like the show more. It intensifies our liking of the show.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

I'm not exactly sure how that works, the only thing about the haters that really bother me. Is them hating on something they either received wrong info on or don't know much about at all. I'm not bothered by the people who watched it and disliked it if it's just not their interest. Anyways just being around the community is what made me grow closer to it.  ^-^

(But I do kind of understand what you're saying though.)

Vertigo

I think haters are funny I'm laughing just thinking about it .  lol

Go Up