The Silverdale Saga (Sign-up and OOC)

Started by Morning Glory, 2012 Jun 16, 06:16:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GalvinRoe

2012 Jun 19, 18:33:32 #20 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 19, 18:35:32 by GalvinRoe
*Tsk, Tsk* you complain we leave  :llol! Haha, but actually we are all spread a little thin right now. Magus expecially, I think he's playing three games at once! And he's playing two characters on my game. He'll pop up again in a bit though.

Okay I'm off for a touch, I'll be back later . ..

The Wandering Magus

lol I'm GMing 2, playing 3, and have 6 variations of the same characters :]

Juniper doesn't have her trademark accent here because of her different background x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

GalvinRoe

well, no one has responded to my shouts for assistance yet (in RP) so I won't be able to proceed till then  lol!

Morning Glory

I GMed Garnet talking to your party a while ago. Reply 22 my friend.

GalvinRoe

Well the proof is certainly there  lol. I honestly don't know how I missed that  :l. Your post before must have glazed over to Magus's because It seemed to be uniform? That certainly is interesting. Well my appologies for holding up the section there  o_O! That was 100% my fault.

Morning Glory

No problem. We all miss posts sometimes. ^-^

GalvinRoe

As it goes, I suppose.

This portion is ALSO my fault because I never did post up the full bios for Bright Mane and Right Hoof but both are Unicorns. Green Strokes is the only Earth-Pony.

Morning Glory

GalvinRoe

Thanks. Me and my pony pals  lol!

So Srokes will probably be absent if we are doing anything *Today* (day of the festival) but he'll be chipper tomorrow.

Leaves of day of Bright Mane and Right Hoof fun  :3! Those two aren't as outgoing and they are in a town of biased ponies . . .  ovO so we shall see what fun shanenigans we can brew up for them  lol! Unless you have something specific in mind. If you do, I'll push myself over to those goals.

Morning Glory

Strokes may find himself coaxed out of his room for one reason or another...don't count him out just yet. The GMs always have something brewing in the background.

Morning Glory

2012 Jun 20, 05:22:30 #31 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 20, 05:26:43 by Morning Glory
Here is Silverdale's history, as writen by me, for reference. Remember, if your pony has not been taught this in their life, they don't know it.

Long ago, before the three pony races were united in the nation we call Equestria, a group of earth pony migrants discovered the land that would come to be known as Silverdale. These ponies settled the land for its plentiful lumber, clean water, suitable farmland, and moderate climate.

They erected a small village at the foot of the Silver Mountains.  It was some time before they found that the rock of this mountain was loaded with valuable minerals. The ponies began to build a mine, and from the ore of this mine they created armor and weapons and a large wall around the town to protect it. Their inherent earth pony magic caused the resources to become even more plentiful, and kept the mine from ever collapsing. Throughout the conflict between the three pony breeds, they were left undisturbed thanks to this fortress. They even weathered the powerful blizzard that overtook Equestria as the three parties warred.

It was only many, many years later, when Princess Celestia sought to add the northern mountains to the kingdom of Equestria, that they came into contact with the outside world. The town was isolated and preferred to remain private and independent, but the princess offered them a suitable portion of freedom in terms of self-government, the protection of her armies and magic, a cut on taxes thanks to the large amount of exports they provide, and the potential for trade with the rest of Equestria. After a great deal of debate, it was agreed that the town, from then on called Silverdale, would become part of Equestria, providing metal and gems to ponies throughout the land.

It was not until they became part of the Celestial Kingdom that they came into contact with unicorns and pegasi. First, those that were ambassadors of Celestia, then the ponies that traded money for metal, along with traveling merchants. Then, a visiting group unicorn miners sent from Canterlot attempted to extend the Silverdale mine. The unicorn magic interacting with ancient earth pony influence caused a collapse, killing several workers. All ponies that were not earth ponies were banned from the mine and from the town for several generations. The ponies of Silverdale were able to restore the mine, but it was a long time before they were prepared to forgive what had happened. The mayor of the town attempted to have Silverdale secede from Equestria, but Princess Celestia managed to preserve and repair the relationship with Silverdale and Equestrian ponies though a great deal of careful discussion and appeasement. 

The Silverdale natives were extremely hesitant to welcome new races into their town, fearing magic and flight would threaten their way of life after witnessing the terrible effects of blatant magic. Eventually, unicorns and pegasi immigrated to the town, though they faced a great deal of discrimination. Over time, Silverdale has learned to live alongside the more obviously magical races, but they still hold some animosity towards outsiders. They also have very little reverence for Princess Celestia as a goddess, looking at her only as a distant ruler. They prefer to look inward for leadership and community.

The Wandering Magus

Then i guess being shy and decidedly non-flashy and married to and commanded by an earth pony is quite a good thing to be, for Feather?
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Morning Glory

It is. Unicorns and pegasi are not completely ostracized as they once were. Feather is described as a pony that knows how to go unnoticed for the most part. If he and Juniper have been here long enough, and he has let the earth ponies have their way, then they would accept him and even be neighborly to him.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 20, 16:05:14
It is. Unicorns and pegasi are not completely ostracized as they once were. Feather is described as a pony that knows how to go unnoticed for the most part. If he and Juniper have been here long enough, and he has let the earth ponies have their way, then they would accept him and even be neighborly to him.
i hope what I put was in-character? him being all second-class-citizen-y and all.

"yes, mistress"
"of course, mistress"
"as you wish, mistress"

Morning Glory

It's your choice whether it's in character, but if you like it, it's fine.

The owner of the toyshop is a unicorn too. He is accepted and liked because he treats all the earth ponies with respect and is careful not to be too flashy with his magic. He's been a quiet, unassuming, but loyal member of their community long enough that they treat him well. He's older, and clearly non-threatening, and he entertains the children well, so he's respected well enough.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 20, 19:58:58
It's your choice whether it's in character, but if you like it, it's fine.

The owner of the toyshop is a unicorn too. He is accepted and liked because he treats all the earth ponies with respect and is careful not to be too flashy with his magic. He's been a quiet, unassuming, but loyal member of their community long enough that they treat him well. He's older, and clearly non-threatening, and he entertains the children well, so he's respected well enough.

well, if Feather don't have to act like second-class then I should have him act his "normal" shy, not his "paranoid" shy x3

can I edit my posts for that?  And could you have Chautauquan maybe modify the NPC reactions to fit the edited posts if so? x3

Morning Glory

If you like, you can. He still sort of would be considered a second-class citizen in a way. I just don't want it to seem like he's constantly persecuted. He's welcome there, so long as he keeps to his place and doesn't cause trouble.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 20, 20:16:53
If you like, you can. He still sort of would be considered a second-class citizen in a way. I just don't want it to seem like he's constantly persecuted. He's welcome there, so long as he keeps to his place and doesn't cause trouble.
well he's acting like a barely-released slave x3

Chautauquan

2012 Jun 21, 04:04:54 #39 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 24, 05:29:23 by Chautauquan
I'll just throw in some of Dusty's references and basic "histories" that he tells.  Again, I'm mostly ripping this from the history books and putting a MLP spin on it, but hopefully we'll get some original stuff as well.  Please, help me improve on names or ideas, it's a sort of work in perpetual progress...

Sparky Specs=Roughly equivalent to Benjamin Franklin.  No big revolution storylines, but he's likely a unicorn who liked kites, newspapers, and electricity....

Roan of Ark= Swap the R for J, and K for C, and you'll get the general idea.  Great leader, strong personality, that type of person.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Go Up