Regarding this tension in the air...

Started by AlDeezy, 2013 May 27, 20:25:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

Ryo the problem is that this is affecting the forums. Honestly I don't care what the team does even if it is wrong. What's wrong is that everyone is starting to hate how things are going on here. People are getting way less in touch than they were.

Tiger

True at that. It's like a cloud of gloom hanging over all of us.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Ryo_D_Disk

But thats my point it shouldnt affect us, Keep calm pony on my freinds the forums are safe the game is safe so end off were all freinds here so lets SMILE SMILE SMILE, we are the Forumers of LoE the ones who truly control this forums, our posts are what keep this place going, our games RP's Writting, randomness and all that fun stuff

True the team owns the forums but honestly unless we break a rule then we have nothing to be conserned about no topics are gone, our sugestions are still vailid and 90% of topics are made by us

So Lets Post ponys

Blues-Music

Well I don't control other people. I honestly don't care either way , but for others they seem to hate how control is being handled. I don't care if I agree , or if I don't I just don't want them to leave.

Rissian

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Just relax and listen to the gypsy tambourine don't let your spirit be broken.

Ryo_D_Disk

Well this Dueling pony isnt going anywhere so Im going to follow Trege's example and lets listen to some music shall we

Blues-Music

I don't intend to leave either , but I don't intend to do nothing about it.

CyanideInsanity

I think we're all feeling the same. We want the community to continue to stand strong, kind, and happy. At the same time, thats how the team should feel when working on this project. Friendly togetherness, respect, and nothing really negative. I don't want to brood over this, but I don't wish any problems to stagnate the game's development either... :s

Anyway enough about this, I've got to see someone fail at fallout 3 and then get to bed.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Rissian

2013 May 28, 07:42:46 #28 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 07:46:16 by Trege
I'm just gonna post one more song before I sleep. It kinda fits. x3

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

All we need to strive to be is part of the LoE community.

Nightmare702

InB4threadlock
Let's all just take a deep breathe in and out and listen 2 da music
~Deleted, wat?~

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Nightmare702 on 2013 May 28, 17:33:31
InB4threadlock
word.

Thanks to AlDeezy for posting this thread, and for everyone who finally spoke their mind here.  I suppose I'll do the same; though I think the large majority of you already know my opinion, here's all my thoughts, collected, possibly changed slightly with the passage of time.

Stuff happened.  Disagreements happened.  That, at least, is indisputable.

Now for the "opinion" part, since the next part isn't quite indisputable enough to be called "fact".

People up high dropped the ball.  Hard.  And this isn't the first time either.  And as I'm sure you've all noticed, there has been secrecy, censorship and marking of individuals.  The new "awards" makes this all the more abundantly clear.  There is fear among team and forum members, there is distrust, and I don't have to tell you that lines have been drawn.  The question is where to go from here.

My advice?  Fix it.  Disclose everything, the whole, unedited truth for all to see, and let the world draw its own conclusion.  Bring back Dandy Lion and Swebow.  Cast a new vote that takes into account ALL team members for who should be the leaders in charge, not just by the opinion of a select few.  Stop sweeping the garbage under the rug and actually take it out and throw it in the dumpster.

And in a way I agree with Blues, there SHOULD be a greater emphasis on community.  A community of trust and goodwill.  A community where everypony knows everypony else.  A community where you don't have to censor yourself or your own opinions, and EVERYPONY can freely talk about their opinions without fear of being banned, censored or cut off or ridiculed.  A community of love and tolerance.

Can't we all just get along?  Can't we trust one another with truth?  Can't the lower team members speak their opinion about the higher team members without fear of being thrown out?  Can't higher team members tell the rest of the community about their opinions of the other higher team members without fear of being thrown out?  Can't members of the community relate their opinions about all the others without fear of being thrown out?

This used to be a place where everyone trusted everyone else.

This used to be a place where SweBow would come, give us sneak peeks about the newest thing being built, and the rest of us would celebrate.  A place where team members could speak their mind and not be banned.  A place where the mods were the good guys that you trusted to keep you safe, not keep you silent.

A place people could call home.

I still want this to be my home.  I have friends here, roleplays here, stories, characters, artwork, and more.  I've been here for over a year now, and I had hoped to be here forever.  Can't we please, please make this place be like what it once was?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Teal Turken

I don't have all my thoughts collected just yet so I'm not sharing any of my thoughts but I'm all for reviving the community.
I need to get on this site much more than I have in past months. I used to be on all the time, in the roleplay section, helping new RPers and playing with others.
And I don't realize how appreciated I really am. :c

Bravo 658

Though I don't have a deep understanding of all that went on here, I know this much: there is, between members/leaders/I don't-even-know-who, secrecy.  One keeps secrets from their enemy so that they will fall.  Nopony's enemies here; this project HAS no enemies.  There's no need for secrets.
I think that may well be the core of the problem; secrecy.  The only other suggestion I have is respect.  Everypony, respect each other.  Ya know what that means?  No profanity, no discussion of private matters--you know what I mean here, don't try to twist my words--and, in general, follow the rules of this forum when interacting outside of the forum.  Family friendly rules are actually LIFE friendly.  It's a really healthy way to live, for your friendships and for your own souls.  Be kind to each other, everypony, and we've got no excuse not to smile all day!  I hope to see the "Dumb things that Annoy You" thread die of inactivity!

Teal Turken

um...I'm not sure if there's a thread about it so...what are these awards about?
I've got this "Tin foil hat" with a description that reads "The truth shall be revealed"

APonyFarce

2013 May 28, 18:53:10 #34 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 18:56:41 by APonyFarce
I can only speak for myself but as a team member this all seems super blown out of proportion. When this all started going down I read the arguments and came out of them just kind of thinking "so what?" The accusations didn't square with my experiences, the evidence seemed trumped-up and largely inconsequential, and I wasn't feeling any of the injustice I was apparently supposed to feel.

Now admittedly I'm not someone who's ever cared about team politics or whatever so I'm not "in the loop" as much as I could be but my point here is that you shouldn't take this to mean there's some kind of grand mutiny or slow descent into chaos or whatever else you might be inclined to expect and you shouldn't necessarily take what you hear at face value, either. I'm just one cog in the machine and the only team leader I've had an appreciable amount of interaction with is Bloomberg but I've never gotten the impression that he's only in it for the fame or doesn't care about the game, and I've never felt uncomfortable voicing my concerns nor have I ever felt like he was keeping secrets from me. I won't say that nobody has any concerns but the team leads have been making a point of being open and discussing things with anybody who has issues they want to talk about and for the most part things have been going on pretty much the way they always have. My advice is that you shouldn't be concerned about this "tension" because in all honesty from where I'm standing the whole thing seems like a manufactured controversy.
Writing this game gives me an excuse to advertise: FIMFiction/DeviantArt

Sea Foam

It seems clear that the majority of people here know at least some of the details of recent events. Most people here have read the documents, chat logs, posts, etc. Most people have, at the very least, a basic overview of what happened.
     My only question is, why hasn't there been any kind of official statement? Why is all the information coming from these secret 'back alley' places?
     There is a clear 'tension' in the air regardless if some people think things have been blown out of proportion which, at this point, they may very well have been. It's upsetting to see this community fall into a pit of controversy and mistrust over something so seemingly immature.

As far as I can see, nothing has been officially acknowledged and this whole 'awards' thing, though I may be entirely wrong, seems like a huge distraction from the issues. If this is the case, it's incredibly disappointing and almost insulting to consider that they think this whole situation can be nullified by some flashy badges. I hope I'm wrong in saying that they seem to be dancing around the problem and hoping that the whole thing just blows over, but I can't think of any other reason for this 'award' thing.

I do not think that the game is collapsing and I do not think the team is either.  What I do think is that this whole mess has gone on much farther than it ever should have, all the while glorifying to some magnificent controversy. People are at an unrest and, to the best of my knowledge, not much is being done to fix anything.

The problem is this consternation in the community and the lack of administrative attention to it. After this is cleared up, then progress can move forward to making the team more efficient, which it seems to need to be.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

~Durpy

:]
Audio team is best team. We are in perfect harmony :3
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: ~Durpy on 2013 May 28, 19:28:45
:]
Audio team is best team. We are in perfect harmony :3

Same rule for the Audio ponys in the audio thread

Teal Turken

2013 May 28, 19:34:34 #38 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 20:24:13 by Teal Turken
I feel like I'm not going to get enough time to relax and share my collected thoughts before everyone has "moved on" from this incident.
It'll just look like me dwelling on a dead subject. Don't expect to hear my thoughts...

EDIT
Spoiler: My only collected thoughts as of 5/28/13, Tuesday • show
I feel like crying, I HAVE been crying.
I never cared too much for the game itself, but rather I cared that a large group of people gathered together and decided to freely put their time and efforts into producing a product that under almost all other circumstances only paid people would work on together. There was no thought of reward, no money or fame to be gained.
In the previous year, there was one who was part of the team seeking fame, Raindrop. Raindrop wanted all credit for everyone's work, to be recognized for making the game. The other members were upset by this and left him. While everyone shunned him, we missed the fact that others in the team wanted credit, wanted fame.
Fame is such a thing that leads to devious actions and lies, secrecy and even betrayal. I wanted to believe that people, not bronies, could all get together and work towards a project without a single thought of reward.
The immense betrayal of trust, the lies and the secrecy has nearly that belief. In my life I've had more and more reason to distrust those in positions of power and now...I have no faith or trust for them. These team leaders and members were supposed to be friends, trusting and honest of each other. If these people cannot overcome greed then what of MY friends?
I won't ever share my personal experiences with trust...but at this rate, I won't trust a soul on this planet other than myself with anything in the next 5 years.

That's all I have today. I don't know when I'll feel fine enough to return to activity...

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 May 28, 19:34:34
I feel like I'm not going to get enough time to relax and share my collected thoughts before everyone has "moved on" from this incident.
It'll just look like me dwelling on a dead subject. Don't expect to hear my thoughts...
please do share.  this thread is for everyone to share their opinion, and opinions are for sharing.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up