Wanders Tavern [Open-RP]

Started by DrifterCrow, 2017 Sep 14, 16:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DrifterCrow

All across the world, a strange magical door has appeared in several different locations at the same time. Doors appearing on the walls of mountains and cliffs, on the walls of abandoned houses and shacks, or even appearing in the middle of a field, a forest, or an oasis. Beyond these doors, leads to the Wanders Tavern. A place of food, drink, and rest. A magical tavern run by a single pony.

Now the tavern is open. Who will walk through that door?
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ScarletInk

(Oh, nice idea, I want to try!)

Spoiler: show
: Scarlet Ink

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance:

Personality: kind and maternal, can get overbearing and reckless when faced with danger or needs to protect somepony else; also impulsive, doesn't always reflect before acting

*Scarlet wasn't really looking when she walked through the door behind her library: she had her hooves filled with books donated by some citizens and so she just opened the first door she saw with her tail eye.
Too bad she's shortsighted and her glasses don't cover her tail eye, so she didn't notice that the door she opened appeared two meters from her actual backdoor.*

Ok, now I'll put you all in your place and...

*Glancing up, she finally notices that she definitely didn't enter her library.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

DrifterCrow

A sage green stallion is seen polishing a glass cup. He looks up and smiles. "Ah, welcome," he says. "Please, have a seat, I'll be right with you in a moment."

He points towards the bar stools and tables in the room before he sets down the glass cup. The stallion casually walks over to the end of the bar, opposite to the door.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ScarletInk

W-what? Wait, sorry... o_O

*Scarlet puts her precious books down on a table before looking around: this SURELY isn't her library, but she knows the road to it by memory, how could have she wandered into a completely different place? A different place that she's certain wasn't around before?
Still, to be polite, she sits down and waits for the stallion to arrive to ask questions.*

Gamepaw

Spoiler: I Think the restaurant looks a little like this? • show

Spoiler: Gamepaw - Chubby Wolf • show

Name: Gamepaw
Species: Wolf
Colours: General base fur colour is a dark Navy (#453b66), He has multiple patches of (#8c73c9), longer, fluffy fur (#765fa7) such as around his (#5a4e86) hind legs or his neck. (#816bbb) Which are multiple shades of lighter purple (#7062a7). On the tips of his paws and his inner ears he has a pale purple (bba6ff). He also has a dark to light blue gradient tail and mane. Which goes from the darker (#42459a) to the much lighter (#7d8df1). He also has light blue eyes (#74d4ff). His pawpads happen to be a lighter blue-ish purple in colours (#9d94fb).
Personality: Gamepaw is a fairly outgoing wolf, not to shy down from anything, bullies and the like. He tends to be kind, fatherly or loving, enjoying looking after others and will even put himself in the way if he sees something he doesn't like. He also tends to very food absorbing, commonly seen eating some sort of baked good, mainly pie as his favourite.
However as a feral or a pet character, he is fairly helpless due to his chubbiness getting the better of him, he can also be scared or become afraid very easily, due to his large weight and general helplessness if he knows something will happen and he knows he can't get away or escape.
Physical Description:  A pudgy wolf by no doubt as his constant snacking catches up with him, but it doesn't cause him much of an issue outside of his feral/pet form. Comparatively being a lot skinnier than the four legged counterpart. As an anthro character he also sometimes has a long extended tail, capable of wrapping around things such as others or his neck like a scarf. As a pet, he can normally been seen with a purple collar on, however it keeps having to be replaced due to his weight and size.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Pet:
He was found by a pet shop and was kept their for a short period before the pet shop closed down and he was the only one left. He was sold to a friend of Raven (his master) who gave him to her as a birthday present. Due to his beginning in life, Game has acquired a small fear of going outside or being put into containers, as he remembers back to the pet store and being put into dark boxes, unable to see. Being took outside or put into containers or crates, makes him feel like he is being abandoned all over again and while the fear somewhat fades over time with Raven, it still makes him avoid going outside unless absolutely necessary.
Feral/Wild:
Being a lazy wolf Game got chubby fairly quickly and failed at keeping up with his fellow pack, who had eventually disowned him and left him to his own devices. Being the slow wolf that he was he found it incredibly difficult to keep himself fed, as all the animals were too fast for him. He eventually settled for mainly grown things, such as berries or fallen apples. Occasionally having to eat meat, the only sources he could find are ones he had to find already passed their prime or those that required digging up.
Anthro/Taur-General:
Raised in an orphanage the wolf stood out a lot as being the only wolf in the building, he didn't really like it there and never got along well with the other kids, however he managed to turn the somewhat bad start into a success. He was a lazy wolf, found snacking things pretty much all the time. He was fond of computers and studied it a lot during school and eventually college.

Game slowly made his way through the forest he called a home, once again he had to re-locate. "Darn shrinking tree's," the pudgy wolf complained. He had once again grown too large for his tree home and was blaming the tree.

He continued in a fairly straight line, dodging trees and vines as they littered the forest. That was, until his powerful smeller picked up a scent, it smelled amazing. The wolf had tasted some pony food and it was definitely better than the food the forest provided for him, this did not even compare.

The rounded canine changed direction and followed his might nose, towards a fairly simple looking piece of wood. It was carved, looked a bit like what ponies enter there houses with.

Circling the door a few times in either direction, Game was confused by its sudden appearance and decided to finally knock on it with his forepaws. Didn't make the same sound as pony hooves, only make something dull thumps.

DrifterCrow

2017 Sep 14, 17:48:24 #5 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 14, 17:51:54 by DrifterCrow
The pony picks up a menu from the counter and walks over to the table where Scarlet is. He places down the menu in front of her on the table and takes one glance at her. The stallion smiles and says, "I see that you are confused. Don't worry, everyone is like that when they first enter through the door. You aren't the first."

"Anyway, this is the menu. You can have a look at what you want. Basically anything you want in the world. For now, let's start with drinks. Anything you have in mind?" he says, standing calm and collective.
______

The door opens on its own as if inviting the pudgy wolf in.

(It is more of a mixture between the open Tavern RPs that I have been in and the idea of the magical door leading to a restaurant of another world. The tavern is still in the same plane of existence as the world itself, just in a location that is impossible to reach for any creature. Which is why the door exists.)

ScarletInk

Oh, ehm...

*We'll, since she's here, she may as well enjoy some hot beverage, she was going to make herself some tea anyway...*

Absolutely anything? ... Even... some hot cocoa?

*And where did that wolf come from? She's sure she would have noticed it while walking.*

DrifterCrow

"Very well. Hot cocoa coming right up," the tavern keeper says as he walks back behind the bar counter. He walks over to the wooden door and opens it up, walking through it. The door closes behind him.

Gamepaw

Game peered inside and cautiously stepped inside, normally he would hide from ponies but the smell was too enticing for the food loving wolf and he made his way towards the displayed food.

(Size wise, Chubwoofer is shorter than the ponies and can fit between their legs but is wider cause Chubwoofer.)

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper walks out of the door with the hot cocoa on a tray. He notices the wolf and rolls his eyes. He bucks the door shut and whatever 'displayed food' the wolf is seeing disappears. The entrance also closes as the wolf enters inside. He looks over to the wolf and says, "If you want food, find yourself a place to sit. I'll be with you in a moment."

The tavern keeper walks over to Scarlet and places down a hot cocoa on the table. "Here you go. Enjoy," he says as he walks back on over to the bar counter.

(Note: The food and drinks will be in the same preference as what the character wants. The tavern can also make food and drink items that hasn't been made known to the public. In other words, if a character made up their own sauce, food, or drink and didn't share the recipe with anyone, the tavern is able to replicate the same exact item.)

Gamepaw

Game panicked a little as the door closed and the food disappeared but he did as he was told and went to find a seat. However, unable to clamber up onto a seat the chubby canine instead simply sat on the floor and used the chair as a table and awaited the pony.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper watches the wolf as he tried to sit on the chair. He smiled at the sight of the attempt and walks over to the wolf. Upon reaching the wolf, he asks, "Welcome, what would you like to eat and drink?"

Gamepaw

"Pie!" Game said quickly, it was a favourite of his from his time near a pony town. However, the wolf quickly came to a realisation, he can't speak pony and they can't understand him.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper nods as if he understood and says, "One pie coming right up. I'll be back in a moment."

He walks to back behind the bar counter and opens the door. He walks into it and the door closes behind him.

Gamepaw

Game tilted his head in confusion, how did the pony understand him? The pudgy wolf's tail wagged and banged against the floor, he isn't sure how but he is getting food.

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper walks out of the door with a fresh baked pie. The door closes behind him. The tavern keeper walks over to the wolf and sets down the pie in front of him. "Here you go, one pie," he says. He walks back behind the bar counter, resuming to clean the glass cup.

Gamepaw

Game sniffs the pie cautiously, before eagerly digging into it and well, wolfing it down.

It was magical, he has never tasted what ponies would call 'good food' but he knew, he knew, that this was the best pie ever created. He didn't eat it slowly to savour the taste, but it lit up his taste buds like the sun.

(I`m bad at making things sound amazing.)

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper looks on over to Scarlet. He says, "If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Like I have mentioned before, you aren't the first to be confused upon entering this place."

He takes a glance towards the wolf as it eats the pie. He smiles at the sight. The tavern keeper looks down at the glass cup and sets it down, picking up another glass cup and cleaning it.

Spoiler:  Tavern Layout • show
To those who are curious, the tavern's layout is much like that of a medieval fantasy tavern. And the furniture ain't all the that different either.

Upon entering the tavern, the bar counter, bar stools, and the traditional tavern keeper, are located on the right side. The door leading to the "kitchen" is also on the right side, five feet away from the magical door. The dining area, on the left side of the tavern, contains both rectangular and round tables, with the benches and round chairs. There is also a spot for entertainers on the left corner, opposite to the door. There is a set of stairs on the opposite side of the magical door, leading up to the rooms. There are five rooms, all vacant. Underneath the set of stairs is another door leading to a much larger room for fully grown dragons and large creatures. The magical door leading to that room is a very large wooden gate with iron coverings, and large sign attached to it that says "Wanders Tavern".

Onyx Quill

(I'll bite. :)  )

Spoiler: show
Name: Onyx Quill
 Type: Earth Pony
 Cutie Mark: A Quill and Inkwell

From a young age, Onyx Quill was always fascinated by his grandfather's stories about fighting dragons in distant lands. His grandfather told stories of daring battles against long odds, and of fighting to protect his home. They provided a great way to pass the time on the small farm where Onyx lived.

Little Onyx was always full of wanderlust and curiosity about the world. He often liked to run off from the farm and hop trains to distant towns and cities. This, of course, got him in big trouble with his parents. He also loved reading and, most of all, writing his own stories.
 At the age of 16, his family farm failed due to several bad harvests. They moved into a poor house in Hoofington. After a few months, Onyx left for Canterlot to find work there. After working a few odd jobs around Hearth's Warming, he saw a recruiting poster for the Equestrian Army. He enlisted, and was sent off to fight a war in a distant land.
 Onyx's experiences in that war left a deep impression on him. He saw friends die, and did things he regretted.
 When the war ended, Onyx came home. His parents were living in a small house in Hoofington now, and he lived with them for a few months until the urge to travel and tell stories came back.

For several years, he has traveled Equestria as a wandering storyteller/writer. He keeps himself busy to avoid thinking about the war. He has slowly started to come to terms with his experiences, and may talk about what he went through in the war to close friends.

Onyx Quill was, to put it delicately, quite confused. It had just been a normal trip to Canterlot. See some old army friends, eat some great donuts at Pony Joe's. It was this second thing that had gotten him out of bed at 5:30am today. He'd made the familiar trek through the dim streets to the donut shop, pushed open the door, stepped in, and found himself... here.

He had no idea where "here" was.
 It definitely wasn't a donut shop... It reminded him of those old, medieval-style taverns one usually saw in fantasy books.

He growled in annoyance. The odds of getting a decent cup of coffee, let alone a custard-filled carrot cake eclair, were woefully small here. He saw the tavern keeper busily cleaning a glass, and gave a pleasant smile.

This tavern keeper might have placed a magic inter-dimensional portal inside the greatest donut shop in Equestria, but that was no excuse for Onyx to be rude.
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 14, 22:30:34The tavern keeper looks on over to Scarlet. He says, "If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Like I have mentioned before, you aren't the first to be confused upon entering this place."

He takes a glance towards the wolf as it eats the pie. He smiles at the sight. The tavern keeper looks down at the glass cup and sets it down, picking up another glass cup and cleaning it.

Spoiler:  Tavern Layout • show
To those who are curious, the tavern's layout is much like that of a medieval fantasy tavern. And the furniture ain't all the that different either.

Upon entering the tavern, the bar counter, bar stools, and the traditional tavern keeper, are located on the right side. The door leading to the "kitchen" is also on the right side, five feet away from the magical door. The dining area, on the left side of the tavern, contains both rectangular and round tables, with the benches and round chairs. There is also a spot for entertainers on the left corner, opposite to the door. There is a set of stairs on the opposite side of the magical door, leading up to the rooms. There are five rooms, all vacant. Underneath the set of stairs is another door leading to a much larger room for fully grown dragons and large creatures. The magical door leading to that room is a very large wooden gate with iron coverings, and large sign attached to it that says "Wanders Tavern".

*Scarlet was enjoying her cocoa, finding out it tasted just as she liked it, amd watching the tavern keeper interact with the wolf, pondering about her questions.
But now that she's being spoken to directly, she puts down her mug.*

Where are we? I'm pretty sure this tavern wasn't around yesterday and I also think, I wasn't paying attention to it, that the door may have appeared on the back of my library.

Go Up