previous topic - next topic

Go Down

OfficerShields

2014 Feb 05, 12:31:16 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 13, 23:59:02 by OfficerShields
--- OC#1 For my fan fiction titled "Control"
Name: Shelly Shields
Pony Race: Unicorn
Hometown: Manehattan
Physical Description:  Dark blue coat, honey blonde mane w/ bright blue highlights
Eyes: Brown iris (wears glasses)
Cutie Mark: Hoofcuffs

Personality: Her affinity to accomplish critical assignments as an independent cell working outside the law has left her with more scars than she cares to admit, and not just on the outside. After leaving Manehattan, her checkered past became the foundation of her inability to become close with other ponies and her firm belief that ponies by nature are incredibly selfish.

She enjoys listening to jazz music, eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and helping the residents of Ponyville.

Backstory: In Manehattan she was the commissioner's top pony, and trusted her to carry out top tier assignments that often required her to work outside the law. She was incredibly wealthy, wanting for next to nothing, and she had entered a long-running relationship with her best friend and partner Cal Gold. But all these blessings did not stop Shelly from waking every night in a panic, sweating in her bed as she remembered the innocent lives she had ruined through her loose acknowledgment of the law.

She had been through enough, and was sick of the corruption that she herself was contributing to. It was time for a new start. Ignoring her power-hungry commissioner's threats and demands, she quit her job at the MPD and hit the road, not saying so much as "Goodbye" to Cal, her beloved partner. The commissioner had his contacts strip Shelly of all her wealth and branded her a coward. Her reputation was shattered.
   Shelly traveled for a month and seven days, living in poverty as she was unable to pay for food or a roof above her head, only occasionally getting either at the kindness of other ponies. With what little energy she had left, she shuffled down one last dirt road and came upon a quaint little town. Ponies here were smiling, and the atmosphere seemed much different than what she had felt before.

Too weak to continue traveling, she knew this was where she would find her new beginning.

Current Ocupation: Ponyville Police Pony

--- OC#3
Name: Apple Pancake
Pony Race: Earth Pony
Hometown: Appleloosa
Physical Description:  Tan Coat, Brown Mane with Blonde Highlight
Eyes: Blue Eyes
Cutie Mark: sliced apples on a stack of pancakes

Personality: AP is a chipper young filly with a heart of gold. She is honest, courageous, and compassionate but on the darkest of days she can be selfish and cruel, especially when confronted by her parents regarding her future. She enjoys manual labor and cares deeply for her family and friends (who she also considers family.)

When she's not working the fields of her family's apple orchard, you can find Apple fishing, studying, or playing with her friends.

Backstory: Born and raised in Appleloosa, AP's the brightest in her class, having been raised by her parents to understand the value of education, but is adamant about wanting to stay and work the fields in her hometown. When she was 10, Apple Pancake saved the life of a tourist and was revered as a town hero.

Current Ocupation: Farm Hand and Student

DawnsEmbrace

I like her.

She seems just in-between too dark, and just dark enough, on what seems to be her own personal road to redemption.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading it.
<br />

OfficerShields

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Feb 05, 14:35:34
I like her.

She seems just in-between too dark, and just dark enough, on what seems to be her own personal road to redemption.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you very much; I've tried to keep her appropriate for kids as well as entertaining for adults. The first chapter of her origin story is up right now if you'd like to take a look  ^-^

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10399.0

DawnsEmbrace

I'd love to read it!
Though it will have to be later tonight or tomorrow, as I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
<br />

OfficerShields

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Feb 05, 15:46:55
I'd love to read it!
Though it will have to be later tonight or tomorrow, as I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

Sounds great! Feel free to post your thoughts on the discussion thread later; it helps a lot  X3 thanks

Gracie Sky

I'm actually a bit worried what this "outside the law" and this "corrupt commissioner" business is. I think somepony needs to inform Princess Celestia to give a surprise evaluation for the law enforcement in Manehatten.

I also find it difficult to see her unable to support herself considering how much she excels at getting things done through any means.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

OfficerShields

2014 Feb 06, 00:13:08 #6 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 13, 00:07:23 by OfficerShields
Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2014 Feb 05, 19:41:12
I'm actually a bit worried what this "outside the law" and this "corrupt commissioner" business is. I think somepony needs to inform Princess Celestia to give a surprise evaluation for the law enforcement in Manehatten.

I also find it difficult to see her unable to support herself considering how much she excels at getting things done through any means.

I understand your points, and thank you for voicing them.

If I can attempt to clear the haze here, the way Shelly operates changes over time. At first she is a renegade willing to do whatever she wants to satisfy herself, but after she leaves Manehattan she becomes more or less "reformed." This is primarily the reason why she is unable to provide for herself, as she has (1) never had to worry about it due to her immense wealth and (2) is no longer willing to lie, cheat, or steal to get what she wants (or in this case, needs.)

Thanks for the critique Gracie!

Go Up