August Open Server Weekend Feedback Thread!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Aug 16, 14:08:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

McClaw

Quote from: Moon Pearl on 2015 Aug 23, 22:25:30
I still want to know if there will be, maybe, kinda, sorta, probably just one option to turn chose between Pegasi or Bat Ponies. Please  :D? Programers?

That might make an interesting costume item, although it might block back armor.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Stadtfuchs

Well, things, i missed in game:

- Multilanguage: an option, to switch prefered language
- Option for questhelp (arrow, which leads me to the questposition)
- Questbook: it wasn´t very clear, in my opinion
- Bad chat-window: it was very hard, to chat or to take attention to it
- NPC: they should be more lively
- Traveling: pls set in a shortcut for traveling (i was to stupid to travel from cloudsdale to ponyville)

Greetings :)

soul singer

first the animation is amazing :D. just the shadows and the sun set are really great.
now for the naging DD: it kept trying to log me out, but that could have just been because of my poor conection. other than that its great.  X3

Moon Pearl

It's a shame l missed it. Everypony speaks wonders about the game. l'm eagerly waiting the next server Weekend.

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

Spacecase101

All of the complaints I have had while playing it were already addressed by others earlier, so their is no point in dredging what everyone else has said. I thought it is a great game and had loads of fun playing it, and cant wait for the next OSW. My only real regret was I didn't have enough time to get to know it due to work, I'll have to schedual some free time to explore it more. All in all the Legend of Equestria team deserve a lot of praise for this accomplishment.  :nod:

LIFE AS STRANGE AS IT SEEMS.
IT LIES ON ITS SIDE AND SCREAMS!!
We are many...We are one...HOMELINGS!! Mucho of de Wooting!!

Striving Scholar

Hey there, sorry my feedback is a bit late, but here are my thoughts on the game. I overall really enjoyed it, but there were some things that I think should be brought up. Some of these things have probably been mentioned already, but I'll bring them up again, just in case:

-The Stomp attack was pretty useless for me, as it didn't really damage enemies. Not sure if I wasn't using it correctly, but overall I had to rely on other attacks to beat foes.

-Sometimes the houses were kind of non-existent, making it feel broken, but still fun to hide in.

-The journal feature really didn't do anything; it chimed when a new quest was accepted, but remained blank, making it a memory challenge to remember the accepted tasks. Especially for tasks that involved locating a particular NCP as there were few times when they could be easily located. I mostly found them by luck or by accident.

-The guards patrolling around have the option to talk with them, but they don't say anything. I'm not sure if it's still a work in progress, but it doesn't make much sense to me to have the option available at the moment.

-One last and probably the biggest problem I found, is when I broke the game...there was one spot in SCC where I just tried to fly through the rails into the upper seating area to the left of the entrance, (the spot that had a massive dance party Friday on the Equus server I think) but somehow it pulled me in and I was trapped in the wall...along with a few other ponies who tried to help out or found the same problem. I ended up having to recreate the character to play it again but luckily I hadn't done much with him at the time to sweat too much. I had also heard there was some code to use to unstick yourself, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Aside from these things, it was a fantastic game and I thoroughly enjoyed trying it out. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next Open Server event. :D

biddybabe2003

I LOVED the design. the ponies and scenery were beautiful! :D BUT there was one fatal flaw that prevented me from playing longer than a few minutes at a time...  :c The camera. One minute everything was great! i was exploring, running and flying around. i would stop to talk to some pony or perform an emote action or anything really, and the camera would snap over top of my pony so i was looking down on her and when i tried to put it back it wouldn't stay. I couldn't tell where I was going and more often than not ended up getting mad and quitting.  ovO So i love the design and the concept but i physically can not play a game that i can't even tell what direction I'm going in or whats going on around me.  ono D:

Lightning Sparks

2015 Aug 28, 17:01:25 #87 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 28, 17:05:23 by Lightning Sparks
 :o it´s a shame i missed it, really, i will wate for the next one, please be soon... >A<

Post Merge

Quote from: afalmeda on 2015 Aug 21, 04:50:42

Genial amigo, me suscribo, soy brony tubber también.
Androsii ;D, if you want to send me a PM go on. Hablo español.

EveryponyEveryday

So late to this, but I had to go to my dad's on the days of the open server. He doesn't have internet. I didn't want to even go there, and me being excited for it as soon as it was announced, I wasn't happy with my mom. I guess I have to wait another season

Moon Pearl

Quote from: EveryponyEveryday on 2015 Sep 01, 21:59:20
So late to this, but I had to go to my dad's on the days of the open server. He doesn't have internet. I didn't want to even go there, and me being excited for it as soon as it was announced, I wasn't happy with my mom. I guess I have to wait another season

I would've done anything to prevent that If I was you :o!! Now you must seek REVENGE  >:O!!!!!! Oh, and wait for another season and this time lock the door to avoid unwanted invitations to go to see you father. I know, I do hate to go with him as well.

Natfoth

Quote from: Striving Scholar on 2015 Aug 26, 15:48:48
Hey there, sorry my feedback is a bit late, but here are my thoughts on the game. I overall really enjoyed it, but there were some things that I think should be brought up. Some of these things have probably been mentioned already, but I'll bring them up again, just in case:

-The Stomp attack was pretty useless for me, as it didn't really damage enemies. Not sure if I wasn't using it correctly, but overall I had to rely on other attacks to beat foes.

-Sometimes the houses were kind of non-existent, making it feel broken, but still fun to hide in.

-The journal feature really didn't do anything; it chimed when a new quest was accepted, but remained blank, making it a memory challenge to remember the accepted tasks. Especially for tasks that involved locating a particular NCP as there were few times when they could be easily located. I mostly found them by luck or by accident.

-The guards patrolling around have the option to talk with them, but they don't say anything. I'm not sure if it's still a work in progress, but it doesn't make much sense to me to have the option available at the moment.

-One last and probably the biggest problem I found, is when I broke the game...there was one spot in SCC where I just tried to fly through the rails into the upper seating area to the left of the entrance, (the spot that had a massive dance party Friday on the Equus server I think) but somehow it pulled me in and I was trapped in the wall...along with a few other ponies who tried to help out or found the same problem. I ended up having to recreate the character to play it again but luckily I hadn't done much with him at the time to sweat too much. I had also heard there was some code to use to unstick yourself, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Aside from these things, it was a fantastic game and I thoroughly enjoyed trying it out. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next Open Server event. :D

Thanks for the feedback! We will be sure to check them out.

The book is going through a total redesign as most of the features of the book are just missing.

The guards are also a work in progress, in the future they will have many more interactions and dialog.

There are quite a few issues with SCC. We are are defiantly looking into getting that place really cleaned up especially since we had so many ponies partying during the last OSW!

Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

Moon Pearl

Mr Programmer..could you add bat ponies as subspecies of pegasus, please? :D

McClaw

Quote from: Moon Pearl on 2015 Sep 04, 14:10:18
Mr Programmer..could you add bat ponies as subspecies of pegasus, please? :D

Beware, or you'll just get dorky-looking costume bat wings for your pony to wear. ;)
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Moon Pearl

2015 Sep 04, 15:35:15 #93 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 04, 15:37:08 by Moon Pearl
Quote from: McClaw on 2015 Sep 04, 14:32:21
Beware, or you'll just get dorky-looking costume bat wings for your pony to wear. ;)

I'll take it if with that my OC can still look as a bat pony D:!!

Natfoth

Quote from: McClaw on 2015 Sep 04, 14:32:21

*sets down his tape and scissors and looks around*
Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

Spacecase101

2015 Sep 04, 20:57:31 #95 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 04, 21:01:00 by Spacecase101
Quote from: Moon Pearl on 2015 Sep 04, 15:35:15
I'll take it if with that my OC can still look as a bat pony D:!!
I am vengence! I am the night! I AM BATPONY!! O:

LovleySunny

2015 Sep 05, 05:22:14 #96 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 05, 14:49:13 by LaptopBrony
I really enjoyed this server... I'm sad cause it closed ALREADY...  D: But I really  <3 those servers :3 , keep making them and
it'll shine!!! I can't wait for them to be completly finished!  0:)
~Sunny

Caiz

I was curious of this for some time now, how long do you think it'll be before you guys have this RPG open on a more permanent front?
-The Forsaken And Vengeful Son-

Moon Pearl

Quote from: Spacecase101 on 2015 Sep 04, 20:57:31
I am vengence! I am the night! I AM BATPONY!! O:

Somepony has been playing Arkham Knight a lot  o.O............

Spacecase101

Quote from: Moon Pearl on 2015 Sep 06, 00:15:45
Somepony has been playing Arkham Knight a lot  o.O............
Meebee...I wonder who? :/

Go Up