August Open Server Weekend Feedback Thread!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Aug 16, 14:08:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

atarumenchi

Now let's get the feedback going
first off, the Pros:
- combat system slight improvement over the past few OSWs (all the attacks work and inclusion of heals for everypony was a nice touch (I'm sure there will be character classes in the future to remedy who plays what with whatever race))
- a few new quests were added (at least I found a new one in crystal kingdom
- crystal kingdom actually HAS PONIES!
- new leveling system
- stats display in the inventory screen
- current player levels displayed below other player's names
- MY OC ROSE PETAL LIVES (well, I was able to build her back up anyways with no issues)

Now for a few of the cons:
- quests can be confusing still, and not all of them had ! quest markers like they should
- the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong quest lines can be a hassle for new players not being able to find the NPC's location (thankfully, I've been here since before they had to change the names due to Hasbro saying not to use the real places)
- system messages for leveling up spam floods chat
- friends system doesn't display every friend you add
- quests still don't have the objectives written in the quest log
- still can't equip nurse's cap
- some of the mane models still have a clipping issue where it doesn't solidify and gaps depending on the style (the twin pig tails for example of which I will point out in a picture I will soon post.
- going from area to area and having to wait for the system to attempt to move you into the next available spot issue has returned without the option to cancel the load and return to the screen, forcing alt+f4 closure for full screen users
- combat system is still clunky

here's the hair issues I mentioned before
All in all, the game keeps getting better with every open server

Liluca

oooooooommmmgggggggg i loved this OSW! it was amazing! i didn't get to play long though.  >A< suggestions: what if you added the ability for pegasi to spread their wings? whilst standing i mean. also walking! YAY
Yeah.

Lynxi

I loved the game, though, there were flying timberwolves, it was hard to find a NPC, and the fighting was a little boring. But I can't wait for the lamp  ovO  I wish there were jobs, like gathering and crafting like Aion  D: ...Or being a guard  DD: But still, the game is amazing, so many changes and it was fun playing and meeting people. Thanks everyone for making this AMAZING game.  <3

rainbowsparkle123

Quote from: Ellowee on 2015 Aug 16, 14:08:37
Hey there, everypony! Hope you're enjoying/enjoyed the world of Equestria this weekend!

We're coming towards the end of the open server event now, but there's still time to get in and make friends before we have to take everything offline again. Obviously, though, Legends of Equestria is still a project that's in development; and we've got a ways to go yet before it's completely done. These open server events are super useful to us; not only do they give us a chance to show off what we've been working on and give you time to see and enjoy everything we've spent so much time and effort making for you, we also get to stress test all our systems in the background, to see what falls apart and needs to be duct taped back together.

The most important thing, however, is the feedback we get from you. That tells us how you feel about the new additions to the game, and the game in general - what you think is good, what could be better, what else you'd like to see. Even if you don't have a suggestion but just want to tell us what you think, it's always fantastic to hear from you guys.

So, that's what this thread is for! If you've got anything you want to show or tell us, this is the place to do it. Any suggestions about improvements or additions, any screenshots or videos you want us to see, or just a general message for the team - pop them here, and we'll go over all of it; and with your help, we can make Legends of Equestria the best game we possibly can!

Looking forward to seeing what you all have to say - and thanks once again for another great weekend!

could also develop a tracking system to find horses for quest because i get tired running around looking for poeple for a quest

Post Merge

develop a tracking system for quest

BliSer

2015 Aug 18, 16:55:28 #64 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 18, 17:18:16 by BliSer
This OSE came out amazing! Thank you to all the LoE crew! And I don't want the next OSE to be in a short time. Why? Because I don't think I can handle this amount of fun once again in a month or two ^-^

Of course, there were some issues this time too, like several bird-eye view freezes, no indication of how far you are from levelup, glitchy shadows sometimes,
Spoiler: show

an overcrowded global chat... But all of them are bearable. And the ones that are not beareble are already in a bugs reports section.

But everything else was great! Armor, guards, new areas, shadows in general, new inventory interface and item tooltips. And socks! Now we need dyeable socks. And there were no any big lags (big enough to call it inconvenient) even when all three servers merged into one. Only my framerate dropped to about 10-15 fps. The client was stable too. My game crashed only once and only because I forgot to add it to Avast's exclusions. Also, was it added this OSE that "/time" command effect applies to all the server and you don't need to type it every time you come to another location? This is pretty good.

Suggestions? As someone mentioned above, there is no indication of when you are being attacked. Also, I want lanterns carried by guard ponies to be obtainable by players. They are beautiful!

valex44568

Another amazing OSW. Just a few things that still need to be worked on:

1)Sometimes when fighting enemies, they would slowly walk up into the air after me whenever I flew up to recover health.
2)The level 30 dragon in the Heartlands would sometimes walk into and below the ground.
3)A working quest book would be nice.
4)It would also be nice if the dragons in the Everfree dropped stuff in addition to xp.
5)The combat is still a little clunky.
6)The day/night cycle is a little too long. Often times I would log-on and find that it was night or about to be night. This isn't necessarily bad, but I missed out on the chance to fully enjoy the new shadow effects during the day.

Other than these few nitpicks, I have thoroughly been enjoying my time in Equestria.

KirbyFluttershy

Well This OSW is good and the best I ever played and seen so far.

As much as things needs to be worked on

1. Experience Points - It's hard to tell how much exp you have and how much exp you need for the next level
2. Max MP and Increased MP regen - Well Max MP and MP regen has (or needs) to be increased after each level I believe, but the max MP and MP regen has to be based on species. usually unicorns needs more MP than earth ponies and pegasis.
3. Map - Probably larger map with landmarks where the places and NPCs are would be nice.
and 4. Looting - I Don't like people that can ninja loot from the mob you killed.  Adding shared loot to the participants that are fighting the mob would be a good idea to prevent ninja looting.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

albedoequals1

I think the biggest thing you could do to improve playability is develop the map.  Most MMOs have the option to open a large version of the map that shows the player's location and the location of any active quest objectives.  This feature would make a huge difference for all of the quests that require you to talk to a certain person.  It would also be nice to show the location of vendors and attractions, but the quest markers is the biggest thing.

Gypsy

I really wish I could of been there to see it, looks like a lot of people where online and I can see by all the comments it more or less went very smoothly.

Icy Shield

2015 Aug 19, 19:11:34 #69 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 19, 19:26:55 by Icy Shield
Some help with navigation. Symbols on the minimap for shops, portals, quest givers and for other feature related content. Just signs on the rouds is somehow helpfull, but we need to step further  :nod:

Post Merge

Spoiler: show
@KirbyFluttershy
Well This OSW is good and the best I ever played and seen so far.

As much as things needs to be worked on

2. Max MP and Increased MP regen - Well Max MP and MP regen has (or needs) to be increased after each level I believe, but the max MP and MP regen has to be based on species. usually unicorns needs more MP than earth ponies and pegasis.

Indeed, Unicorns does need more magic or faster magic regen here is why: For pegasuses, flight doesn't require to spend stamina to just fly and for earth ponies, they already have increased speed as default. But for unicorns - all their actions including special race ability (teleportation) spend stamina/mana. With zero stamina they are weaker than pegasuses and earth ponies since those races will never run out of increased speed or flight ability even if their stamina at 0%

Let it snow!

Moon Pearl

Brony HOW I WANTED to be able to go there this past weekend. Sadly I had a lot to do, including drawing a couple of OC's for me and my friends to join...and I haven't done mine yet  D:

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

RowanEx

A few seconds in, first thing noticed was the Loading Screens.

No proper.
Rowan Ex is my pen name. I have a clan of pony OCs, three of them... Quantum Dazzle, Opalescence Keyheart Gemstone, and Red Spinwheel. I started from RPing, and now I'm with y'all.

baconjack

i think it needs a task marker on the map to tell you where to go next. i mean i like to explore but when i really want to get things done i have to fly all over the place and talk to every single npc. it gives me a head ach. i like the one that WOW has. its pretty easy to follow. its the best example of what im trying to suggest i guess. thats the biggest problem i had about it.

also i dont have a good mouse and trying to use the keyboard is really awkward. especially when you fly and you have to use the ctrl button. maybe you can designate a button that doesn make you have to do finger twister on the keyboard :/.

it would be cool if we could go into the inside of more buildings and if there were more ponies in them. and more furniture or nick nacks.

ummm, everything looks not lived in. X3 you know like, it doesnt look bussy or like a real town i guess :o

i know its just a test game. but thats the stuff that would make it more enjoyable in the far future for me.

Acryllia

I really loved the game (The best part was that I could fly :3 ) But starting off wasnt quite easy ._. A little tutorial at the beginning when you first enter the game would be nice ^-^ or a pony at each staring spot to tell you how to play, and how to start off  X3 Also a teleport between Cantermore and pony dale that actually worked would be helpful as the long way around takes quite some time  :\ but I assume that was going to get fixed anyways  X3

HomuraZ

2015 Aug 20, 12:30:41 #74 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 20, 16:51:45 by PaperMoon
The OSW surely was pretty amazing even though it ended for me with my PC dying.  D: (It´s not repaired yet  >:O ) As i  sadly have no clue how to make a game or create anything for a game i can only help by giving you guys feedback  :P .

I am just mentioning everything i noticed while playing during the OSW (at least everything i can remember right now) even if some of these thing surely will get fixed in the future anyways i still mention them just to make sure.

Interface:

1. When you first start the game you currently just spawn without any information what to do or where to go a Tutorial explaining the basics of the game and how to get started would be nice.

2. Quests / Shops / Special Enterable Buildings ( SCC for example) should get marked on the map with symbols.

3. A Hotkey to access a Fullscreen map showing a bigger area than the MM does / the hole area.
3.1  A map legend listing and explaining all map symbols (Quests/ Shops/ ...)

4. The Level progress should be visible (simply add an exp bar)

Levels / Leveldesign:

1. As mentioned a couple of times you are currently able to walk through some buildings (noticed that you can walk through almost every building in Ponydale)

2. I surely don´t try to hate on your work but as I took a look at 2 of your Levels ( Evershade Forest / The Mines) I wasn´t 100% convinced of both areas The Mines seam to be only a place to go to grind levels early in the game there wasn´t much to experience other then 2 types of mobs and an ore to mine the Level was a little to tiny for me ... I mean 1 NPC 4-5 mobs and 1 Ore summons the entire area.
The Mines surely have the potenzial for a huge Level with plenty of things to explore so i would like to see you expand the mines a little.

The Evershade forest on the other hand was pretty huge and i liked the fact that it had quite a few different enemies but the area itself looked pretty blank to be completely honest i am not 100% sure myself how to change this the best way but i still feel like there has to be done something about it.

3. You could Mark on the map what Level would be best to enter a certain area.

Other:

1. I am not sure if i just never got lucky or enemies really do drop Bits only i would like each enemie to be able to drop at least 1 item or more.

Example: Diamond Dog                                    Cockatrice                                                   Timberwolf

x Bits (Droprate 80%)                        x Bits (Droprate 75%)                              x Bits (Droprate 60%)
                Bone (Droprate 12%)                         Cockatrice Scale (Droprate 20%)             Branch (Droprate 30%)
                Saphire (Droprate 2,5%)                    Cockatrice Egg (Droprate 5%)                 Timberwolf Teeth (Droprate 10%)
                Ruby (Droprate 2,5%)
                Emerald (Droprate 2,5%)
                Diamond (Droprate 0,5%)

Something like that.

2.You could add lots of diffent types of plants and flowers to collect (some of them rare others common) and Zecora could make all kinds of postions out of them. Basic postions like Health potions and postions with temporary effects like decreased stamina costs or a short time strength boost. Also some flowers/plants could be used to create dye to change the color of your cloth.

3. As this game is a game with alot of social interaction i care alot about how my characters looks like so i would love if you were able to bind armor stats to Cosmetics. I remember that i have seen a forge (i guess it was in Cloudsdale (cant remember the fake name)) so there could be a smith binding your armor stats to cosmetics for Bits.

4. I guess that´s the last point i can currently think of ... When i played the game i felt like grinding levels was pretty easy and pretty fast and since it seamed like LVL 50 is the highest LVL you can currently reach it was way to easy to lvl up also the amount of exp gained for higher LVL enemies seam to increase by to little. What i mean is like LVL 1 enemie = 55 EXP LVL 3 enemie = ~75 EXP the difference should be bigger.

Thats all for now and sorry for my terrible english  X3

Moon Pearl

Inded PaperMoon is right. Although I didn't check the game when It was out, a nice simple tutorial is always welcome in any game.

Sky Pegasus

Hi Everypony, I'm new here!

Hope to play with you all on the next server run. (I'm not sure if my laptop will even run it) lol.

Frozenwings

So, honestly, the only problem I have had with this game is the fact that it's so hard to complete missions since there isn't something like a tracker on the map to show you where to find quests and the ponies that are mentioned in that quest. I don't like running around for hours in this game to find a NPC pony, just so they can mention someone else and make me go find them. Other than that, I love this game!

Also, I find it a bit odd that there's no Alicorn NPC's (not counting the pegasi in armor). I know you guys said you wouldn't add Alicorn's, which I can totally see why since pretty much everyone would choose them and they'd be OP, but these are no more than just characters you guys created and decided to put in the game, they can't really do anything except give you missions. It might just be me, but I personally think having some Alicorn NPC's living in the castles seems to add more character to the areas, you know, put them in the areas they live in the show? This isn't really a requirement, just an idea.  :celestia:

I like flying to high places... ; 3 ;

Moon Pearl

I still want to know if there will be, maybe, kinda, sorta, probably just one option to turn chose between Pegasi or Bat Ponies. Please  :D? Programers?

Go Up