previous topic - next topic

Go Down

-ReiMar-

Spoiler: show

Silky's Art

----------
Sugarcup's Art

----------

*(WIP sketch, no wings, tried to get a nice colour palette)
----------
Anthro version of Serpent Scale by Reginald (not canon obviously~)

----------
Serpent Scale discovering The Grand Hollow by Rubyrue

----------
ComputerDeathglare's Art

----------
A little picture by Griffiths

[/center]

Name: Serpent Scale
Race: Half-Unicorn, Half-Dragon
Note on the Race: People expressed concerns about her being "exactly" Half-Dragon. Well, she's not. But I don't really want to count percentages. She's more Pony, than a Dragon. A Unicorn with broken magic and physique that took just some characteristics of a Dragon. A "Magical Chimera", so to say. Not born this way, but magically infused characteristics of two creatures. Also, she refers to herself as "Quilin". That's the name of the legendary pony-dragon hybrid she once saw in a book.

[spoiler]

Magic Color: Red
Home: A lone farm in Radiant Empire's wilderness
Appearance: She's covered with green scales, her belly is covered with yellow-ish scales. Her eyes are bright green, kinda yellow-ish too. Pupils are normal, although when startled, scared or angry, her pupils become dragon-like, slit. Her mane is green at core and gets brighter to hair's ends. Her hooves are yellow-ish. Her tail got longer, dragon-like. Spikes are located along Scale's spine, as well as four spikes\horns on her head, two in front of each ear. Her Unicorn horn is located between her Dragon horns. Her fangs are visible, but not too long. Her wings are of the average size.
Relationships:

-Fresh Harvest - Scale's stepfather who is the workforce of the farm. He's a big and powerful pony who alone does most chores at the farm. He caught attention of a noble unicorn on his trip to Dawnshine, when some restaurant ordered lots of his vegetables and fruits, for he was selling it cheap. Being bad at business, he usually gained enough money from sole amounts of what he sold. That was destined to change.

-Radiant Strawberry - Scale's stepmother. She is a Unicorn who hails from Dawnshine, but she traded that life to marry a farmer earth pony who visited Dawnshine on one occasion. It was a love at first sight and she followed it with no hesitation. Not even once she regretted that choice. She mostly deals with farm business, striking deals in Dawnshine. Thanks to her efforts, their family was able to leave bigger town and build a secluded farmhold for Scale to grow up in peace.

-Sunstoke - Scale's unicorn stepbrother and a Royal Guard. While not a high ranking Guard, Scale's recent adventures with Sunstroke at her side made him a bit special in eyes of his superiors. He might get a promotion soon.
[spoiler]

-Spider Lily - a pegasus supermodel from Skytopia and Sunstroke's girlfriend. She is very influencial and incredibly popular in both Radiant Empire and Skytopia. She has few simple cybernetic upgrades - Lense Implants and Hairstyling Nanites Implant. First can cover her eyes with sunglasses or magnifying lenses. Second one can change her hairstyle in seconds and makes sure hair look gorgeous even when weather is bad.

-Sin the Earthbound - a Soulbinder Unicorn that sometimes gets in the way of Scale's Treasure Hunting. He's an adopted child and the heir to old Grim Duchess. After she passed away, he became the owner of the Grim Castle and the mountain it is built on. In that desolated place, nobody can get in the way of his experiments.

-Night Sky - an Tribal Earth Pony who travels the world and does some odd jobs to make his bits bag a bit heavier. He uses runes, potions and weird devices to do magic, something not common to Three Empires.

-Ebon Scar - a Quilin form created by Black Crystal Heart. This Crystal Artifact was once made to mirror other ponies, creating perfect, obedient copies. One of Ancient Cult's branches wanted to use this artifact to their ends, but it would not work properly. This artifact was more then thay anticipated. It could not create perfect copies, having only black\gold palettes, as well as being unable to shapeshift again without manual reset of form. Artifact was left as failure, until it was found. After Scale's mistake, the Artifact got a powerful physical form of black scaled Quilin with golden mane and eyes. With mind clouded by countless ponies of Limbo, wispering in her head, and especially Scale's memories, fresh in Artifact's memory, she had to let her vengence into the world. Scale defeated her, but the spell did not shatter. Instead, her mind unshakled and fragments of memories of many ponies vanished from her head, leaving just two, a weak, quiet one and her own, which formed an individuality. She took a name - Ebon Scar - and set off to find her purpose to be in this world.

[/spoiler]

Cutiemark: Three Dragon Scales

Hobbies: Reading Swiftwing the Adventuress books; Helping her parents with farm chores; Flying and enjoying scenery. Adventures are more than hobby to her.
Character: She is a quick thinker and loves reading. While she easily gets exited or angered, she never lets her emotions take over. She can hold that all long enough to respond adequately. She's cheerful and kind, but tends to be a bit more silent with strangers. In her younger years though, she was a bit too active and rarely though about consequences of her words or actions, which lead to a number of unpleasant situations.

Abilities: Due to her unusual Origin, she's flawed both as a Unicorn and a Dragon. She can use powerful Fire Magic, but that's the only magic she can use. Even the basic "Levitation" ends up in embers. And she also can't breathe fire. Only cough up a few flame sparks. Her scales make her fireproof. Dragon wings allow her to fly. She's stronger than an Earth Pony, being Half-Dragon and all, but can just barely challenge a young Dragon in strength. Her flying skills can compete with those of the fastest Pegasi. But I don't think she can challenge Thunderwings, she's a bit too heavy to reach that speed.

Notes on Abilities: These abilities are not just "out of nowhere". Being a newborn Half-Dragon, she knew nothing and her body was weak. She grew on the farm. Helping her parents with everyday chores helped her get much stronger, being Half-Dragon just moved her strength limits a bit further as she grew up. As for magic, her stepbrother, a Royal Guard unicorn, tried teching her magic. But the only magic she could cast was Fire magic. Light spell, Fireball spell, etc. She practiced with her brother whenever he was coming to visit and eventually was able to create her own variations of Fire spells. Still, their power wasn't greater than that of your average unicorn mage's. Exept for Royal Spark, which was basically total release of enourmous amounts of magic, that was then ignited, causing concentrated sphere of fire with incretible temperature. Serpent Scale can withstand that heat thanks to her fireproof scales. Also, she have trouble at accelerating or decelerating when flying due to her weight. Capable of gaining great speed and agility thanks to her strength, accelerating takes more time than it would take for a Peagasus. As for decelerating, she just slows a bit before actually just landing at a rather great speed, leaving mark on earth. It's easier for her to manuver at top speed due to her aerodynamics, scales and all.

Short Description:
"Found as a baby in a crystal cave, she has no knowledge of her origin. Who were her real parents? Why was she all alone in that cave? She will find answers for those questions...one day...maybe.
Her stepparents are farmers and her stepbrother is a Royal Guard in Radiant Empire's capital - Dawnshine. Scale is a longtime fan of Swiftwing the Adventuress. She always dreamed of going on an adventure. To fight mighty foes and find riches unimaginable. But her first adventure was not what she imagined it to be. Her stepbrother's life as a Royal Guard was at stake, and she would soon meet the enigmatic resident of the Grim Castle - Sin the Earthbound, a Soulbinder.
"

Origin:
"Great continent of Gurenseh. In that land lived a unicorn named Scales. She was a Dragon researcher. Ponies knew precious little about those mighty creatures and she dedicated her life to finding as much about them as possible. Her cutiemark, Three Dragon Scales, became symbol of her dedication.
Scales found a book, written by an Ancient Cult which mentioned something about an Artifact, connected to Dragons. She was dedicated to find it. She searched for months, but haven't found anything. But eventually, she managed to find a Crystal Cave where Artifact was hidden. Scales entered the cave, and there she found an Artifact. It was...a Crystal Dragon Egg! That's what she hastely assumed. Her roughly translated ancient text, appearance of the Artifact and outbursting exitement lead to her greatest mistake in her life. She cast a "Hatch" spell on the "Egg". But instead, the Artifact, which actually was a Crystal Databank on Dragon Physiology, exploded. The spell bounced back at Scales. It hit her and in a few seconds she was turned into a Dragon Egg. Inside this egg, she stayed in some kind of magical stasis. Even after her physique was altered, egg protected her from dangers of the world. And one day, a couple found its way into the cave. Sensing their good nature, the egg finally hatched...and so began the story of Serpent Scale.
"

Naura

She looks really fun to draw, and sure fun to rp with, and she looks very original too, but she got this story were she doesn't know who her parents was or where they are, which is very common, I have one of those myself X3
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

GlassMirror

yay another Dragon Pony! I like her design
Quotehas no knowledge of her origin. Who were her real parents? Why was she all alone in that cave? She will find answers for those questions...one day...maybe.

This is exactly like my OCs story, except that he grew up on his own though. But cool OC! :3

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jun 16, 14:15:46
She looks really fun to draw, and sure fun to rp with, and she looks very original too, but she got this story were she doesn't know who her parents was or where they are, which is very common, I have one of those myself X3

Oh, but I have that planned actually) She hails from times before Canterlot, before Regal Sisters and before Crystal Empire was taken over by Sombra. And furthermore - she wasn't a Half-Dragon then, but became such due to a magical accident. It wiped her memory and changed her body. That's why she doesn't remember anything. There is nothing to remember in the first place)

Post Merge

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 16, 14:22:42
yay another Dragon Pony! I like her design

This is exactly like my OCs story, except that he grew up on his own though. But cool OC! :3

My Dragon Pony is unable to breathe fire. Maybe she can cough up a spark or two. Tops.
Instead, she can cast powerful fire magic with her horn. This magic can rival in power dragon flames and one spell was created by Scale after she was inspired by Celestia's performance at Summer Sun Celebration. It's called the "Royal Flare")
:D

Ah, and she can't use any other magic. Even basic "Levitation". She have to do everything like an Earth Pony or Pegasus)
X3

ChibiGrrl

That's some awesome shading in the sketch, what a great looking OC!

Maybe I should try to improve my coloring/shading technique?? hehe X3

-ReiMar-

Quote from: ChibiGrrl on 2014 Jun 16, 15:21:53
That's some awesome shading in the sketch, what a great looking OC!

Maybe I should try to improve my coloring/shading technique?? hehe X3

I should probably mention that these pictures are not mine) My sketches were a bit rougher, but some good people on the net liked my concept of this OC and offered to draw her) ^ ^ Many thanks to them))
I'm still working on my drawing though) One day I'll draw her with my own hand!)

GoldenTerrabyte

She seems really fun! The only thing missing is a personality description! Having a personality planned is the single most important thing for a character if they will be used in roleplay! So if you have a personality for her and it's just not mentioned, that's alright too. Even if it's not stated what her personality's like, she still needs to have one.
I'm back

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jun 16, 18:09:40
She seems really fun! The only thing missing is a personality description! Having a personality planned is the single most important thing for a character if they will be used in roleplay! So if you have a personality for her and it's just not mentioned, that's alright too. Even if it's not stated what her personality's like, she still needs to have one.

Her childhood hero is Daring Do, so she's more like Rainbow Dash, but her stepparents kept a close eye on her, so she's also a bit more calm) ^^ Is Adventurous a personality?) X)
lol

Anyway, I have all of her descriptions and basic adventures planned) I just don't know what of it to write) I'm introducing a character, not writing a book)) ^^
X3

MrEmu

I really don't mean to be mean...but She really doesn't seem to fit in the MLP show.

I mean a Dragon pony Alicorn is just...well...doesn't seem to fit in show cannon, I mean Dragon ponies are not even real, and as far as we know there are only 4 Alicorns.

Also Dragon ponies are rather common for OC's I'v seen, and especially Alicorns.
I don't mean to hurt your feelings...but this OC just seems to be a lot of common Fanon and head cannon.

Once again, if I have hurt your feelings in any way, shape, or form I am sorry.

Tiger

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but species hybrids have always irked me. I mean, we don't know if they're possible in the show, so that kind of decreases how much we can believe that this OC can exist in Equestria. Though, I guess Equestria is already a really magical place to begin with, so lets just assume species hybrids are possible for now.

As stated by the others, not knowing her parents is quite a common trait among OCs, to the point that it seems a little cliche. Maybe you could change that part to be more original, but there's nothing wrong with it, really.

I don't really understand your 'Rainbow Dash but calmer' personality. So you mean she's cocky and easily annoyed, yet calm? Then again, maybe I don't understand it because I don't understand RD's personality in the first place. Maybe you could elaborate in words?

I'm not sure what I feel about Necro Mane threatening Equestria and such, but that's for story critics to critique I guess.

On the bright side, I really like her design, and I think she can definitely be a great character, the only real problem I see is her being a species hybrid.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Midnight Breeze

Even if a dragon-pony hybrid was genetically possible, would it be physically possible? You know, given the enormous size difference between adult ponies and dragons...

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 16, 21:33:12
Even if a dragon-pony hybrid was genetically possible, would it be physically possible? You know, given the enormous size difference between adult ponies and dragons...

LOL

GlassMirror

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jun 16, 23:58:23

LOL

lol
It was possible for my OC's parents to go all the way lol

Shadow Mare

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 17, 00:13:43

LOL

lol

But that's different...

GlassMirror

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jun 17, 00:16:58
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 17, 00:13:43

LOL

lol

But that's different...

yes it is.....
Now what about YOUR dragon sisters? :3 lol

hazardtime

The logistics of her parents' relationship aside, I have to admit that I am of the anti-hybrid camp.  However, this is mostly because the majority of hybrid characters I've seen are Mary Sues.  If you could provide some more information as to what powers Serpent Scales' dragon-pony anatomy grants her, I feel that this character would be worthy of respect.

-ReiMar-

2014 Jun 17, 04:05:11 #16 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 17, 10:10:53 by -ReiMar-
Quote from: hazardtime on 2014 Jun 17, 00:24:44
The logistics of her parents' relationship aside, I have to admit that I am of the anti-hybrid camp.  However, this is mostly because the majority of hybrid characters I've seen are Mary Sues.  If you could provide some more information as to what powers Serpent Scales' dragon-pony anatomy grants her, I feel that this character would be worthy of respect.

Aw, not only I missed all your totally expected comments, I don't have time to answer them right now. ^^'' It's like 6 minutes till I have to leave for my exam) ^^""
DD:

Ok, I'll make short statements on your questions)

-She's not an Alicorn and won't be able to compete with one in terms of magical power. She's just a Unicorn with Dragon wings) Her magic is limited only to Fire Magic. Due to her origin, she can't cast any magic but fire one. Not even basic Levitation to move stuff around. Her attempts end up in embers. Also, she can't breathe fire. She can cough up a few sparks, but that's it. But her Fire Magic is very powerful. Actually, I take back that first statement - she can compete with Alicorn in terms of Fire Magic. But Alicorns will easily overcome her with Ice Magic)

-She is not a common understanding of "Hybrid" instead of Pony\Dragon-Mommy-Daddy way, she actually a normal Unicorn pony that got into a magical accident that wiped her memory and turned her into a Dragon egg. She stayed in that state for millenium at least, slowly changing in her appearance, phisique and magical powers. Due to magical root of her origin, she now flawed both as a Unicorn and as a Dragon. Yet, she gained some benefits too. She can now fly with Dragon Wings and cast Fire magic...even if it's her ONLY magic) Well, not that she remembers that she had other magic and no wings)) ^^''

-Sorry, character will have to wait. I'll just say she can hold of her emotions for longer than Dash, even if she goes nuts inside her head)) ^^

hazardtime

The back story is interesting, however I feel it would make a good story arch for her character to want to find her origins.  Whether or not that's possible, though, you would know better than me  X3

-ReiMar-

Quote from: hazardtime on 2014 Jun 18, 14:38:53
The back story is interesting, however I feel it would make a good story arch for her character to want to find her origins.  Whether or not that's possible, though, you would know better than me  X3

That's what she does) She hunts other Artifacts of the Ancient Cult in hopes that they will uncover her past)) I actually wanted to make a webcomic or something, but I'm no artist. So instead, I just create her adventures and watch them in my head)) ^^

Night Pony

The only thing I would suggest is to not make her ancient. It's cliche for me when something is before everything. That is a lot of time (more than 2,000 years). We don't know even if the most powerful ponies (Luna and Celestia) could live that long much less Dragons who have much less magical power. Plus there was no Equestria before the unification and even after it Discord came to power and they weren't exactly happy.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up