Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2015 Nov 26, 15:11:21
You can ask the web dev team if they can fix that.

I hate tapatalk.  I don't have it installed but once in a while it completely locks me out of the forums, and for me to access them I have to clear my browser cache on my phone and navigate to the forums through legendsofequestria(dot)com instead of just going to forum(dot)legendsofequestria(dot)com...

I recommend trying Tapatalk, it's actually really nice. I like it better than the actual website sometimes(except when I need to find something specific, chat with other members, and some other things).

Also, I don't think there's anything that the Web Dev Team can do, it seems to be just how Tapatalk is. I could be wrong though.

Lync Volan

Seems like i caught my yearly sick yesterday >.<

Pipkin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Nov 26, 15:46:14
I recommend trying Tapatalk, it's actually really nice. I like it better than the actual website sometimes(except when I need to find something specific, chat with other members, and some other things).

Also, I don't think there's anything that the Web Dev Team can do, it seems to be just how Tapatalk is. I could be wrong though.

I Did try it and had to remove it because I can't access certain moderation tools with it.

I do a surprising amount of moderation from my phone ;)

Midnight Breeze

Just got back from Louisiana for thanksgiving and again I'm reminded what a black sheep I am. I'm literally nothing at all like everyone else in my family, barring maybe my older niece. They're a pretty rural bunch, ESPECIALLY my middle sister's family - they're your stereotypical rednecks (I hate that word but it's the only one I could think to describe them).

I really don't know how or why I turned out the way I am. My personality goes completely against the environment I was raised in.

Also it looks like Louisiana has repaved the entire highway between Shreveport and Natchitoches. Figures they'd starting fixing the state's decrepit infrastructure as soon as I leave. Enjoy my tax dollars, governor.

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Nov 28, 13:33:18 #17724 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 28, 16:12:03 by Chishio Kunrin
The RWBY wiki admins have been posting and highlighting forum threads reminding people of the Spoiler Policy.
Only people with an account will get a notification of this highlight, so I understand anons still violating the policy every once in a while.
But when users do it... Seriously?! :/ There's a highlighted thread titled "Reminder on Spoiler Policy"! Don't complain when you get banned for 2 hours!

Post Merge

And now the admins have gone and locked one of the pages because people were editing spoilers onto that page on a constant basis. :facehoof:

Post Merge

Apparently, the entire reason some of my shows haven't been recording is because my stupid cable provider keeps flagging new episodes as "re-runs"!! So, guess what?! It didn't record the MLP season 5 finale!!! >:O

I am so sick of it not recording new episodes of my shows!!

It records my mom's shows just fine! But nooo, they wanna be stupid when it comes to cartoons!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

2015 Nov 29, 01:26:34 #17725 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 29, 17:55:18 by Princess Darcy
I have an over-the-range microwave and it's so loud I'm pretty sure it rattles the whole apartment building. I just want a microwave burrito at 1 in the morning without waking up all my neighbors!

Slightly unnecessary mate ;)
~Darcy

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Nov 29, 01:26:34
I have an over-the-range microwave and it's so loud I'm pretty sure it rattles the whole apartment building. I just want a microwave burrito at 1 in the morning without waking up all my neighbors!
Our Microwave broke.
On thanksgiving it started smoking... -.-

Midnight Breeze

IKEA delivered my furniture just now. Oh God, it's everywhere. It's in my raccoon wounds.

My apartment will look like a warehouse until I get around to putting it all together in oh say 7-9 months.

DawnsEmbrace

2015 Nov 29, 12:01:12 #17728 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 29, 17:59:03 by Princess Darcy
I updated to Windows 10.

I know understand what a tremendous screw up that was.

If you put anything on your desktop that Windows doesn't like (and that includes folders, files, and most programs you might have,) then Windows deletes them overnight.
I am telling everyone right now, as fellow forum goers,
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ON YOUR DESKTOP THAT YOU DON'T HAVE BACKED-UP SOMEWHERE, DO IT NOW AND DONT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.

Still censorship
~Darcy
<br />

Jcfraven

2015 Nov 29, 13:36:48 #17729 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 29, 17:59:20 by Princess Darcy
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Nov 29, 12:01:12
I updated to Windows 10.

I know understand what a tremendous screw up that was.

If you put anything on your desktop that Windows doesn't like (and that includes folders, files, and most programs you might have,) then Windows deletes them overnight.
I am telling everyone right now, as fellow forum goers,
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ON YOUR DESKTOP THAT YOU DON'T HAVE BACKED-UP SOMEWHERE, DO IT NOW AND DONT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.
Still censorship
~Darcy

To anyone still running Windows: Go Full Linux and encourage lazy developers to compile Linux Versions of their games and programs.

Midnight Breeze

2015 Nov 29, 16:39:13 #17730 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 29, 16:41:35 by Midnight Breeze
Why do Uber drivers make so little in Dallas compared to literally every other major city? That's annoying. Average driver cut per trip is only $13 in Dallas compared to $16+ in Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, and Miami.

That's weird. Texas has a median household income slightly above the national median. What gives?

Whatever. It's easy side money, anyway. Might as well stick my fingers in the pie before Uber gets assassinated by driverless car technology.

Jcfraven

2015 Nov 29, 20:12:25 #17731 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 30, 00:06:24 by Jcfraven
Spoiler: show
"Do you have a Skype? I would like to talk to your further about your application."

*Processed a day later*

"I would like to contact you later on tonight or tomorrow, pretty hectic currently."
(Game project launch failure, a project I'm applying to be a moderator for)

Me: "Okay."

*Later on that night*

Me: "I assume you're still busy, so I won't ask about the application, but [Insert Question Here]?"

*No response*
*Next Day(today)*
*No response*

I mean, the least someone can do when someone who is qualified, and willing to do something not many(who are qualified) are willing to do, applies for something pertaining to the person, is to respond and update the person on things.

Midnight Breeze

Year after year it never fails that I'm broke on cyber Monday. Here I sit with $1250 in the bank and rent due tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I have $300 left until next payday. That can't buy much in the way of computer upgrades even with discounts, and even if it could I'm extremely uncomfortable draining my bank account at any time. The idea of being flat broke horrifies me.

I guess we'll see if my decrepit old 2010 dinosaur can make it until cyber Monday 2016. I should have a better bank account by then. If not...well, I'll have to pay full price. One thing I simply cannot do without is a working computer. Hold in there, old faithful...

LostSanity

One final comparison between Final Fantasy 13-2 and MLP: FiM S5 Finale.

Put it spoilers once again as I don't know how it'll be taken. Plus there are spoilers for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 as well.

Spoiler: show
Realization:

Final Fantasy 13-2: Caius: (jerk villain) killed by Lightning in Final Fantasy 13-3 (Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13)

MLP: FiM S5 Finale: Glimmer: (jerk dictator) "WE'RE STUPID SO WE FORGIVE YOU :P"                >:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Stardust Dragon

Logging out of a game that's already frustrating me (sudden enormous load times, broken quest, and the knowledge the dev team is absurdly slow to respond to any tickets):

Data Verification failed.  Please Login Again.

o_O But...I... I was logging out...?

Lync Volan

2015 Dec 01, 04:44:01 #17735 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 01, 05:56:11 by Lync Volan
EVERYTHING on my computer, EVERY website i visit runs quick and smoothly EXCEPT facebook for some odd reason, i tried to change browsers and i even deleted my history and whatever (which i don't like doing cause i gotta get my Portable Hard Drive out to put my passwords in again)
i wanna chat on Fb with my besties and i wanna posts stuff and find new groups and stuff but NAH! lets be a slow crud today and the next day and the day after that!   

Post Merge

I have started a bunch of video games that i NEED to finish before starting any of my newly bought ones cause i'll most likely be stuck with 20+ unfinished video games! but i just don't feel up to playin any of those certain games that need finishing and just wanna play my newly bought ones but can't >A<

Midnight Breeze

And then it hits me. I know why I keep getting sick.

I've had 3 colds since I started working my job 6 months ago. I work in a refrigerated factory just above freezing and the cold makes my nose run. I can't keep taking off my gloves and washing my hands every 10 minutes to blow my nose, so I have a habit of wiping my nose on my smock sleeve - as does everyone else - since it doesn't come into contact with the product, and they get washed daily.

So if they get sanitized daily what's the problem? Well, when we go to break we hang our smocks on hooks since we can't take them out of the room. The sleeves touch each other on the hooks. Enter cross-contamination. Since I'm left handed I use the left sleeve predominantly, and the left sleeve is touching the right sleeve of my coworker's smock, who is probably right handed.

How can I fix this situation? I don't have much of a choice here.

Chibalt

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 01, 07:43:50

I've had 3 colds since I started working my job 6 months ago. I work in a refrigerated factory just above freezing and the cold makes my nose run. I can't keep taking off my gloves and washing my hands every 10 minutes to blow my nose, so I have a habit of wiping my nose on my smock sleeve - as does everyone else - since it doesn't come into contact with the product, and they get washed daily.

So if they get sanitized daily what's the problem? Well, when we go to break we hang our smocks on hooks since we can't take them out of the room. The sleeves touch each other on the hooks. Enter cross-contamination. Since I'm left handed I use the left sleeve predominantly, and the left sleeve is touching the right sleeve of my coworker's smock, who is probably right handed.

You could fold up the sleeve before hanging it up, that might work.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Gamepad

Not being in control, not having a say or opinion in anything.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 01, 07:43:50

This'll sound silly...

But take a paper towel cardboard tube thingy and put that on the hook, then hang the smock on the extended paper towel tube.
You also could use a metal coat hanger that's bent up, or a odd combination of both.

I doubt this will work though, I blame the derp of this on my lack of sleep. lol

We're setting up our Christmas tree tonight, but... I couldn't sleep again due to insomnia...
I'm dead tired, wanting nothing more than to go to bed, but it's only 2PM which means I gotta stay up at least another 12 hours... great...
At least Christmas music doe. :3
Pulling all nighters sucks... and this year was a lot better than last!
Last year the whole month of November was basically sleeping every other night. (Only 3 of the nights I slept twice in a row) I swear that messed me up 'cause to this day I seem to have a phobia of lack of sleep and a couple of other things. :P

Ah well...only 12 hours before I can head to my dreams.

Go Up