Nintendo Switch

Started by Rikaria, 2016 Oct 20, 12:02:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

PersonaUser

It certainly looks intriguing.

Either way there has to be an actual game for it that I want before I consider getting it.

Only time will tell I suppose...

Rikaria

http://nintendoeverything.com/you-can-merge-your-wii-u-3ds-eshop-balance-with-switch-right-now-on-nintendos-website/

Just a heads up for those wanting to buy something from the Switch eShop immediately and still have funds from their 3DS/Wii U.

KirbyFluttershy

My brother got the system, but he's having a dilemma on whether he should keep it or not although the problem is that he didn't buy any games for the system so I did tell him the recommended games he should get for the switch. he said he likes the system, but he doesn't know if he'd (or he can) play LoZ BotW and i told him that if he tried the game for the switch once, then probably he can't return the system so probably i need some advice to convince him enough to keep the system (if anyone can help me out). If anyone asked what games i recommended him, it was LoZ BotW, MK8DX, and for himself, Just Dance 2017.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Buys the system but doesn't get games...

Wait, what? O: Why did he get it in the first place, then?

KirbyFluttershy

Well I didn't ask him why, but that's a good question. I did tell him that he should try it once before saying i don't like it or i hate it and stuff like that, but I don't see any (good) reason(s) why he liked the system. The other dilemma that got him in this mess was whether he should get LoZ BotW or not, but I did tell him that if i tried LoZ BotW for the wii-u, i can report back to him and see how good the game is for the switch and that'll convince him enough to get LoZ BotW. Just Dance 2017 would be my recommended game to him (ever since he has that just dance app on his apple TV and other dancing games). The other i'm concerned about the system is the demo gameplays in the stores such as target and best buy, but I'll try to keep looking into his problem and convince him enough to keep the system.

My Friend told me that there isn't that much of a huge selection after the switch has been released so apparently there are over 100 games for the switch planned this year. Yeah that's true, but we needed more reveals from nintendo direct.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Sweet Brew

Sense the Switch released this thread kind of died, I wonder why?
Anyways, So what're some people's thoughts on it? (For those who own the Switch that is)

Rikaria

I like what Nintendo conveyed with this system: console experiences anytime, anywhere. The only problem is there's not really that many good games out right now (of course, that varies from person to person pony to pony), but of course this will change as time goes on.

Thankfully, the next major game is coming out next month (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, even if it's technically a port), so hopefully the hype will continue by then.

DarkSpectre

As a switch owner, I can say that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an excellent game, especially if you like open world stuff. It does have it's flaws, much like Ocarina of Time did, but it's clear that Nintendo put a lot of effort into it to make it as good as they could. I've been playing it since basically launch and am still discovering little things that I didn't know about. I mean, it's obvious that you can run around and swing a sword, not so obvious that...
Spoiler: show
some npc's will comment on the fact that you've taken off all of your armor and are running around in just your underwear.

Free Hugs!

Sweet Brew

Quote from: DarkSpectre on 2017 Mar 30, 09:11:27
As a switch owner, I can say that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an excellent game, especially if you like open world stuff. It does have it's flaws, much like Ocarina of Time did, but it's clear that Nintendo put a lot of effort into it to make it as good as they could. I've been playing it since basically launch and am still discovering little things that I didn't know about. I mean, it's obvious that you can run around and swing a sword, not so obvious that...
Spoiler: show
some npc's will comment on the fact that you've taken off all of your armor and are running around in just your underwear.

I just finished the BotW story last night and daaaaaang!
It was awesome! I actually cried at the ending. lol

But my only issue with the game is that very rarely I'll get a 2 second freeze like... 1/5 times I play, but only on the TV.

DarkSpectre

2017 Mar 31, 01:14:04 #30 Last Edit: 2017 Mar 31, 01:20:15 by DarkSpectre
I really like what they did with the lost woods. The music and general look of it made it feel like a place you could realistically get lost in very easily.

Spoiler:  BOTW: Lost Woods Music • show

To stay on topic, I've been out of phone data this month. So if I have a period away from home where I have nothing to do, I just whip out my Switch and can play things anywhere. It's great! Then get home and put it in the dock to enjoy the games on the big screen. Here's hoping that Super Mario Odyssey is as great as Breath of the Wild is. Those two and Mario Kart are going to seriously end up wasting so much time  lol

Spoiler: Super Mario Odyssey Trailer • show

Free Hugs!

Go Up