2017 May 28, 22:11:39

Author Topic: Star's Voice Reels!  (Read 969 times)

Offline Little Star

• Singing and Voice Acting Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Star's Voice Reels!
« on: 2013 Dec 22, 19:43:50 »
Here is my very first voice reel!
Fillies
Fillies and Moar!
More to come!

Feedback plz...
And if you want me to make longer voice reels of any of these...
AppleJack and Fluttershy coming soon~
« Last Edit: 2013 Dec 23, 13:09:51 by StarSong »

Offline Itty Bit

• Goo goo!
    • View Profile
Re: Star's Voice Reels!
« Reply #1 on: 2013 Dec 23, 12:44:04 »
Your voice is super versatile!
I really like your Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle voices~ :)

Big thanks to Princess Parfait for this beautiful title! Click on it to check out my Tumblr! <3

Offline GuitarBrony

• Musician, VA, and Cosplayer. not always that order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 Dec 23, 13:16:50 »
gonna be honest, I was half expecting the  "AHMAGADSILVERSPOON" DT voice. XP I had honestly forgotten what DT actually sounded like, and was about to check but then i heard you do it. didn't really have to check after that. XP

All in all, good job. It's definitely difficult to do any one voice very well if you're not the original voice actor/actress. but you did these ALL really good.

Particularly liked Scoots and Applebloom. ESPECIALLY AB. At the risk of rambling on and on about my thoughts, I'll just keep it short and simple (cuz, believe me. i could go for hours on this subject.) You did AB's voice really well in terms of pitching and accent. It sounded like HER accent, rather than just a generic Southern one. However, you also did something that REALLY impressed me. You got her inflections really well, too. Each character in the show (well, every character EVER, really) has a certain way of speaking, outside their pitch/accent/vocabulary. A certain cadence, if you will. You got AB's down REALLY well. Not that you didn't do well for the others, just that AB has the accent, as well as the voice you'd have to deal with on top, so its just the most striking example for me.

Gonna stop rambling now.   X3 Good job.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Offline Little Star

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 Dec 23, 13:27:55 »
gonna be honest, I was half expecting the  "AHMAGADSILVERSPOON" DT voice. XP I had honestly forgotten what DT actually sounded like, and was about to check but then i heard you do it. didn't really have to check after that. XP

All in all, good job. It's definitely difficult to do any one voice very well if you're not the original voice actor/actress. but you did these ALL really good.

Particularly liked Scoots and Applebloom. ESPECIALLY AB. At the risk of rambling on and on about my thoughts, I'll just keep it short and simple (cuz, believe me. i could go for hours on this subject.) You did AB's voice really well in terms of pitching and accent. It sounded like HER accent, rather than just a generic Southern one. However, you also did something that REALLY impressed me. You got her inflections really well, too. Each character in the show (well, every character EVER, really) has a certain way of speaking, outside their pitch/accent/vocabulary. A certain cadence, if you will. You got AB's down REALLY well. Not that you didn't do well for the others, just that AB has the accent, as well as the voice you'd have to deal with on top, so its just the most striking example for me.

Gonna stop rambling now.   X3 Good job.
First I would totally expect that from myself too. AHMAGAD SILVERSPOON
Second: Thank you so much! I really try to get just how they would say the stuff, I tend to notice that a lot when I'm around people, it's my thing.

Your voice is super versatile!
I really like your Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle voices~ :)
Thanks! They're definitely my favorites.

Offline Little Star

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014 Jul 22, 13:35:37 »
Here's the first character reel I've got.. (And most views I've ever gotten on a video.. 557 views...)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKlNp134mw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKlNp134mw</a>
« Last Edit: 2014 Jul 22, 15:15:35 by StarSong »